Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS2, Dreamcast games for download on PSN?  (Read 1381 times)

PS2, Dreamcast games for download on PSN?
« on: September 22, 2009, 11:24:29 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
So, I guess a leak from a SEGA/Sony meetup suggests that Sony is planning on selling PS2 games on the Playstation store and that Dreamcast games as well as an import section are also being considered.

Holy !@#$%, that'd be epic. It's like Nintendo's virtual console stuff, except with consoles that were actually good (note, some of the consoles on Virtual Console are good, I'm just generalizing)
  • Lionfish Apps
Re: PS2, Dreamcast games for download on PSN?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 06:17:55 am »
If you would have said PSOne or SEGA Genesis and Master system, I would have been more excited. But the dreamcast and PS2? No not really my favorite systems. I'm of the opinion that the bulk of games have had a serious drop in quality since the 3D era. Maybe, it is because there are so many more games released on those system then there are on the 2D homeconsoles, or because I expected more. But no Dreamcast and PS2 don't really get me excited.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 06:27:49 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm with Niek on this one... I thought the Dreamcast was retarded (IMO it was a sonictard's console... Nothing really worth a peek for me), and while I love most of the PS2 games, I'd rather just play what I have, since a lot of what I like for it probably would never show up on PSN anyway lol
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 06:52:25 am »
Holy !@#$%, that'd be epic. It's like Nintendo's virtual console stuff, except with consoles that were actually good (note, some of the consoles on Virtual Console are good, I'm just generalizing)
Most of the consoles in virtual console were better than both the PS2 and Dreamcast combined besides with the dream cast you'd have a selection of what... 5 games? PS 2 maybe, but still I'd hardly say it's the deal of the century
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:21:21 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Hmm, I like the Dreamcast...  Ikaruga, Crazy Taxi, Soul Caliber, Skies of Arcadia, Guilty Gear X, Soul Reaver (shhhhhhhhhhh), Sonic Adventure, Ecco the Dolphin, Rayman 2 (again, shhhhhhhhhh), Rez, Cosmic Smash, Bangai-O, Chu Chu Rocket, Jet Grind Radio, Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Sword of the Berserk, and... okay yea that's about it.
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 10:25:47 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
If you would have said PSOne or SEGA Genesis and Master system, I would have been more excited.
PS1 is already on the PSN store. <.>

Also, what's with all the DC hatin'? I <3 my dreamcast. :'(
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 12:23:00 pm »
If you would have said PSOne or SEGA Genesis and Master system, I would have been more excited.

Agreed. I really loved the Dreamcast, especially Jet Set Radio. <3 Yeah there's not a whole lot of great games for it, but the ones that is has are fun as hell.

I'm glad they're releasing PS2 games on the PSN as well. People will quit bitchin about not having the backwards compatibility. But I still think they should just make an official PS2 Emulator to run on the PS3 and have it for download. Because knowing Sony, you're not gonna be able to play the games that are for download and you already have a disc of, unless you buy it and download it again.
  • https://colbydude.com

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 12:53:03 pm »
  • b e p i s
Hmm, I like the Dreamcast...  Ikaruga, Crazy Taxi, Soul Caliber, Skies of Arcadia, Guilty Gear X, Soul Reaver (shhhhhhhhhhh), Sonic Adventure, Ecco the Dolphin, Rayman 2 (again, shhhhhhhhhh), Rez, Cosmic Smash, Bangai-O, Chu Chu Rocket, Jet Grind Radio, Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Sword of the Berserk, and... okay yea that's about it.

Throw in Power Stone, and I think that's a damn solid selection.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 03:16:12 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese

Throw in Power Stone, and I think that's a damn solid selection.
I only put in ones I've played, haven't played Power Stone.  Other games I've heard are great for the system are Fur Fighters, D2, Illbleed, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica.  It also had RE2 and 3, but I don't really like the Resident Evil series.
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 04:12:24 pm »
PS1 is already on the PSN store. <.>
I don't have a PS3 nor do I keep track of what is available where. So sorry about it.

I don't really hate the Dreamcast. It had some enjoyable games, some of which have been ported to other consoles. I just don't get happy or exited at the news. The older consoles, like the SEGA Master System, Genesis, NES, SNES and Atari, are better, with better games.
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 08:32:24 pm »
  • :D
Two of my favorite consoles of all time, I'm very happy :)

also, POWERSTONE MOTHAFUCKAZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 56 queries.

anything