Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 83   Go Down

Author Topic: Horn of Balance  (Read 463589 times)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: [DEMO 0.18 NOW OUT] Alttp - Horn of Balance
« Reply #1100 on: January 17, 2017, 06:48:34 pm »
  • .越//
Just "tested" the 0.18 for a few seconds  :P
And i noticed a few things... since i made a PinncaleGameProfiler Profile for my USB-Snes Controller, i noticed that the Main-Menu uses enter/space, which it doesn't use ingame... so i had to make a shift mode in the profile "only" because of those two buttons.
maybe it would be possible to use the map/item menu buttons as standard on enter/space? would be less unimmersive ;)

then the full screen mode gives me a big black border on the left side (attachment) of the screen and the large mode lets the window open with the upper left edge in the middle of the screen

so third thing is possible because i've gone the wrong way i guess? the entry of the cave of courage has invisible blocks not letting me in or out... maybe at least let the player outside again when the don't should go inside?

btw. i attached the profile too for anyone who has pinnacle game profiler

edit:
played a little further... its not a link to the past but when the boomerang stuns "Bow Soldiers" shouldnt it stun "Sword Soldiers" too? (Snapdragon isn't stunned either) and when the Electro-Chuchu (?) is stunned in a non-electring state, it still hurts the player when attacked

edit2: bought the red shield and attacking "Sword Soldier" on the second screen with the boomerang gave me a fatal error

of  Step Event2
for object parent_Character_Sprite_Detached:

Variable parent_Character_Sprite_Detached.condition2(100242, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_scr_Char_Collisions_Detached
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scr_Char_Collisions_Detached (line 0)
gml_Object_parent_Character_Sprite_Detached_Step_2

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:15:03 pm by dotyue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #1101 on: January 17, 2017, 07:19:22 pm »
Thanks for testing XD. I should have all the glitches fixed by the weekend.

Editing the buttons is probably no issue. I'll try it out.

The enemy responses to the boomerang is a matter of me not comparing to the original. Stunning all soldiers makes sense since their all human so I'll add that. The buzzblob stopping to electrify when stunned I'll have to think about. You don't feel it's more logical this way?
« Reply #1102 on: January 17, 2017, 07:29:36 pm »

I find myself stuck in this spot as I enter the cave, unable to move in any direction, not even backwards to exit the dungeon. Getting caught by the Wallmaster doesn't fix it either.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #1103 on: January 17, 2017, 07:40:40 pm »
  • .越//
Thanks for testing XD. I should have all the glitches fixed by the weekend.

Editing the buttons is probably no issue. I'll try it out.

The enemy responses to the boomerang is a matter of me not comparing to the original. Stunning all soldiers makes sense since their all human so I'll add that. The buzzblob stopping to electrify when stunned I'll have to think about. You don't feel it's more logical this way?

the thing with the buttons is just, that it shouldn't use more than the original don't you think? can be used any of them as long as the amount of buttons doesn't reach a certain point... its useless to use buttons one time and then never again anyways right?

how should a player fight the buzzblob? i always stunned them so i can attack... they don't even indicate in their graphics that they electrify when they are stunned, they just hurt D:
too me the logic is either they stop "buzzing" when stunned or just can't be stunned.

the post of PendulumSwing is exactly what i've talked about too ;)

also. fatal error (seems to be the same)
normal shield, attacking a bush while boomerang is still flying
of  Step Event2
for object parent_Character_Sprite_Detached:

Variable parent_Character_Sprite_Detached.condition2(100242, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_scr_Char_Collisions_Detached
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scr_Char_Collisions_Detached (line 0)
gml_Object_parent_Character_Sprite_Detached_Step_2

edit: a suggestion... since the player can farm rupees in front of the store very fast, maybe put a timer of some sort to the bushes and grass? so that it  doesnt instant respawn when leaving and entering the screen?

`(took me 3 ingame days to shop every item)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:57:19 pm by dotyue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #1104 on: January 17, 2017, 07:56:57 pm »
the thing with the buttons is just, that it shouldn't use more than the original don't you think? can be used any of them as long as the amount of buttons doesn't reach a certain point... its useless to use buttons one time and then never again anyways right?

People once complained that I should the keyboard more fully. Never considered controls before though.

how should a player fight the buzzblob? i always stunned them so i can attack... they don't even indicate in their graphics that they electrify when they are stunned, they just hurt D:
too me the logic is either they stop "buzzing" when stunned or just can't be stunned.

Bombs, arrows and rods should work. Then again, that would limit me from placing buzzblobs in the overworld in the final game (since the player will not have those later on only). I also like the argument about visuals hinting. I'll see what I can do.

the post of PendulumSwing is exactly what i've talked about too ;)

Working on it as you're reading this. Thanks for the screenshot PendulumSwing. The issue behind this is that GM Studio doesn't always "remember" recently included files when you save a project under a new name. It's bizar and pretty annoying. Hopefully GM2 will have fixed that.

also. fatal error (seems to be the same)
normal shield, attacking a bush while boomerang is still flying

I'll look into it.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #1105 on: January 17, 2017, 08:21:26 pm »
  • .越//
 the keyboard functions like the typing and the control changing is cool and should be there for pc, but its still the fangame of a snes game. i see no reason to use keys "only" once and don't  have any form of action button used ingame used for the menu... if the ingame controls for menu and item menu are used for the menu too, then its more consistend

visual hinting is a thing most zelda games use, if an enemy is immun to something or is attacking should be indicated.

XD same fatal error boomeranging a red lance soldier

edit: btw. i really like the wolf sound when night comes =)

edit2: Royal Tombs, the Green Soldier with Dagger(?) and small shield ignores the player... i don't know if that because its an older dungeon of yours or he is a weak version... also the flying blue jelly(?) are killed instantly when hit with a bow instead of splitting in two

edit3: "that" thing (attachment) can only be killed when its "together" with its other part and only by the sword. but its immun to the sword beam of the L-2 Sword found in the same dungeon?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:02:24 pm by dotyue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #1106 on: January 17, 2017, 09:42:42 pm »
edit2: Royal Tombs, the Green Soldier with Dagger(?) and small shield ignores the player... i don't know if that because its an older dungeon of yours or he is a weak version.

I believe that's simular to the original. Those are the rookies, which are meant to be simplier then the regular soldiers. In the final game, they'll be placed before you'll encounter the tougher soldiers.

Also, I fixed the cave issues on my end (along with doing some tweaks to enemy properties). I was thinking I should release a new demo a.s.a.p. but considering the amount of feedback I think it's best if I take my time and release a more robust update by the end of the weekend. That'll give me a chance to also add the new boss somehow as well. (Also, it's late for me and work starts early).

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm loving it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:44:33 pm by Martijn dh »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #1107 on: January 18, 2017, 09:43:28 am »
  • .越//
I believe that's simular to the original. Those are the rookies, which are meant to be simplier then the regular soldiers. In the final game, they'll be placed before you'll encounter the tougher soldiers.

Thats what i've thought =)

Also, I fixed the cave issues on my end (along with doing some tweaks to enemy properties). I was thinking I should release a new demo a.s.a.p. but considering the amount of feedback I think it's best if I take my time and release a more robust update by the end of the weekend. That'll give me a chance to also add the new boss somehow as well. (Also, it's late for me and work starts early).

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm loving it.

Take your time, its "just" the boomerang issue which is annoying

A Feature Suggestion: Since the Fire of The Firerod and the Lamp collide with Bushes... could we have the feature to burn them?

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #1108 on: January 18, 2017, 09:09:09 pm »
Just a little warning with the current demo:
While fixing reported issues I discovered potential errors with the map menu. It may be best to avoid the map menu in the current demo to prevent progress loss. The next demo will have the issue fixed so it may be best to wait for that in the weekend all together.
« Reply #1109 on: January 21, 2017, 09:30:20 pm »
So here is a nice little progress report and updated demo:

New download
Demo version: 0.18.09
File Size: 21,25 MB (Zipped)
Screen Resolution: 320 x 240 (Changable)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/r0duo5tykdw4x5p/Zelda+Horn+of+Balance+0+18+09+Public.zip

Notes:
- The goal is to reach the end of both major dungeons
- An gauntlet mini-dungeon is included as a hard mode and to display additional enemies and items

Default controls*:
D - Action button (open doors / read text / grab / etc) + Confirm button (while in menus)
G - Attack button (hold and release for a full swing attack) + Cancel button (while in menus)
S - Perform run action (if you have the boots available)
R - Use item A
F - Use item B
Space - Brings up item menu
Enter - Brings up map menu
Escape - Pauses the game (can be used to exit the game)

* The controls can be personalized in the options menu at the start of the game.

What's new?
* Mini Moldorm -
* 3rd Boss -
Show content

* Changes to the (default) control setup
* Fixes for pretty much all the other reported feedback

What's stayed the same?
* Buzzblob's still shock when struck while stunned. --> I might edit this in a future version
* Blue Bari does not split when killed --> This is deliberate. I the original only red bari split upon death
* Item farming is still possible --> Great idea and will be looked into when game is nearing completion. For now I view the demo as a semi-sandbox so I'm okay with rupee farming.
* No burning of bushes just yet --> I'm not against the idea but I'd want to do it right (like explore the idea of letting the fire spread) and that'd take a lot of time. I may look at this again for a later demo.

(Boring) details
Code: [Select]
0.18.01 Studio (2 januari 2017)
* Started work on new item: magic powder
* Did work on tilesets and new dungeons

0.18.02 Studio (8 januari 2017)
* Did more work on the magic powder

0.18.03 Studio (14 januari 2017)
* Started work on new boss: Moldorm
* Plug small memory leak sandsnakes
* Fixed minor found visual issues boss 2

0.18.04 Studio (15 januari 2017)
* Finished new boss: Moldorm (boss)
* Added new enemy: mini-moldorm

0.18.05 Studio (17 januari 2017)
* Fixed collision issue cave of adventure
* The following enemies are now stunned if hit with the boomerang: Human soldiers, Snapdragon
* Made progress fixing screen glitch full screen mode

0.18.06 Studio (18 januari 2017)
* Fixed errors with the map menu
* Made more progress adjusting all mis-alligmnent during full screen mode
* Fixed visuals issues map menu framing while in full screen mode

0.18.07 Studio (19 januari 2017)
* Corrected all found fullscreen mis-allignment
* Fixed boomerang errors when colliding with red soldier's shield (and simular issues)
* Fixed boomerang going through bushes and cutting them multiple times

0.18.08 Studio (20 januari 2017)
* Added option to enable name typing (rather then it being ON by default)
* Edited default control set-up (see the controls on the option screen for the new controls)
* Enter, Space and Escape are now allowed as options for key binding
* Window is centered at start up and screen size changes

0.18.09 Studio (21 januari 2017)
* Gibo core can now be damaged by projectiles (like the sword beam)
* Added 3rd boss to demo (+ mini-moldorm)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #1110 on: January 22, 2017, 06:12:13 pm »
  • .越//
 XD yay new bugs :D

- Name Select Screen Selection is behind the words and background (attachment)
- fullscreen is better, yet not perfect (attachment 18.09vs18.00 )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #1111 on: January 23, 2017, 05:28:44 pm »
Bugfixes just make the game beter and beter so feel free to keep 'm coming.

That fullscreen issue seems to be hardware dependant. I'll do some research to see if any project has had simular issues with GM Studio.

EDIT:
- fullscreen is better, yet not perfect (attachment 18.09vs18.00 )

Turns out I needed to toggle off Studio's "keep aspect ratio" option because it's glitchy in combination with full screen GUI usage. It's fixed on my end now. I'll release a new demo next weekend (which'll give me some time to hopefully finish the magic powder as well).

EDIT2:
- Name Select Screen Selection is behind the words and background (attachment)

Now also fixed this one on my end.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:21:30 pm by Martijn dh »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #1112 on: January 24, 2017, 07:06:56 am »
  • .越//
 XD

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #1113 on: January 24, 2017, 07:59:39 pm »
Thanks. Implementing additional collectables will take a couple of days so I'll put in on the suggestions list (=starting post) for now.

PS: Did you reach the new boss in the new cave? It's not too difficult is it?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:16:47 pm by Martijn dh »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #1114 on: January 24, 2017, 09:52:28 pm »
  • .越//
PS: Did you reach the new boss in the new cave? It's not too difficult is it?

i've got no time to test this week (Late Shift) but the beginning stuff had no game breaking errors till now

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #1115 on: January 25, 2017, 06:30:08 pm »
Sorry, didn't mean to push or rush

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #1116 on: January 25, 2017, 10:32:40 pm »
  • .越//
Sorry, didn't mean to push or rush
no sweat, just answered your question so that you know what to expect the following days

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #1117 on: January 26, 2017, 04:09:26 pm »

i've got no time to test this week (Late Shift) but the beginning stuff had no game breaking errors till now
[/quote]

Same thing for me
« Reply #1118 on: February 05, 2017, 09:24:00 pm »
Just a quick update, because I'm very tired from work and such: I've finally finished adding the new Magic Powder (based on Tony's sprites). XD This includes the various transformation effects for enemies. Players get direct access to the powder when starting a new game.

Progress made:
Code: [Select]
0.18.10 Studio (23 januari 2017)
* Fixed surface issue name selection screen (after changing screen dimensions)
* Fixed full screen GUI issues better

0.18.11 Studio (28 januari 2017)
* Simplified coding behind usage of area welcome text
* Started work integrating the option screen into the item menu

0.18.12 Studio (4 februari 2017)
* Spend time designing new rooms / areas

0.18.13 Studio (5 februari 2017)
* Finished adding new item: magic powder
(including exceptions for: Anti-Faerie, Buzzblob, turning enemies to slime, effects on torches)
* Made powder available for all starting players
* Fixed area text displaying too often on overworld
« Reply #1119 on: March 08, 2017, 09:47:30 am »
To let you guys know: I'm back working on this game again after a short break. (Work related deadlines got me really tired and down so I needed it).

So here's a couple of things regarding new progress:
- I'll not be following the plan decided by the last poll. To prevent burning out on this project I'll be working on whatever I feel like for the coming months instead.
- Just finished adding a new mechanics: magic / unlimited mazes. Think along the lines of the forest maze in a link between worlds.
- Good progress has been made starting up a new dungeon (see the early screenshots in the attachments).
Here's the pitch: You enter a massive mansion belonging to the man that set you out to conquer your various dungeons. The place is filled with statues, paintings, hallways, a central lobby, libraries, a dark prison-like basement and offcourse a luxurious garden. Some rooms have guards, others smple servants. And the master himself must be working on something on the floors above.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 83   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 78 queries.