Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby steps.. UPDATE  (Read 1673 times)

Baby steps.. UPDATE
« on: January 23, 2009, 07:04:55 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Hey guys. I recently got FL Studio, so I've been messing around trying to make a little music. This is a really small clip with a probably overly-large file size, but tell me what you think and how I can improve. n_n

http://www.box.net/shared/94z3sxze32

EDIT: Here's the updated version. Didn't have a chance to add those strings yet.

http://www.box.net/shared/tgnyi9t5o0
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:18:56 pm by Moldorma »
  • Lionfish Apps
Re: Baby steps..
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 08:20:22 pm »
First of all... wave file? I don't have FL Studio to say it, but can't you use .ogg or .mp3?

Second: The percussion is too loud. For that theme, you shouldn't use percussion so loud. The piano too, is so loud that I can't hear the flute after it enters. If the flute is the main melody, you should keep it the loudest instrument. Also, you shouldn't enter the percussion before adding a harmony, it doesn't sound much smooth. (suggestion: maybe ensemble strings and a harp could fit, though it's up to you)

Third: The piano melody alone sounds good; the flute melody alone also sounds good, but their melodies together don't match.

Fourth: The speed of the piano is okay, it doesn't matter if it's fast, as long as you diminish the volume. The important is the speed of the main melody (in this case, the flute), which is up to you, though I would use it a little slower.

I hope that helps you improve. Anyway, good luck with trying FL Studio. :)
Re: Baby steps..
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 09:56:32 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Okay, I've been working on this thing all day. I agree I should tone down the drums a bit. The piano is the melody, but I made a less crowded version of the same general key, and have extended its length. The flute I plan to accompany with some strings as well. Also, I need to change the flute later so that it matches with the new melody, because I can hear them started to clash. :\

It's tough to make it all sound nice, but it's also a lot of fun. :D I'll post an update in a while.
  • Lionfish Apps
Re: Baby steps.. UPDATE
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 10:19:19 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Okay, there's the updated version, which I did save as an Mp3, which means you can listen to it in the browser! Yay!
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 10:26:30 pm »
Good, the piano and the flute melodies are matching better now.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 10:35:34 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
:D Sweet. I'm not going to be able to work on this almost at all this weekend, so I'll get back on it late Sunday, likely.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 05:08:32 am »
Do yourself a favour and upgrade from FL express when you can to at least the fruity version, it's not FL without the piano roll :P.
Sounds alright for a first piece, not bad considering you're limited to the step sequencer. The percussion does sound better but I think the piano can be turned down a little now, still a bit loud.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 04:47:17 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Yeah, I realized that I didn't have a Piano Roll as soon as I fired it up. That'll teach me to read the fine print. :P

Thanks for the comments.
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 50 queries.

anything