Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Games for Windows LIVE - Wow Microsoft, you guys are stupid  (Read 637 times)

Games for Windows LIVE - Wow Microsoft, you guys...
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:33:31 am »
Right so, Halo 2 PC came out with Live functionality and exclusive to Vista for god only knows what reason *cough*money*cough*. That was a flop. Same with Shadowrun. It allowed cross platform play (well XB to PC) yet it was still Vista only and sucked.

One cracker cracked both of those games. I was thinking about getting them... and my friend got them instead. I borrowed the discs, and used the cd keys, but AFTER a crack. This meant the CD key was valid, but not activated.

In both H2PC and Shadowrun, I have had 5 people in one game using the same CD key. Great security.

Soooo, Microsoft obviously saw the stupidity (and lack of security) of the system and started using a "Startup" system, where the user must run the game using the startup.exe and the game exe with do all these random checksums. The two games to use this are Gears of War and Viva Pinata.

The same cracker got both of them too. I have tested both VP and GOW and they work with Live enabled.

Now here's the thing that is the WORST part. You'd think, as with any game, the cd key algorithm (or whatever) would be different for each product. Well, it's not. The Halo 2 PC cd key worked in all four games.

So, in short, MS just hasn't got it down, and me and my group of friends are enjoying online multiplayer at their stupid expense.
the a o d c

alirazaq

Re: Games for Windows LIVE - Wow Microsoft, you ...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:41:24 am »
wow microsoft is dumb.
I'm gonna try that

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 05:42:16 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol here I was thinking you were going to say "Some !@#$% exploited the achievements and gave themselves a 1,000,000 gamerscore!" XD

the CDkey thing doesnt bother me <_< Besides, Windows LIVE games tie with your Xbox Live / Windows Live accounts, so if theyre stealing the game, theres going to be uh. more than likely some future issues with their accounts :P...
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 06:02:16 am »
But that's the thing, it isn't tied, there was no activation at all. When you activate it takes in all of your details. When it's cracked it won't bother. Though, you're probably right, it'll bite people in the ass eventually, but not in the near future.

At this point in time, if a game is activated more than 3 times, it won't count, and you have to ring up MS and prove you purchased it legitimately. I've heard that people with this problem beg them and get a new CD key and they get one.
the a o d c
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 44 queries.

anything