Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cascade OS  (Read 1765 times)

Cascade OS
« on: April 12, 2008, 01:00:58 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I don't know why on earth I made this thing, but it took me days to do so. >.> Anyways, its a fake operating system design called Cascade OS.

I think that the design choices I made are pretty decent. The icons are so photorealistic that its as if I went on Google images, found product photoshoots on white backgrounds, cut out the white, and scaled em down. :D
  • Lionfish Apps
Re: Cascade OS
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 01:10:24 am »
Not bad.  Have you ever heard of WindowsBlinds and other similar programs?  I realize you have a Mac, but there are a few good programs for skinning/customizing OS UIs.  Maybe give one a shot.

Also:
The icons are so photorealistic that its as if I went on Google images, found product photoshoots on white backgrounds, cut out the white, and scaled em down. :D
Hmm...I think I see what you did there.  :o
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:14:42 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Oy, I've attempted to use said programs before. And all I was doing that time was a simple recolor of the Mac OS X Aqua theme (Mac OS X Gecko. It was green). It was just too much work. Plus, there are so many UI elements that I didn't need to include in this screen that I would be tied down by the project for months, postponing many a good Wanilla Game.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 05:33:32 pm »
I like it. I like it so much that I'm gonna make it into one of these 'portable OSes' you get. It's like a shell you can put on any computer and log in and it's exactly the same as it was on the other computer, because it's, like, synchronized over the internet. Hard to describe. But it'll be awesome. Nick said I could :D

gm112

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 07:14:55 pm »
This looks like Amiga mixed with Mac OSX. To be honest, I dislike Mac's GUI. I prefer my menus tied under the title bar :P. But still, looks great!

ali

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 08:05:01 pm »
This looks like Amiga mixed with Mac OSX. To be honest, I dislike Mac's GUI. I prefer my menus tied under the title bar :P. But still, looks great!
Yeah really though, I mean I hate the Mac is laid out.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 09:00:28 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I've been using Macs my whole life, so I can't help but be attracted to their style of awesomeness.
  • Lionfish Apps

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 02:19:10 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
My CST class has 6 I Macs of the dome variety and one tower I Mac dubbed the Mac-n-Stein (3 broken macs put into one. I hate them all.

Anyway on topic... I can't see the image  :'( :'( :'( if you can please upload it on Infini's site please.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 51 queries.

anything