Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. KNOCKOUT  (Read 3646 times)

Super Smash Bros. KNOCKOUT
« on: March 23, 2008, 02:48:04 am »
  • WE DON'T CHEAT!
It'll feature some new characters, but don't expect to see many characters beyond the number of them in the first SSB, even if I put that many in. It's going to be hard to handle animation, and some fighting abilities will most likely be left out because of this (grabbing/throwing, charge smash attacks, directional air/ground attacks, etc.).

The thing I'll need the most is a serious sprite artist. With all the possible battle combinations and animations in a good Smash Bros game, this is a must. I know DGS Gaming can do some good sprites, so do you mind helping out, DGS? If any of you guys know any great spriters with lots of time on their hands, tell them to join and jump in on the discussion and see if they can contribute.

I've decided to add team updates as well! Here's where things stand:

Development Team
Crashdance22
kiikasi
Khelder
YKW (Colton)

Graphics Team
(no members yet)

Sound Team
sonicking
kiikasi

I'll update this list whenever a change is made.

Edit: I'm reposting the list of moves I'll be using in the game, including specific moves based on that list for Rayman (for now).

Moves that will be available (for now):
~ Standard Attack (3-step)
~ Smash Attack
~ Upper Smash Attack
~ Lower Smash Attack
~ Shield
~ Jump
~ Double Jump
~ Special Attack
~ Upper Special Attack
~ Lower Special Attack
~ Side Special Attack (Tap+B )
~ Hang (off a ledge)
~ Pull up onto a ledge
~ Taunt
~ Final Smash

Rayman's specific moves:
~ Standard Attack: Hand Jab, Kick, Fist Uppercut
~ Smash Attack: Chest smash
~ Upper Smash Attack: Head Smash
~ Lower Smash Attack: Mid-Air Foot Smash
~ Shield: Hands in front of face
~ Jump: I've got that covered
~ Double Jump: Hair fly (I've got that covered)
~ Special Attack: Rolling Golden Fist (I've got that covered)
~ Upper Special Attack: Lum Swing (I've got that covered)
~ Lower Special Attack: Lum Barrage
~ Side Special Attack: Scarf Whip
~ Hang: I've got that covered
~ Pull up onto a ledge: Scurries up frantically and clumsily
~ Taunt: Silly (I've got that covered)
~ Final Smash: Halo Spiral

And here's more details about Rayman's individual specific moves (I promise, this is the last list):
~ Hand Jab, Kick, Fist Uppercut: Pretty straightforward, each time A is quickly pressed these actions happen. This is similar to the fighting system used for Mario in Super Smash Bros Melee. Rayman's jab will be like Luigi's side smash attack, his kick will be like Sonic's second attack in Sonic Battle, and his uppercut will be like a boxer uppercut.

~ Chest Smash: Rayman will throw his body (mainly his chest) forward, attempting to knock his opponent down but fails most of the time. (Smash Attacks only knock opponents away if they have lots of damage). This animation will be similar to the Supersonic pose in the old Sonic the Hedgehog games.

~ Head Smash: Like Mario's head smash in Smash Bros 1 and Melee. Basically no difference here.

~ Mid-Air Foot Smash: Rayman jumps at an angle and rapidly kick his feet at the opponent until he lands. Very similar to Yoshi's Down+A attack in mid-air, except Rayman will have his feet out in front of him rather than below him.

~ Hand in front of face: Again, pretty obvious. The only difference is that Rayman won't be acting like he's scared or hiding from something, he will have his hands spread out in front of his face facing his opponent while standing still.

~ Lum Barrage: Rayman will stand still rapidly throwing yellow lums at the opponent. I will determine how long this lasts in Game Maker.

~ Scarf Whip: Rayman removes his scarf from his "neck" and whips it like a bull whip. Similar to Mario's cape whip in Melee.

~ Scurries up frantically and clumsily: What the move says, but a couple more details: His feet will be kicking rapidly and he will grab for something to hang on to as he brings himself up.

~ Halo Spiral: This move is very much like Mario's Final Smash in Brawl. Still assuming the Supersonic pose, a huge golden spiraling monsoon of energy wipes everyone off-screen, emerging from the halo on his body.

Here's the current list of beta testers:

Derek
toadythetoad
SmashToPieces
linkfan93
Stevoisiak
kiikasi
Khelder

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:15:18 am by Smashguy164 »
Someone everyone likes.I give people rupees for no reason,too!
Quote from: House Medical Doctor
"If her DNA was off by one percentage point she'd be a dolphin.
Re: Super Smash Bros. KNOCKOUT
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:34:54 pm »
People here are too lazy to click links for information (I know, I think it's retarded also.) So you should remove the link from this post. Also, no one really likes Rayman. Anyway, if you're going to cell these jaded souls on a fan made smash game you'll need screenshots and such. Also you'll need to host everything here because people just want to take your game and don't care about supporting your site. You have no graphics members, so people won't join. And also you have in capitals "GO TO THIS SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION!!!" and "NOT made by me." and both these things say ignore this topic. Also, you need to start small if you've never done a game before and don't have a team. Anyway, hope this helps your next topic actually get a reply.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 01:16:23 am »
  • WE DON'T CHEAT!
People here are too lazy to click links for information (I know, I think it's retarded also.) So you should remove the link from this post. Also, no one really likes Rayman. Anyway, if you're going to cell these jaded souls on a fan made smash game you'll need screenshots and such. Also you'll need to host everything here because people just want to take your game and don't care about supporting your site. You have no graphics members, so people won't join. And also you have in capitals "GO TO THIS SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION!!!" and "NOT made by me." and both these things say ignore this topic. Also, you need to start small if you've never done a game before and don't have a team. Anyway, hope this helps your next topic actually get a reply.

Actually,this is CRASHDANCE22's GAME.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 01:21:25 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
It looks ok, if you had a website or something with more info that'd help, imo, also drop Rayman, put someone in his place as he's not a cool character that would be deserving to be in a smash bros game.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 03:29:59 am »
  • WE DON'T CHEAT!
It looks ok, if you had a website or something with more info that'd help, imo, also drop Rayman, put someone in his place as he's not a cool character that would be deserving to be in a smash bros game.

CrashDance22 has already confirmed Rayman for the game. But I'd drop Rayman for Geno. =P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 64 queries.