Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dissidia *thumbs down*  (Read 1774 times)

Dissidia *thumbs down*
« on: September 20, 2009, 06:02:18 pm »
I mean... I haven't REALLY gotten into it yet. I've only beaten two of the stories, but I'm really not into it so far. I feel like, in terms of storyline, it's a worse version of Kingdom Hearts. I love Kingdom Hearts and all, but they basically killed all of the Disney stories. Dissidia also has a slew of really cheesey dialogue and not so hot voice acting to accompany it. The battle system is pretty cool. I feel like I'll like it a whole lot more once I completely grasp everything you can do with the summons and abilities and all. I just feel that on a whole, the game missed the mark. Anyone else played this yet?
  • My Photostream
Re: Dissidia *thumbs down*
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 06:16:50 pm »
Played it, disliked it. Seriously theres no real strategy to combat. Just press X until the health reaches zero. *yawn*

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 06:29:30 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I typically enjoy super-fast paced combat that makes you dodge a large number of attacks and stuff, but that's just me lol... As for Dissidia; I haven't played it yet :s Dunno if I'll get to.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 06:51:36 pm »
I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Yeah story's a bit meh, but once you play through Shade Impulse it gets a lot better. I'm on the insanely hard final story now (can't remember what it's called at the moment) and you can't just button mash to win anymore. Once you get around level 50 the game gets so much funner.
  • https://colbydude.com

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 10:36:19 pm »
  • b e p i s
I think it looks kind of dumb...much like every Square game after FFIX unfortunately :(
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 10:43:26 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I actually really enjoyed 12 :o...
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 10:54:19 pm »
Ten is by far my favorite. :P Eleven was fun for a few months and I have a strong distaste for twelve. I'm hoping thirteen is awesome.
  • My Photostream

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 10:58:57 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
O_O 10 was amazing too lol... Some people hate how it's so cinematic, but that's my favorite aspect of it lol...

13 is supposed to be a lot like 12 in terms of gameplay. I pretty much enjoyed 12 because of the battle mechanics being somewhat fresh to me. The story never really interested me though (neither does rehashing Ivalice so much)
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 12:13:50 am »
Ten is by far my favorite. :P Eleven was fun for a few months and I have a strong distaste for twelve. I'm hoping thirteen is awesome.

Agreed heavily. I do kinda miss XI though. It was really fun, but it was just kinda gay how if you got aggro'd the ai would follow you to the end of the earth. XII however was meh for me. I never actually finished it. But once I finish up playing through Metroid Prime 2, I think I'll give it another shot.

Both XIII and XIV have got me really hyped up. I played the Japanese demo for XIII and I really enjoyed the overall look and feel of the game. As for XIV I hope it's everything XI was, minus the gayness.
  • https://colbydude.com

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 07:29:00 am »
I have to say I enjoyed 4. A variety of characters and it had a good story.

I enjoyed Dissidia. But does anyone else get the feeling that leveling up takes way too long?
  • Phoenix Heart

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 02:24:29 pm »
  • b e p i s
X's extreme linearity was a huge turn-off for me. The world felt far less cohesive and alive than in the other FF games, even though they were also linear in nature. I also disliked many of the characters.

XII was just a joke. Square tried for a politically charged storyline and, while they succeeded in that aspect, kind of forgot to create interesting characters.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Hakumei

The Magician
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 04:19:35 pm »
  • "I am a shadow....the true self..
I as well, give it a thumbs down.  I highly anticipated for this games release, but I finally got my hands on it to play it, I went straight for Squall's story, and after beating it, I felt no urge to play it anymore.  It seems as if it's only fun once in awhile I haven't even thought of playing it again after that.

I mean really, what is there to this game?  Dodge, then attack, repeat.  I was expecting a DBZ budokai sorta deal with this game.  If they decide to release another fighter, I want to see Guilty Gear speed and system.
"Jiraiya!"

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 09:18:19 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
X's extreme linearity was a huge turn-off for me. The world felt far less cohesive and alive than in the other FF games, even though they were also linear in nature. I also disliked many of the characters.

O_O I always felt X had the most alive world out of all of them... About the only real aspect they changed was the fact that you couldn't free-roam an overworld map. There's still some sense of exploration though; but not nearly as much as previous installments. There's none of that "Oh !@#$% I walked into an area with level 70 mobs when I'm only level 10" nonsense :P

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 05:54:07 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Am I the only person who stopped right after IX? Yea, no X, XI, or XII for me. I only played Crisis Core and now, Dissidia, which I am sorta enjoying.

I dunno, I started with VII, then I played VIII (huge disappointment, drawing FTL), and then I played IX which was awesome. I tried the other FF (1,2,3,4,5,6) but I was just bored from the start with them...

The story in Dissidia is a joke, and I want to kill the deep voiced guy between every cutscene.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 01:37:45 pm »
I as well, give it a thumbs down.  I highly anticipated for this games release, but I finally got my hands on it to play it, I went straight for Squall's story, and after beating it, I felt no urge to play it anymore.  It seems as if it's only fun once in awhile I haven't even thought of playing it again after that.

I mean really, what is there to this game?  Dodge, then attack, repeat.  I was expecting a DBZ budokai sorta deal with this game.  If they decide to release another fighter, I want to see Guilty Gear speed and system.

I told you, you need to get further in the game for it to get crazier, it starts getting a tab more like DBZ with dodging and !@#$% later on, you need to play a like... lv50 character, you'll see what I mean. Much crazier then.
  • RPG Empire

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 05:35:06 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Also, is it just me or is it REALLY hard to dodge your opponents attacks, and they dodge yours instantly?

I might just suck really bad D:
  • For The Swarm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 66 queries.