Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is it just me or everything except zfgc is down???  (Read 887 times)

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
is it just me or everything except zfgc is down?...
« on: January 11, 2007, 04:08:31 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
ok no joke, I'm in the middle of editing my wordpress and bam it says server cannot be found, then I go to my  gmail account and it wont load, then I go to yahoo and it won't load, the same with another community I post at....

ok its got to be my internet cus my friends server isnt loading. wtf???? how come I can still access zfgc but nothing else?
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
Re: is it just me or everything except zfgc is d...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 04:40:01 am »
DNS, DNS servers are very weird like that.

DNS stands for Domain Name Server (or Service, or several other things that start with "s").

Needless to say, that is most likely your issue. :P
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 04:46:09 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
DNS, DNS servers are very weird like that.

DNS stands for Domain Name Server (or Service, or several other things that start with "s").

Needless to say, that is most likely your issue. :P

Domain Name Sex?  :P

Yeah, this has happened to me several times, but with various sites. The only thing you can do is wait or keep trying until it starts working again.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 05:28:47 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
yeah I restarted everything and nothing happened. My internet sucks major, here's the long story shortened =P

So I graduated from High school in May and I was trying to find a college nearby that I could go to for my major (game design) but the closest was DeVry and its nearly an hour away. The thing is I dont have enough $ and neither does my parents for me to get a place and stay there so the only other alternative was online. Well I had dial up at the time and there was no way I was taking my classes over that. So we try SBC to see if they had DSL in our area, no luck. we then tried comcast, earthlink, and a few locals and still no luck. We found one local company though, known as accs. Well its satillite and it doesn't like my router, and I forgot to mention its one forth the speed of sbc's cheapest package. so in other words, its nearly dial up with an accelerator. shortly after signing the two year contract, paying 150 dollars for installation, and 42 dollars a month, SBC makes it available to our area (after wating nearly two years for their slow asses they made it available 2 WEEKS after getting this crappy ISP) grrrrrrrrrrrrr...... so in order to get sbc I have to nearly dish out 300 bucks to cancel the contract with ACCS.

but on a good note, after getting fed up with trying to fix my net, I popped in this cd that came with my College Book (intro to game design) I found a demo for Call of Duty, wow even for it being the first one, its still pretty good, the disc also had the torque engine and links to companies (Id, Epic) and also to Game Maker and some other companies (I even think Clickteam was on it)

but alas my internet is fully functional again.  ;D

oh and like I was saying I got a wordpress http://hbrandinewm.wordpress.com/
its not bad, but I'll probably only use it twice lol
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 44 queries.