Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WOW!! the nintendo ds vs the psp at load speeds!  (Read 2006 times)

gm112

WOW!! the nintendo ds vs the psp at load speeds!
« on: July 07, 2006, 10:03:50 pm »
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/clips/the-psp-vs-ds-race-185097.php

I wonder who will win! AND COUNT THE LOADING TIMES!!
Re: WOW!! the nintendo ds vs the psp at load spe...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 10:22:39 pm »
O.O  Damn, I didn't know the PSP was that slow.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:28:29 pm »
I remember a video showing the load times for a PSP game called either WWE:Wrestlemania or RAW, and it took a lot longer than that just to get started, and then there was over three additional load times that existed before you actually got to fight.  if the game was really good though, I would not mind waiting, but since most of the games I like are Nintendo, I probably will never have to.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 11:53:54 pm »
PSP uses discs...and cartridges are still a helluva lot faster since they dont need to spin around :P
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 02:03:25 am »
  • sorry for messing up the image for an avy torch...
PSP uses discs...and cartridges are still a helluva lot faster since they dont need to spin around :P
plus they don't scratch. as scratched cd like mine get would be about 10x longer heh heh.
I play the game at that speed once, then from then on I wait10x longer... im sticking with my DS!

(2:03:18 AM) ***Shun_Nakamura hands Zero and ldxmzg boxes of marijuana
Ill treasure it forever
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 02:13:42 am »
  • Its the joeshmo!
Sorry to say it folks, but PSP's graphics are better. But still, even regular discs shouldn't take that long to load. I would put massive ammounts of ram into the psp and make the games load to ram.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 02:21:16 am »
Already knew of this...
One time when I was in my cousin's house (he has a PSP), I wanted to make my own Create-a-Wrestler... well, it took me 10 minutes to give up... :S

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 06:59:32 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
You should play GTA on the psp, one minute your going at super top speeds on your bike, next a loading screen then you crash :(
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 07:55:53 am »
Holy SNAP. O_o THAT long? I didn't knew that, I must admit. When I was at my friend's house, I always saw his PSP switched on. Now I know why. XD Btw, what's with that ass-comment under that video?

The slick PSP faces off with the fatty DS in a dash to see which handheld can get up and running faster. The PSP may pack power, but is slow out of the gate. Even with those extra pounds and nerdy outfit, the DS is greased lightin'. Brian Ashcraft
Fatty DS? Nerdy outfit?

Retarded author would fit more. [/fanboyrant]
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 10:22:12 pm »
I think that the load times are the biggest drawback of the PSP. But I guess you just have to decide what you want more: more space or faster load times. Those mini discs can hold 1.8 gb of space and the plastice surrounding them makes them difficult to scratch, because only one small area is ever exposed. I really hope that with time developers will be able to optimize the discs in such a way that load times are decreased.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

gm112

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 10:42:19 pm »
still the DS is farr better than the PSP in my opinion. The psp is too expensive and I perfer nintendo games over sony. (Metriod,mario,zelda,etc...).
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 01:08:33 pm »
still the DS is farr better than the PSP in my opinion. The psp is too expensive and I perfer nintendo games over sony. (Metriod,mario,zelda,etc...).

so you're really just stating that you personally prefer Nintendo when you say "the DS is farr better than the PSP," which is the case with most console/handheld arguments.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

tippz

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 04:23:46 pm »
I think that the load times are the biggest drawback of the PSP. But I guess you just have to decide what you want more: more space or faster load times. Those mini discs can hold 1.8 gb of space and the plastice surrounding them makes them difficult to scratch, because only one small area is ever exposed. I really hope that with time developers will be able to optimize the discs in such a way that load times are decreased.

The little plastic actually makes them scratch easier in my experience. If you just get one little piece of dirt in there you will see what I mean...

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 04:44:33 pm »
How much can a DS-cartridge hold up?
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2006, 06:00:12 pm »
  • IBV
How much can a DS-cartridge hold up?

I think it is up to 1 Gigabit (128 MiB)
My signature is empty.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 06:03:45 pm »
  • b e p i s
Well kids, it's cartridges versus discs...HUGE surprise there >_>
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 06:17:28 pm »
Discs will take quite a bit longer to load, but the PSP also has to have more processing power to render graphics. As where the DS does not.

I still personaly favor the DS over the PSP due to prices, and a failing format. I think there is still a lot of imperfections to their handheld device, as where Nintendo has long profected their handheld devices, over the past 15 years. The DS may have Nintendo 64 style graphics, and a smaller screen, but you must be reminded that the DS's goal is not to be a hand held media device, the DS's goal is to be a handheld console. Which is what its successfuly doing at the moment.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 11:45:08 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
the PSP is neat but the DS is better. So far theres only been a few games on the PSP that have excited me (Final Fantasy Crisis Core, Silent Hill Origins, the Valyrike Profile remake, and GTA 'but they ported it to the PS2 so I've already played it')
But with the ds theres alot more games that look interesting (LoZ: Phantom Hourglass, Secret of Mana 3, Resident Evil Deadly Silence 'I know its a port but I want to see how it feels and plays on the DS', New Super Mario Brothers, Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, Mario Kart DS, and Final Fantasy III 'About time they released it to America ;D')
So overall when I get the chance I'm goin for a DS, the only way i get a PSP is when SH Origins and FF Crisis Core come out then I might think about getting it.  ::)
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 74 queries.

anything