Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past Style Project (Great Deku Tree Finished!)  (Read 243097 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Teh Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the Past
« Reply #440 on: May 01, 2010, 08:44:40 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Thats why I said I may be wrong. I wrote it as a possibility. You interpreted it as a fact. By the way yoshi, how is your deku tree comming along?

No, you are wrong until you cite your sources :P not "may be wrong". Nothing you say could possibly ever be interpreted as fact.

Either way; I could probably find a higher res version of that sprite, or enhance the existing image (which would be less desirable).
« Reply #441 on: May 01, 2010, 09:05:29 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
This is what I got from the wiki. The first image is of the same image above but slightly better quality. Of your image. The second image is another ingame shot.

Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>

Grayfire

« Reply #442 on: May 01, 2010, 11:57:40 am »
Hey, far be it for a n00b to the forums to wade in in a discussion, but I think this quote from wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganon might prove useful here:

For the development of Ocarina of Time, Ganon was conceived by character designer Satoru Takizawa...  Since Ganon was a pig, Takizawa decided that Ganondorf should turn into a pig at the end of the game despite the opinions of other staff members. He decided on making Ganon a beast “with the feeling of a pig” to reference A Link to the Past.

So, I'd say not a pig in Oot then.
For my money, I'd call him a sort of chimera, being no one particular creature, but a mix of a few; the face especially looks to be that of a bat with horns (in the manga, he REALLY looks like a bat with horns IMO,) cloven hooves, and a lizard/dinosaur tail (perhaps leading to the dinolfos comparison/confusion.)

Also, just like to add this is my favorite form of G in any of the tloz games, and would LOVE to see him sprited!

Rock!
« Reply #443 on: May 01, 2010, 03:58:08 pm »
The Deku Tree is beginning to get covered in dust. Definitely going to finish it, but I got frustrated the last time I worked on it and swore it off for awhile.
« Reply #444 on: May 01, 2010, 06:52:06 pm »

This guy is going to be a pain in the ass, methinks. The face was easy as hell, as I think I have completely ripped off the ALttP Ganon as much as I possibly could.

It's meant more as a tribute/nostalgia deal than me being lazy and uncreative.

I want to know what everyone thinks so far and which color scheme you guys like. I'm leaning to the green that I got from that fish guy. 
« Reply #445 on: May 01, 2010, 06:55:32 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Definitely go with the green.
« Reply #446 on: May 01, 2010, 07:09:32 pm »
hard to say really. i like the green as i think it looks more like the OOT ganon, but then again, i also like the tribute/nostalgia thing you have going on with the face, so having him blue compliments that. but maybe have a mix of both?(ALTTP face with OOT skin tone)
like i said, hard to decide. looking AWESOME so far though.

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #447 on: May 01, 2010, 08:06:54 pm »
Meh, I think it looks cool, but a bit on the fat side compared to that "official" ganon art.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #448 on: May 01, 2010, 08:29:49 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
This is probably not the most desirable suggestion, but if I might---

I'd make him about the same size as the Helmasaur King (in general scale, not width/height) :x I say that primarily because Ganon's beast form in OoT was discouragingly massive :P
« Reply #449 on: May 01, 2010, 08:49:31 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Ganon isn't that big.  He's about twice as tall as Link when he's hunched over, thrice as tall when he's standing tall.  Yoshi's current sprite is already three times the height of Link.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #450 on: May 01, 2010, 08:53:25 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Ganon isn't that big.  He's about twice as tall as Link when he's hunched over, thrice as tall when he's standing tall.  Yoshi's current sprite is already three times the height of Link.

What? I remember that you can walk through his legs... meaning his legs are as tall as link... :/
  • For The Swarm

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #451 on: May 01, 2010, 09:08:10 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

The general camera perspective of OoT gives you the impression that he's massive, and even the model is pretty huge. Camera angles is something you lose when going from 3d to 2d, and with that goes the ability to present something as more "epic" than it might actually be. The beauty of 2d is that you can embellish a bit to achieve the same goal. So yes, Ganon is that big :P In comparison to lttp, he's about the same size as the Helmasaur King.

Xiphirx is absolutely correct, and so is this video-

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbcmNoWBedE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbcmNoWBedE</a>

This was Dean Cane. Believe it, or not!
« Reply #452 on: May 01, 2010, 09:50:39 pm »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
I agree with the helmasua king thing. Also, keep the original green. You don't make the Deku Tree a palm tree and King Zora a purple dinosaur. Wait... Who's barney?...
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
« Reply #453 on: May 01, 2010, 09:58:41 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
What? I remember that you can walk through his legs... meaning his legs are as tall as link... :/

You can roll under his legs, not walk under them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbcmNoWBedE

Here's a good size-comparison shot from that video:

You can see here that he's no more than 2–3 times the size of Link.  In terms of accuracy, the sprite is already taller than it should be.  BTW, Helmasaur King is only 8 pixels taller than this Ganon sprite anyway, but if you think it's worth redrawing to exaggerate its size just a little bit more… fuckin… I dunno.  Do it.

« Reply #454 on: May 01, 2010, 10:03:46 pm »

You can see here that he's no more than 2–3 times the size of Link.  In terms of accuracy, the sprite is already taller than it should be.  BTW, Helmasaur King is only 8 pixels taller than this Ganon sprite anyway, but if you think it's worth redrawing to exaggerate its size just a little bit more… fuckin… I dunno.  Do it.

yeah, and dont forget, master yoshis adult link is quite a few pixels bigger than that original ALTTP link so...
« Reply #455 on: May 01, 2010, 10:10:10 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I can't forget, because I've never seen it.  O:
« Reply #456 on: May 01, 2010, 11:32:27 pm »
I can't forget, because I've never seen it.  O:

well, look at it then lol. its on the first page of this thread...i think.
and i wasnt actually directly talking to you, if you know what i mean. i was just reminding everyone.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:47:46 pm by Skeme KOS »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #457 on: May 02, 2010, 04:04:46 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

I should have been more clear about the scale- as Skeme KOS mentioned, it's in relation to adult link, not the standard link sprite. Basically, if Adult Link were to roll under him, he'd get a face full of pig nuts :P
« Reply #458 on: May 02, 2010, 04:43:47 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Right, right, right.  You've convinced me.  I think the legs are all that need to be edited.  He looks like he's crouching really low, so straightening out the legs a bit should solve everything.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #459 on: May 02, 2010, 04:57:21 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Right, right, right.  You've convinced me.  I think the legs are all that need to be edited.  He looks like he's crouching really low, so straightening out the legs a bit should solve everything.

Was it the face full of pig nuts that did it?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 78 queries.