Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Screens] Zelda: The Golden Kingdom ORPG Server  (Read 9757 times)

[Screens] Zelda: The Golden Kingdom ORPG Server
« on: December 09, 2017, 04:17:14 pm »
I didnt know what tag to use in this topic because to be honest, it is already playable, but il get to that.

About
Zelda The Golden Kingdom also known as El Reino Dorado was a Spanish ORPG Zelda fangame that had its source code released a couple of years back and a guy who goes by LostSoulFly created some code to automatically translate the game into English on the go using sources such as google translate and bing (Which as you can imagine isnt perfect, but it works well enough).

The game is fully playable and features pretty much all of both Hyrule and Termina to explore as well as 8+ temples, tons of caves and extra areas, 4 races with 2 classes each for a total of 8 classes with their own unique equipment, skills and abilities, rebirthing, mounts, guilds, tamable and trainable pets, like a billion items and more.

I know there is at least one server for this game already by LostSoulFly, the guy who did the translations code, but i was playing around with the idea of opening my own server, which would be unique in a few ways.

Now im posting this to see how much interest there is, if people would like to play this and if it would be worth finding a dedicated host for, so far ive played it quite a bit with a friend of mine and although its quirky and a little too mmo..y to be a standard Zelda game its still pretty fun to play, so i figured why not, if there is enough interest i want to set up a server aswell as a discord server asap for testing. (although it wouldnt be 24/7 in the beginning.)

Unique Server Features
  • 10x Exp for both killing enemies and quests. (To make the game more fluid and less grindy, as it is originally very grindy.)
  • More quests. (Ive already made a couple and would like to keep adding more.)
  • More areas. (Ive started working on what im calling a PVE Arena that will focus on making grinding easier aswell as add a set of unique quests and items rewarded for doing PVE quests.)
  • Removed the hardcoded stat limit. (Stats used to be limited to 255, which was too low and made end / late game equipment and buffs useless because it couldnt go higher.)
  • Lots of bug fixes and minor tweaking. (Ive already fixed and added a few things to make it run better.)

Screenshots
Show content

TL;DR
I want to host my own Z:TGK server with some unique features, and possibly continue working on it, would you be interested in playing it?

Links
Im holding off on links for now because i dont know what im allowed to post here, if i go ahead with this id like to post a discord link and possibly my website.
Re: [Screens] Zelda: The Golden Kingdom ORPG Ser...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:13:49 pm »
Suprised no one has replied yet, so I will gladly be the first peron to say this looks awesome and I would love to play it. A quick question is would it be able to play single player offline?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 11:38:50 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I saw this a while back. I must say a lot of the sprites used are from here and other places. I see a fountain I made back in 2012 in this map: http://trollparty.org/zelda/Screens/Hyrule.jpg
Are you making sure to give credit to everyone who made the sprites, while also asking for permission to use their work? (I don´t really care if you use that fountain tight butthole, I am saying in regards to everyone else)
The project looks good, though I'm not a fan of mixing alttp sprites with Minish cap sprites.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 05:50:38 am »
  • .越//
I saw this a while back. I must say a lot of the sprites used are from here and other places. I see a fountain I made back in 2012 in this map: http://trollparty.org/zelda/Screens/Hyrule.jpg
Are you making sure to give credit to everyone who made the sprites, while also asking for permission to use their work? (I don´t really care if you use that fountain tight butthole, I am saying in regards to everyone else)
The project looks good, though I'm not a fan of mixing alttp sprites with Minish cap sprites.

same here, i just skipped through the files after your post and saw several sprites that i know of, including several of KingMob, BadBill and some of my own without even really trying
and yes, i'm not a fan of mixing sprites either, so i didn't took a second glance apart from the posts that came up on the recent posts list...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 04:30:50 am »
A quick question is would it be able to play single player offline?
The game is open source so nothing is stopping you from setting up a local server and play it single player, remember, i did not make this game its freely available online already.

Are you making sure to give credit to everyone who made the sprites, while also asking for permission to use their work?
Listen, like i said i didnt make this game at all, i would love to give every single person who worked on this credit but i simply dont know who made 99% of this, all i wanted to do is to try and open a server that is a little less grindy and maybe has a little more custom stuff and bugfixes then the original source code that was posted.

Altho, il add this, if anyone made anything here and has any objections or ideas, feel free to post about it here im open to anything, but keep in mind i did not make this like i already said and im not trying to take credit for anyone elses work, i just wanted to find out if there was interest in a (arguably) better server for this game.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 02:10:08 pm »
  • .越//
Altho, il add this, if anyone made anything here and has any objections or ideas, feel free to post about it here im open to anything, but keep in mind i did not make this like i already said and im not trying to take credit for anyone elses work, i just wanted to find out if there was interest in a (arguably) better server for this game.

I can't say anything about better servers, when i tried it out at the time where i posted before it didn't start on win10... the launcher said admin rights and when i changed the ini for "no launcher needet" the program itself shutdown too

for the credits of what i've saw ( i don't look another time, so it will be more sprites than i say):

badassbill's deku tree https://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/thelegendofzeldacustoms/sheet/17326/
KingMob's giant barrels http://www.zfgc.com/users/kingmob/10.png
my Ralph from... 2006 or so (look into spriters-resource there is another, better ralph than mine), my vitrine from vasu's shop and majoras mask chuchu
SpritingBrad's Well (like he said)
the Zora's were from someone here too, just like many other things in those files

and for
Listen, like i said i didnt make this game at all
then there will be problems with bugfixing, if you didn't make it

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 02:42:22 pm »
when i tried it out at the time where i posted before it didn't start on win10
Its made in VB6 so it can be a little bit tricky to get it working for some people on newer versions of windows, which is another thing i want to try and get cleared up, try and make a guide to get it working, all i can say right now is you need to install the Libraries.exe and then if you get an error tell me what it says or if its a problem with a .dll file (which is usually the case, something missing or not having been installed correctly).

then there will be problems with bugfixing, if you didn't make it
Its open source, ive already fixed several bugs, but im not completely familiar with the coding so it takes time, but as long as its open source there are no problem editing the game code.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.377 seconds with 49 queries.