Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Age of Robotnik  (Read 1988 times)

Age of Robotnik
« on: September 13, 2009, 09:28:21 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
http://www.box.net/shared/6816kc3y1x

Another Sonic song, this time with more of my own personal touch. Comments plx.
  • Lionfish Apps

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Age of Robotnik
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 02:26:24 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I don't really like the samples used much- It sounds too similar to midi, and is reminiscent of doing a piano roll with an imported midi file with some additional touches. I think if it were sped up just a tad, and had some new samples it would sound better.

It sounds to me like you're using the Plucked plugin; might want to try Styrius or some of the other ones they have, since they're higher quality.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 02:52:35 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I'm just using soundfonts and a free soundfont wrapper. Wanna show me some better soundfonts, cuz I'm having a tough time finding good ones. :P
  • Lionfish Apps

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 03:04:19 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Oh; well that explains it :P

Don't use soundfonts if you're exporting to MP3; it's only really useful for exporting to Midi. I would just use Styrus or something along those lines because of the quality. A good example of Styrus is DJ and my Blaster Master remix songs in this board.

Area 3 - DJvenom
Area 4 - Me
Area 7 and 8 - Me
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:48:30 am »
Don't use soundfonts if you're exporting to MP3; it's only really useful for exporting to Midi.
I'd argue very strongly against that :P... it's not a matter of not using them, it's using them properly. And having good quality ones in the first place. I've mainly used soundfonts in a lot of my songs, but it depends on the style. Effects are really important to get right as well, most soundfonts need EQ correction and a slight reverb. A lot of plugins such as styrus have built in effects processors and usually don't require many other effects, except peak controllers, flangers, low/high pass filters etc.
I would just use Styrus or something along those lines because of the quality. A good example of Styrus is DJ and my Blaster Master remix songs in this board.
Then again, depends on the style. And he only owns the fruity edition http://flstudio.image-line.com/documents/features.html so he doesn't have styrus.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 44 queries.

anything