Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EA Wikipedia entry edits traced back to EA itself  (Read 892 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
EA Wikipedia entry edits traced back to EA itsel...
« on: August 17, 2007, 12:41:25 am »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25854397&

In addition to updating information like the total number of EA employees, the user's edits also cut out a number of passages that were either critical of the company or referenced unflattering events like company-wide layoffs.

For instance, a passage referencing the EA Spouse scandal and subsequent lawsuit originally read, "Electronic Arts has from time to time been criticized for its employment policy of requiring employees to work extraordinarily long hours--up to 80 hours per week--as a general rule and not just at 'crunch' times leading up to the scheduled releases of products." After the user in question edited it, it said, "Electronic Arts has led the industry in reforming work/life balance issues that are endemic to the software industry." The user also added mention that other publishers have also faced lawsuits over similar issues.

lulz.

uma

Re: EA Wikipedia entry edits traced back to EA i...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:21:44 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
"Electronic Arts has led the industry in reforming work/life balance issues that are endemic to the software industry."

I lol'd.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 01:49:15 am »
Wikipedia isn't a reliable source of information, People should stop using really, I remember reading somewhere that the creator of Wikipedia is not a tool for making homeworks, for the inaccuracy of certain information
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 02:00:05 am »
Wikipedia isn't a reliable source of information, People should stop using really, I remember reading somewhere that the creator of Wikipedia is not a tool for making homeworks, for the inaccuracy of certain information
wait, what
  • Google Profile

uma

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 05:44:47 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.

Wikipedia is a pretty reliable source of information, most of the time.

The Legend of Zelda (ゼルダの伝説, Zeruda no Densetsu?) is a high fantasy video game series produced by Nintendo, and created by the celebrated game designer Shigeru Miyamoto. The gameplay consists of a mixture of action, adventure, puzzle solving, and occasional platforming and racing elements. The series is known for its beautiful and inspiring settings, creative gameplay, interesting characters, stirring original music, and high overall production values. It is widely considered one of the most influential video game franchises ever created, and has earned a spot as one of Nintendo's flagship franchises alongside such notable series as Mario, Metroid, Donkey Kong and Pokémon. As of February 2007, The Legend of Zelda series has 14 official games released which have sold over 47 million units.

Sounds about right.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 05:48:30 am »
  • =/
wait, what
He said that basing your homework off of Wikipedia's information (Or the internet in general imo.) is a bad idea. This has actually happened to me a few times...

And I feel bad for EA... Wikipedia gets thousands of users a day, no one decided to change the information before an EA employee? Edit a page on Stephen Colbert and say something bad about him - it will be changed in a hour while it takes an actual person from EA to change this page?

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 06:50:55 am »
  • Silly cat!

I'd have to disagree. Wikipedia is a great source for information... all facts are sourced, and if they're not then someone will say so. It's more an easy-to-use compilation of the rest of the facts on the internet.

Hoffy.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 07:04:08 am »
Wikipedia is a fine source, this is just a case of the big guys doing the wrong thing. Microsoft were caught doing the same =/.
the a o d c
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 12:31:50 pm »
  • IBV

Of course you can't really use it for anything. But you can use it for something. Wikipedia is meant to be a portal to information, you need to check the sources of Wikipedia just like you would with any other encyclopedia or site or book or whatever. Making homeworks where you use Wikipedia as the only source is not good for the simple reason that it is not good to use ANY source as the only source. If you use Wikipedia, as well as other sources, including those Wikipedia has, you can be pretty sure you have enough sources to make a certain statement. Remember that the sources are there not only so you can prove your point, but so other readers can know where you got it from and read more about it if they think a statement in your text wrong. The reader doesn't want to search for it themselves and try to "guess" where you got a certain piece of information from.
My signature is empty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 57 queries.

anything