Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [possible spoilers]My Halo 3 Review  (Read 1046 times)

[possible spoilers]My Halo 3 Review
« on: September 27, 2007, 12:28:43 pm »
So, I got Halo 3 quite a few hours before the rest of the world. Before it I was at EBGames owning everyone in Slayer matches... wow some people are bad.

Anyway, I got it, and got to my friend's house and linked up our 360s for Co-op on Heroic (we wanted to have fun, Legendary we're saving for 4 player co-op). We finished the campaign in 6 hours, then played another 5 hours of multiplayer. Here's the scoring:

Graphics - 8/10. Not as good as promised. Still very epic at alot of points.

Music - 8/10. The past Halo games had great music that got the heart pumping. Halo 3 had basically none that achieved this, except in cut scenes.

Gameplay - 9/10. Great, same awesome style as the past two Halos. New weapons and stuff... awesome.

Campaign - 8/10. So it starts great, gets... great... but disappointing to hardcore Halo fans... then the final two levels are repetitive boring !@#$%. Second last is all Flood in about 500 rooms that look the same with 100 of the things running at you non-stop. The last is... just... very unoriginal. The ending was good though.

Multiplayer - 9/10. The maps range from medium to HUGE. Not very fun for small games. The game types, matchmaking system and all other features are unmatched though. You can have hours of non-stop fun in Halo multiplayer (one, two or three).

Final Thoughts - Nothing beats the FPS-defining Halo 1. Nothing beats the multiplayer and online abilities of Halo 2. Halo 3 took them both and made a great game.

9/10.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:47:30 pm by MG-Zero »
the a o d c
Re: [possible spoilers]My Halo 3 Review
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 01:19:13 am »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!
Let me amend that the multiplayer in Halo 2 is luck based and unbalanced.  A-thank you.

Speaking of which, I've heard there's a ridiculous amount of weapons in the game.  What was wrong with 8 well balanced weapons?  More weapons never means a better game.  They always end up as novelties rather than something functional.  I've also heard the shields are next to nothing.  Care to elaborate?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 06:15:39 am »
  • Silly cat!
Good review. Sounds like the Twilight Princess for the Halo series. Either way, if you say that the game is disappointing to hardcore Halo fans, then it won't disappoint me at all. Although if your gripe about the music not being so heart-pumping during gameplay is true, then I'll be disappointed. I loved some of the background music in the original two (from what I've played of them, anyway).

Hoffy.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 06:22:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I wasnt impressed with the beta; I'm picking up Halo 3 tonight though when I get off work...

I dunno, I'm not a big halo fan; mainly because I dont see what the hype is about... its not really innovative, or anything really unique to the shooter genre, I mean realistically, what did it have that other shooters of its time didnt have? SoF had destructible limbs on the mobs, but even that didnt make that game a defining game in the genre... The only thing that Halo really had that other shooters didnt have, is really... really long repetitive levels that recycled the same mobs over and over again o.0... Gotta give it one thing though; the health system. THAT is innovation lol...

but eh, I like halo, its just not one of the greater FPS's on my list :P I'm still anxious to play Halo 3 (outside of the beta), mainly because I've seen the ending, and I just clocked Halo 2 again 100% coop...

What kinda achievements does Halo 3 give the users to attempt? :P
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 02:22:58 am »
Let me amend that the multiplayer in Halo 2 is luck based and unbalanced.  A-thank you.

Speaking of which, I've heard there's a ridiculous amount of weapons in the game.  What was wrong with 8 well balanced weapons?  More weapons never means a better game.  They always end up as novelties rather than something functional.  I've also heard the shields are next to nothing.  Care to elaborate?
Say what?

The shields... they are well... it seems whoever gets the first shot gets the first kill because your shields disappear so fast. However the clip is so small you have to reload before you kill. If you start firing too early you're dead.

I wasnt impressed with the beta; I'm picking up Halo 3 tonight though when I get off work...

I dunno, I'm not a big halo fan; mainly because I dont see what the hype is about... its not really innovative, or anything really unique to the shooter genre, I mean realistically, what did it have that other shooters of its time didnt have? SoF had destructible limbs on the mobs, but even that didnt make that game a defining game in the genre... The only thing that Halo really had that other shooters didnt have, is really... really long repetitive levels that recycled the same mobs over and over again o.0... Gotta give it one thing though; the health system. THAT is innovation lol...

but eh, I like halo, its just not one of the greater FPS's on my list :P I'm still anxious to play Halo 3 (outside of the beta), mainly because I've seen the ending, and I just clocked Halo 2 again 100% coop...

What kinda achievements does Halo 3 give the users to attempt? :P
Yea, but people loved it =/.

Achievements... Well I have 36/40something. They were easy to get for the most part. http://www.achieve360points.com/game/halo3/ < List.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 02:26:33 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 03:19:58 am »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!
Ugh.  They have to change so much?  Halo 2 was not-Halo-like enough, now this.  Why do they have to make the sequel so different from the original game?  Hell, Doom II was the same as Doom with new levels, enemies, and a new weapon.  And it was probably one of the best (and hardest O.o) games I've ever played.

I loved Halo 1 for being a great game.  It enthralled and captivated me.  Halo 2 changed everything.  It's stupid to deny that it's a radically different game from the first.  From what I've heard, Halo 3 is even more different.

*Sigh*  Even the Marathon games were fairly similar, yet different in their own ways.  It must be Alex Seropian's fault for leaving right after they made Halo 1.  Jason Jones is a retard.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 03:39:23 am »
  • Wu tang Forever
I donno, from what I've found 3 is closer to one than 2 is. But I'm not a huge Halo guy so it might now be.
I just played Halo 3 from 4 to 11 at my friend's house, so that's all the experience I've had with it.
It seems that it's a lot more balanced than number 2....or at least not a lot of people know exploits yet..

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 05:19:47 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I didnt think 2 was too far from 1 in terms of style or anything o.0... BTW I have 3, its OKAY. It still seems like a rehashed genre with really no innovation outside of graphics to me though lol...

The reason why Halo did so well, is because it brought gaming to non-gamers. It was the first real main-stream shooter that appealed to everyone... which is odd because it really didn't have anything of importance that coulda made its demographic step outside of the gamer boundary lol

But yeah... I picked up 3 earlier today, clocked through act II and everything... To me its just the same ol halo with new 3rd person view weapons *shrugs*... even the graphics arent that great IMO... Some new anti-aliasing and some more polygons slapped onto some rehashed meshes is how it feels to me. Dont get me wrong, it's keeping me captivated, but I feel that its only real strong point is multiplayer, and I personally believe thats the reason the beta was multiplayer only :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 53 queries.