Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past 2  (Read 6134 times)

The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past 2
« on: November 15, 2010, 07:01:40 pm »

Hey guys! Thought I should post my idea of creating a continuation of ALTTP (A Link To The Past) here and get some feedybackie! I do not want to spoil too much since I've been working hard for many, many years on this now, but this is a small summering of what I have in mind.

So let's start with the Introduction... I tried tossing around with some text from the ALTTP Introduction and tried to combine some of the WW (Wind Waker) Introduction text with it, and I think I've got a pretty solid Introduction for this game. Let's take a look at it.

Introduction

Long ago, there existed a land where a golden power lay hidden.
It was a cursed land blessed with nothing else than rocks and dark mountains.
Many brave warriors aggressively sought to enter the hidden Golden Land to get a hold of this golden power... but none ever returned.
But one day evil power began to flow from the Golden Land.
A man of great evil had found the golden power and taken it for himself...
With its strength at his command, he spread darkness across the prosperous kingdom known as Hyrule, blessed with green forests, tall mountains, and peace .
But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand...
a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he traveled between these two dimensions and sealed the dark one away and gave the land of Hyrule light.
This boy, who traveled through dimensions, was known as the Hero of Past.
The boy's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
But then... a day came when a new breeze began to blow across the kingdom.
The great evil that all thought had been forever sealed by the hero...
once again crept forth from the depths of the earth eager to resume its dark designs.
The people believed that the Hero of Past would again come to save them.
...But the hero did not appear.
Faced by an onslaught of evil, the people could do nothing but appeal to the gods.
In their last hours, as doom drew nigh, they left their future in the hands of fate.
What became of that kingdom? None remained who knew.
The memory of the kingdom vanished, but its legend survived to be told.
In the new Hyrule, it became customary for the annual ceremony, to dress up as the legend.
Clothed in the green of fields, they reflected the legend who cast down evil.
But the elders wished only for the youths to know courage like the hero of legend if evil raised again...

...Yes. I think I like this Introduction. ...Hero of "Past"... I accually like it. It gives me some creepy good feeling about calling Link that. Anyways! Let's move on...

- What do I have in mind for this game in general?

Well...to be honest... Back in the day I went all in with the idea of creating a second version of ALTTP which the story would focus on the empty space of the Triforce. Meaning, I literally wrote a whole story, created an entire worldmap on twelve A3 papers which  took alot of space in my small apartment when in full size on the floor. (Still got them hidden somewhere...) However, then I realized it would be wrong, since the Triforce consists of 3 things...not four. (Though my idea wasn't crappy at all, comming from those who watched my Overworld on the floor, listening to what my idea was back then...)

So my story for this is something else. Darkness still rests in the shadows of Hyrule. (As the legend explains.) Link is no longer "Link" as in, but an entire new boy who wakes up in his house just outside Kakariko Village. He lives in a small part of the forest, and to get to the village, he needs to take a small path that leads to Kakariko Village. Kakariko Village has a large gate like Gerudo Valley in 64, except this gate leads to the Overworld. At the other side of Kakariko Village there is more forest. Inside these woods, Link is kicked down by a mysterious creature called, who laughs and start bully him for the Hero of Past. This creature says that evil will raise high above Hyrule once again and there is nothing Link can do about it... This creature grab its cheek, laughs and says thoughtfully that Link can apply to the three Sages and get their blessing, and with their power defeat evil once more. The conversation continues and the laughter and mockery is the only thing that is heard! Link stands like a question mark.

... I thought about this really hard and I will play along with this story. And please, may I appologize for my bad English? English isn't my native language, sorry! ): Anyways, I hope you understand the concept. Link will use the the Kakariko Well to get to the Overworld since Hyrule King has ordered everyone in Hyrule to be extra careful outside since alot has began to happen recently which isn't suppose to happen. Seeking his way to find the three Sages for their blessing, a new adventure occurs. What happen next you'll have to play, eventually.

So this is the story synopsis I can share with you guys... Sorry if I came out short. Really want to let you experience the great parts.

Now for some features....

There will be a few. Link will be able to fly. (Think...Dragon Roost Island - WW.) Just like the inhabitants there. (Damn birds... I'm jellous. *Singin'* "I believe I can fly...Not!") Anyway. He'll have a new item called "Magic Feather" allowing him to get wings instead of arms, just like those god damn birds in WW.

That's one of many new items there is. This game will use the Ocarina more than ALTTP as well. Songs will be played to travel between continents. Yes, continents. I'm seriosly thinking about creating an overworld one time larger than ALTTP. Yup, for the areas I will create for this game, there will be alot of space required.

That's all I got to share with you right now. For some mockup images please visit; http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=37222.0. (:

Take care guys! And oh, let me know what you guys think! (:

Aeranima

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z21soXmS7nc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z21soXmS7nc</a>
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:38:51 pm by Aeranima »

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past 2
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 07:19:57 pm »
  • b e p i s
Why are you using so much colored text?
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 07:22:50 pm »
Why are you using so much colored text?

Sorry, was it a bad idea? (: Though the post would look better if I used some colors to highlight some names. :) Sorry If I made you run into the wall. ^^
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 09:03:51 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
I can't read some of the coloured text unless I highlight it, like the blue. Using the dark coloured theme, idk what it's called.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:09:58 pm by Cypras »
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 09:10:08 pm »
I can't read some of the coloured text unless I highlight it, like the blue.

Seems it was a bad idea to highlight the text. (: I'll remove the colors. (:

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 10:15:25 pm »
  • Xiphirx
I can't read some of the coloured text unless I highlight it, like the blue. Using the dark coloured theme, idk what it's called.

Midnight theme

The post still has a large chunk in blue, which is hard to read D:
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 10:51:53 pm »
Alright guys! (: No colors! Shouldn't be any problem to read now. (: Let's keep us to the topic. (: What do you think?
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 09:02:03 am »
In ALttP Link was called the Hero of Hyrule. I think only OOT/MM and TWW had different titles like Hero of Time and Hero of Winds. Hero of Past also sounds a bit dorky. Personally I think Hero of Old or the Ancient Hero sound more cool, but that is my preference.

The title of the game sucks. ALttP2? Somehow it calls for little imagination or the expectations of a game where ALttP left off with the same Link.

The story: I can see the parts of ALttP and TWW influence. But it still fits together. Can't say I am getting all gitty, nor can I say that it will be good as it is just the beginning of the story and not the entire deal. But as for intro I have seen a great deal of projects that do a lot worse.

The graphics. One word: Awesome!

Some additional advice: It is nice to center the text of the story to accentuate it, but the rest of the OP is better to have it left aligned as is normal.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 10:57:44 am »
In ALttP Link was called the Hero of Hyrule. I think only OOT/MM and TWW had different titles like Hero of Time and Hero of Winds. Hero of Past also sounds a bit dorky. Personally I think Hero of Old or the Ancient Hero sound more cool, but that is my preference.

I give you credit for your honest opinions. I'll think about renaming the hero. I liked the "Ancient Hero" really much so I'll think I'll rewrite that part in the introduction.

The title of the game sucks. ALttP2? Somehow it calls for little imagination or the expectations of a game where ALttP left off with the same Link.

I'd like to say that this will accually be a second version of ALTTP. I'm heavy influenced by Windwaker for this idea of mine of accually reborn the hero. So in the beginning Link is an ordinary boy in other clothes. After he'll get the blessing from the three Sages he'll accually be reborn as the hero of "Past/Ancient" or what suits the title best. So "ALTTP2" for me is a good title, and I have no plans of changing it. (:

The story: I can see the parts of ALttP and TWW influence. But it still fits together. Can't say I am getting all gitty, nor can I say that it will be good as it is just the beginning of the story and not the entire deal. But as for intro I have seen a great deal of projects that do a lot worse.

Thanks. I wanted to rewrite a few things from WW and mix it with the story of ALTTP. Good to hear I made a decent job.

The graphics. One word: Awesome!

Thanks. Allways nice to hear people liking my designs. You should see what cool tiles I'll make for the game. I promise you guys will become blown away. If not, I've failed my creative skills to satisfy you.

Some additional advice: It is nice to center the text of the story to accentuate it, but the rest of the OP is better to have it left aligned as is normal.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind.

Love to get some more feedback. I'm very curious to know what you all think this could be headed.

A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 56 queries.

anything