Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Golden Compass  (Read 968 times)

The Golden Compass
« on: December 30, 2007, 10:08:57 pm »
I went to the cinema 2 days ago with my brother, my dad, my cousin and two other guys. The guys wanted to watch Saw 4 there, and asked us to watch it together. When we where buying tickets, they said "ehm, that little guy is too small for this movie". I was like "!@#$ you". And of course, my cousin (16 years old) is scared for the movie. And my dad thinks that the movie is too sadistic, so we went to the Golden Compass.

I thought the movie was boring because of the name, but it was pretty cool. It looks very much like Harry Potter together with Narnia. But I like this story more. The special effects and overworld graphics where incredible. And the Daemons are cute XD

Watch it if:
- You like cute animals
- You like historical fantasy
- You like the book
- You may not watch Saw 4 yet

Edit: Oh, I just noticed that I've posted this in Community Speak instead of Entertainment XD
  • Virtual Security
Re: The Golden Compass
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 10:35:59 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Im undecided as to wether i wanna see this as im a huge huge fan of the books, and heard its crap compared to them.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:43:27 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
I saw it with my girlfriend a couple of days ago. It's alright, but for a film of the length it has it introduces too many characters and stuff happening. This leads to all of the characters showing little depth and too many events crammed into one film.

It still looked amazing though, and it still had a nice way of going about it.. so I'm giving this the benefit of the doubt :) I'll probably go and see the sequel as well when it hits the cinema.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 11:04:41 pm »
Its pure garbage. I'm sorry, but the amazing cg dosen't make up for the terribly weak story telling, and shallow characters. Some of the dialog in that film was just so cheesie it actually made me wince a few times.

Don't get me wrong, I love the books (there actually some of my favorite books), but that movie is just terrible.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 11:48:26 pm »
  • b e p i s
It was alright. Acting was iffy in spots, plot pacing was good but feathered a bit towards the end, and the special effects were absolutely incredible. Also, the bear fight! !@#$% YEAH!

Overall, it's nothing amazing, but the religious undertones (which are present in the film, no matter what anyone tells you) make it interesting. I kind of wished I'd waited until it cost $2 to see.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 12:17:09 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
I'm sorry but this movie sucks. It's lame and so is the book. Sorry but thats just my opinion.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 02:05:28 am »
It was alright. Acting was iffy in spots, plot pacing was good but feathered a bit towards the end, and the special effects were absolutely incredible. Also, the bear fight! !@#$% YEAH!

Overall, it's nothing amazing, but the religious undertones (which are present in the film, no matter what anyone tells you) make it interesting. I kind of wished I'd waited until it cost $2 to see.
!@#$% YEAH BEAR FIGHT :D

I'm sorry but this movie sucks. It's lame and so is the book. Sorry but thats just my opinion.
I prefer Saw 4 for you then :P
  • Virtual Security

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 05:28:16 pm »
Related content:

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 05:37:25 pm »
  • *whistle*
Mega-props to Swiftu for reading Shortpacked. Otherwise, this topic fails. Especially the trolling. Even if it's just your opinion, please just say "I don't like it" not "it sucks", unless it really is a vacuum cleaner.
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 08:03:02 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Related content:

XD

Yeah. Funny.
Anyway, I read this book years ago, and I am uninterested in the movie.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:57:26 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Yeah... I wasn't the biggest fan of this flick.  I was rather dissapointed.  First Eragon, now this... Beowulf was pretty cool, but a bit... content-heavy and just a nerd show.

I need my fantasy movies back. ;-;
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 57 queries.

anything