Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The legend of Zelda Advanced  (Read 6590 times)

Revfan9

Re: The legend of Zelda Advanced
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 03:32:28 am »
Quote from: Gonzo
obviously hes made his own graphics, edit or not

Hmm... Whether his graphics were rips from the ROM image or if they were taken from the Adventure Tileset is difficult to tell, but let's take a look, shall we?

MC Overworld stuff...

More.

The trees in the correct Cset.

Hmmmmm......

Quote from: Gonzo
also, make your own zelda game, then talk =)

And many more... But I don't feel like posting anymore links.

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 03:54:31 am »
Ohhhhh... Those are very nice!
  • Likes to Ramble

Takuya

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 06:41:03 am »
http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&sort=rating

MMDWR:DC, Wolfstyle DX, The Hero of Dreams, DFW's First Quest Revamp. It appears you people have no idea how powerful ZC is. For every 5 people that use ZC in the WORST ways and have NO IDEA how to use it (read: newbs) there are 2 or 3 people that use it's features fully. Zelda Classic is quite powerful, boasting a custom ASM-style scripting language, enemy and item editors, and more. It supports True Color, and there are many tilesets available. If you think it's as easy as click click drag drop, then you are sorely mistaken, for even the graphics and tilesets take a knowledgeable end user to create.

Also, there is nothing wrong with a First Quest remake, if you actually create graphics, and change things. Everyone starts out as a n00b sometime, by the way. Oh and for the record, I am a ZC Developer, so if you have any problems with my work and game engine, just feel free to PM me. And for heaven's sake. If you take tiles from someone, don't say they are yours. Give proper credit where it's due. These people work for hours and you say "Hey look at this shot I made." This goes for all of you, not just the guy making the quest. I was a quest n00b too, but just to let you know, Zelda Classic is a very capable engine, and if you don't like it, go play with your GM.
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 09:40:04 am »
pretty cool revfan9 =)
not because of the nice graphics but because of the content in the maps
its one of the things you would miss around here
its the hardest part of game making imo, clever map making :)

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 12:03:20 pm »
what the hell is this? a ZC showcase thread? no.
I go to PZC for the best screenshots of the week and always leave with my eyes bleeding, we don't need those screens spreading here.
its nice an easy to use program so anyone can make a zelda game exists, but god I wish there was a better alternative.

as for the actual topic-
I don't care, zcquest games always feel like the same boring quest, and its never seemed worth the hassle to play the games.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:06:52 pm by .TakaM »

The J-Man

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 04:44:16 pm »
As a developer of ZC, this topic makes me bang my head against the wall. Some people aren't going to like ZC, and that's that. No need to argue about it. If you're gonna try and convince someone (like that'd work anyway) just say your peace and let it be. If they aren't interested, then hey, that's the way they feel about it. You or I may not agree with their assessment, but unless you deliberately want to start a flame war, pursuing the argument isn't gonna do anything.

It also doesn't help that the particular quest this topic is about is, at best, a mediocre graphics heck.

On the other hand, I don't think people here have been giving ZC a fair shake. It's still a work-in-progress, and thre are a lot of problems (mostly because the original code was never meant to be a general-purpose Zelda creator, but simply a Z1 clone), but I think there's some outdated or incorrect information being spread around. If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer them, though I don't know how much longer this topic will last...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 50 queries.

anything