Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I gots my Zelda PH yesterday  (Read 1363 times)

So I gots my Zelda PH yesterday
« on: October 12, 2007, 04:09:37 am »
lol Australian Release Dates.

So I've been playing quite a bit (I even had a day off of Halo 3 for it...) and it's pretty awesome. The only thing is... after playing TP/WW a few times, and seeing the gameplay/complexity (in both story and map design) and coming to PH, it's kind of... childish? Don't get me wrong, I loved Wind Waker, it just seems they've made a cheesy story continuing from a great one.

So, the touch screen owns. But it does add to the "easy" factor. The amount of times I've randomly reached for the D-pad to start moving is amazing. Stupid Minish Cap. But they do use the touch screen and even microphone well.

The music... Again, after playing TP so much... just bleh? They've just remixed the Wind Waker themes and used them... and they sound pretty average. No OST for PH.

Story is average too. Maybe it's just that "Been there done that" feeling of Zelda, maybe it's finally getting to me. Not sure. That first cutscene, and the pirate ship was awesome. I thought maybe I'd get to visit some old people, but instead I get to boring islands.

Graphics? Great for the DS. Cutscenes are actually cutscenes. They did take Wind Waker's cartoony look and it's great.

I'm still into it, it's Zelda for crying out loud, but it just seems to be missing the "it" that made other Zeldas "it."
the a o d c

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
Re: So I gots my Zelda PH yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:32:31 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Congrats and enjoy. I just beat it today. GREAT ENDING!! That is all I will say.  >:D

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 04:44:25 am »
  • Shunner of Light
From what I've played of the game, the story seems a lot more original than TP's, although I think it could have been pulled off better if it was for the Wii.  If TP has a sequel, it better be for a handheld, because I don't want to have more "OMG OOT 2.0" c*** on my Wii.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 04:49:38 am »
From what I've played of the game, the story seems a lot more original than TP's, although I think it could have been pulled off better if it was for the Wii.  If TP has a sequel, it better be for a handheld, because I don't want to have more "OMG OOT 2.0" c*** on my Wii.
I almost wish it had been a 100% OOT 2.0....Almost...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 04:54:29 am »
  • Shunner of Light

Why would you wish that?  It'd be exactly the same game, so there would be no point on wasting money on it.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 04:56:25 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Why would you wish that?  It'd be exactly the same game, so there would be no point on wasting money on it.

That or it'd be what Ura Zelda was supposed to be; 3x longer and more properly designed lol
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 05:01:49 am »

Because, I have always wanted a better OoT.  It was not my first Zelda game but it is my favorite.  I wanted to see it with realistic graphics ever since the teaser video of 2000 or 01 whenever it was of what the Cube could do.  But, it doesn't matter.  It's done. It's over.  It has been released.  It has been beat.  Someday, it will be forgotten.  Wow...That was pretty deep if I say so myself.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 05:16:52 am »
I think rolling is harder than it needs to be, but everything works surprisingly well.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 05:48:58 am »
I think rolling is harder than it needs to be, but everything works surprisingly well.
I had a problem where character kept rolling and getting dizzy. I guess I have shaky hands.
the a o d c

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 05:50:54 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I had a problem where character kept rolling and getting dizzy. I guess I have shaky hands.

No it is just set to where if you roll too much he gets dizzy simply because in later battles being able to roll around constantly would make it too easy. What I love is when you get shocked your map goes all fuzzy for a while. Nice effect. Also another part of the game, but that would be a spoiler.  :P

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 06:41:34 am »
  • Silly cat!
Hey AoDC, want to send it to me :P?

No, I'm just kidding. I'm ashamed I haven't picked it up yet, because well, it's Zelda, and I should be getting into it right away because I'm a Zelda nub. But well, I have exams starting next Wednesday :/... so I have to wait until my exams are over. Ah well.

Hoffy.
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 08:02:33 am »
Hey AoDC, want to send it to me :P?

No, I'm just kidding. I'm ashamed I haven't picked it up yet, because well, it's Zelda, and I should be getting into it right away because I'm a Zelda nub. But well, I have exams starting next Wednesday :/... so I have to wait until my exams are over. Ah well.
My HSC exams are starting on the 19th, I'm still Zelda-ing... =O
the a o d c
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 10:41:47 am »
I think it's a great game with a great story. I'm on the second quest not and still awed by the greatness.

My one complaint is that I heard it was the longest Zelda game. I am already on the second quest in only a week or so. And I usually finish games incredibly slowly. Then again this part of the game I am seems a tad harder.

[SPOLRARS] I CANT BE DONGORONGO. I KNOW HOW TO. HE'S JUST SO HARD. >_< [/SPOLARS]
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 10:43:25 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Its very cool indeed. My only complaint is that the dungeons don't seem in depth enough. Like when you pick up the Big Key, you have to lug it over to the boss door. Meaning that the door and the key are always right near eachother. And there's no compass, and you automatically have the whole map for each floor as soon as you enter it.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 10:53:14 am »
Its very cool indeed. My only complaint is that the dungeons don't seem in depth enough. Like when you pick up the Big Key, you have to lug it over to the boss door. Meaning that the door and the key are always right near eachother. And there's no compass, and you automatically have the whole map for each floor as soon as you enter it.

I would argue the dungeons are very in depth. Just not big enough. Lugging the boss key around is great awesome! They are not always right next to each other. In the dungeon I am on they are 2 floors apart. No compass and map because they were too small! >_<
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 04:37:12 pm »
D: Lucky !@#$%. I has to wait until the 19th for my copy. And it's a preorder, and it's going to be sent to me, but there's a postal strike, so I'm going to get it weeks late DDDDD:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 69 queries.