Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHESS?  (Read 3382 times)

CHESS?
« on: July 16, 2013, 04:16:53 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Anyone here play Chess? :huh: If so, anyone here that plays Chess think that chess is a bit over due for another change? :huh: The reason I ask is because in my boredom I've created a new style of chess. , but the problem is i'm not to sure how it would work. If this peeks anyones interest Post and let me know, I'll put up a pic with whats what later.  :)
The First Link, Was A Dark One... The First Zelda, Was Not Royalty... The First Midna, Was Still Torn... And... The Soul Of Ganon, Is Vengeful For A Reason.....
Re: CHESS?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 06:26:07 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Go for it, man!  I used to play Chess a lot back in the day!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 07:31:54 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Alrighty :) here is a basic idea of what I was thinking about. This is pretty much just pieces, placement, and Basic moves, but feel free to let me know  what you think. Oh and if possible would anyone be interested in making this into a game? I would but alas coding is lost on me :( . Anyways here is a preview of a New type of Chess :) Enjoy!

Edit: Updated the pic with a few of the rules, don't know why but i feel like i'm missing a rule or two... Anyways some of you who've played chess a lot might notice I've slightly changed the En Passant rule, I felt it was kinda needed to keep the pawns a little more involved :) . Also I didn't put much of a description on a few older pieces, I figured they were kinda self explaining. If someone finds something too confusing let me know so I can better explain it on the sheet.

Edit 2: Just a quick explanation on the Squire... While a Squire may NOT put a King into CHECK, It MAY put a King into CheckMATE. kinda confusing but it is fair.But a king Still may NOT move to an enemy Squires side.

Edit 3: Updated the sheet with what I believe is all of the regular movements, also added a special move called Guarding (details on the sheet). still kind of feeling like i'm missing something though... oh well, i'm sure i'll remember.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:43:06 pm by Dervilacus »
The First Link, Was A Dark One... The First Zelda, Was Not Royalty... The First Midna, Was Still Torn... And... The Soul Of Ganon, Is Vengeful For A Reason.....
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 04:26:46 am »
If you're interested in starting it up as an actual project, the discussion board is always open for a thread!

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 04:46:40 am »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
tight butthole i wasn't sure where this should go, that's why it ended up here. And thinking about having it made into a coded game kind came to me last minute, my original intent was to just make it into a regular board game. But i think I might put it up in discussion Thnx MG :)

Edit: Actually do you think you could move this there for me? Or would it make more sense to just start a new thread?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:49:54 am by Dervilacus »
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 02:40:23 pm »
done!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 03:03:04 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I think the AI for this is going to be interesting...so interesting I might have to try it out.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 08:52:59 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Just updated the sheet and also wanted to say Thanks to MG for moving this for me  :) and Starforsaken I think it would be Awesome if you made this XD. I've wanted to try this as an actual game for a bit now, but i just haven't gotten around to making a playable board yet, that and it's kinda hard to find someone to play Chess let alone a more complicated version of it
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:54:52 pm by Dervilacus »
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 03:26:47 pm »
and Starforsaken I think it would be Awesome if you made this

I don't think that's what she meant LOL!  I'm sure if you develop this into a full-blown concrete idea though, you can find some help from someone here!

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 07:42:01 am »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
 :) I know she didn't mean make it into a game, but if she gets the base AI made for at least the new pieces it would be nice see. But then again any progress with this is good news to me whether it be digital or wooden  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 57 queries.