Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: World Peace? - Truth or Fantasy?  (Read 12870 times)

Re: World Peace? - Truth or Fantasy?
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2008, 12:24:33 pm »
I've never called being selfish a bad thing. In fact, I don't think bad and good really exist, the world is, always has been, and always will be nothing more than an eternal shade of blank canvas.

Edited to reflect my opinion.

If you ask me, the only way we would be able to attain "world peace" is if we sacrifice our individual freedom. I'm sure most people would agree that it isn't worth that.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2008, 02:52:36 pm »
War is Peace. Read 1984. You'll understand that world peace can be obtained through constant, unending war.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008, 10:41:35 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
War is Peace. Read 1984. You'll understand that world peace can be obtained through constant, unending war.
Care to explain?

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2008, 11:42:44 am »
Care to explain?
Being as he hasn't replied yet I'll say what I got from that post. Basically what I think hes saying is that we're so used to war its our world peace. Or something like that anyway.

Also the way I see war now is that war is just a business. So many people and organisations can make millions from it. Like; Mercenaries, Missionaries, Private Military Contractors, Aid Groups, Builders, Oil Companies (in some cases) and heck even the army (They get paid to fight in them).

So really War is the biggest business of them all...
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2008, 12:46:34 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
War is like Crime, if you didn't have it unemployment rates would rise massively :P
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2008, 06:09:27 pm »
Care to explain?

Sorry, I completely forgot about this post. Anyway, I highly suggest you give 1984 a read. It's my favorite book of all time. Anyway, part of the motto of the Party is "War is Peace." This refers to the constant, never-ending war in the novel. The book at some point goes into extreme (and extremely brilliant) detail about how peace was achieved by said war.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 51 queries.