Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC Style Development  (Read 82207 times)

Re: ZFGC-Style-2010
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2010, 05:39:41 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Okay. Btw, how did you contact .TakaM? I thought he was inactive.
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2010, 05:40:58 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay. Btw, how did you contact .TakaM? I thought he was inactive.

I talk to him daily outside of ZFGC
Re: ZFGC Style Development
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2010, 05:42:03 am »
Okay so Mammy said he contacted .TakaM who said that he wanted it to origionaly be in this topic. Followed by Mammy advising me to repost the other topic here to respark this topic. So here it is.:

This is for refining the ZFGC style that is completly custom. However, please remember that credit for this style goes to ZFGC as a whole and is ment to be used by the community of ZFGC. If you submit something and it reaches CG 1, it is then belonging to ZFGC. If it is in CG 2, 3, 4, or not on the list, then credit goes to its creator. Before you offor a sprite, please purpose it first.

This is the current mockup that shows an example of the style.

And this is the style's color pallet.

Okay, this is the development requirment list that FrozenFire purposed.

THE 4 "COMPLETION GRADE" LEVELS:

• [CG 1] Completed Sprites/Tiles:
    These would be the sprites/tiles that have been decided to be completed; matching the ZFGC Style. There needs to be some kind of order on how it is decided if sprites meet the standards (also, what are the standards?).

• [CG 2] WIP Sprites/Tiles
    These would be graphics that match the ZFGC Style (or extremely close), but may need a few minor adjustments, more frames for an animation, more content, slight perspective changes, etc.

• [CG 3] Concept Sprites/Tiles
    These would be more of just "drawn ideas" that are made by people that have a cool idea, or maybe they just can't quite get the ZFGC Style right. Someone else with more skill could take one of these sprites and revise it and get it to match the ZFGC Style.

Why this is a good idea: This way, pretty much everyone can pitch in. You don't have to be a killer spriter like DJvenom to contribute.

• [CG 4] Sprite/Tile Pending List
    If a spriter doesn't see a CG 3 or 2 that they want to try to get up to the next CG level, they could check this section for sprites that haven't been started yet, to see if there's something they would like to try to sprite in ZFGC Style. Basically, this would be a list of sprites/tiles that have been decided should be sprited, but haven't been started on yet. No graphics here, just names and possibly descriptions if need be (if the name doesn't identify what it is).

Why this is a good idea: This way, the graphics that are being sprited aren't as random. There is a list of sprites that people have decided they think should be done in ZFGC Style. As to how people choose what goes on the list or not, I'm not sure. As always, there has to be some kind of leader (or small group of leaders) to make a final decision.

Here is what we have upto this point.

CG 1

CG 2

CG 3

CG 4

• Goron Link
  • Zora Link

This section is for Hylian Link development.

Adult:

Young:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:08:44 am by Random »
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2010, 05:46:14 am »
Ah, now that would make sence... Could you ask him if he cn give you or someone leadership over the project?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2010, 05:59:17 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay so Mammy said he contacted .TakaM who said to repost the other topic here to spark it. So here it is.:

*pictures and other content removed from quote due to extensiveness*:P

Actually what I said was that .TakaM said "I made him in charge of the zfgc topic" in regards to BrokenArrow, not that he said to post it here. I said it'd be best to repost in here and spark up some more interest instead of having a new thread :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:04:09 am by FrozenFire »
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2010, 06:02:01 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I just want to make sure it is known that I will be helping out with this eventually, but my game is taking high priority atm. I have a hope that this project will some day get far enough along to replace the MC Graphics on the GM Minish Cap Engine (the CP). Obviously there would be minor boundary issues and things to modify, but I think it would be worth it.

The ridiculous goal I have in mind is to make this become part of a custom Zelda engine that has the basic mechanics of MC but with a fresh graphical look. People could use it as a template for their Zelda games and it'd be awesome. I know, I know. A guy can dream, right? Anyway, I'm crazy enough to try to help make this become a reality, that is, if everyone thinks it's a good idea.

In summary, I WANTZ THIZ!
GM Minish Cap Engine >>> Combine into AWESOME <<< ZFGC Zelda Style
DO YOU?

Well, I'm thinking deeply on the matter just the same. ;)
  • My Music
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2010, 06:13:12 am »
Okay I edited in accordance to what you said.
I just want to make sure it is known that I will be helping out with this eventually, but my game is taking high priority atm. I have a hope that this project will some day get far enough along to replace the MC Graphics on the GM Minish Cap Engine (the CP). Obviously there would be minor boundary issues and things to modify, but I think it would be worth it.

The ridiculous goal I have in mind is to make this become part of a custom Zelda engine that has the basic mechanics of MC but with a fresh graphical look. People could use it as a template for their Zelda games and it'd be awesome. I know, I know. A guy can dream, right? Anyway, I'm crazy enough to try to help make this become a reality, that is, if everyone thinks it's a good idea.

In summary, I WANTZ THIZ!
GM Minish Cap Engine >>> Combine into AWESOME <<< ZFGC Zelda Style
DO YOU?

Well, I'm thinking deeply on the matter just the same. ;)
Now here is a guy with enthusiasim! If everyone had as much faith in this project as you do, this will be one of the few succesful fan-custom-styles! I never even thought of using the ZFGC engine to make CPKoT! It would work. Especialy since we already have Ganondorf and the Good King as they appear in there. Maybe we should fuse this project with that project? Maybe someone should make a poll wether that when CPKoT comes back that if it should be influenced by ZFGC style or just MC.
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2010, 06:16:36 am »
I believe that he only meant fusing it with the GM MC engine that's being developed. Let's not talk about King of Thieves just yet, that would be getting way ahead of ourselves.
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2010, 06:24:00 am »
I believe that he only meant fusing it with the GM MC engine that's being developed. Let's not talk about King of Thieves just yet, that would be getting way ahead of ourselves.
I agree that it is getting ahead of ourselves. However, what I ment was that wasn't CPKoT on hold becuase they had to make an engine for MC first? And then they are working on the engine. And he said we should fuse this style with that engine, so I'm just drawing a possibility here.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2010, 06:26:08 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
KoT is canceled due to lack of interest. Nobody was working on it for long periods of time, and it was too disorganized person to person to complete.
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2010, 06:42:16 am »
In that case, lets try to make this style so we can eventualy use it on KoT.
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2010, 06:55:01 am »
After KoT even came Link's Awakening MC. But that was stopped because the work could not be viewed in the engine ad people were more interested in making statue figures instead of animating. I won't be working on this however.
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2010, 07:15:16 am »
Okay so Mammy, FrozenFire, and I are workin on this style atm. Niek and .TakaM are not working on it. The rest have either been working on it and said nothing as of yet or has not been confirmed. We have to make an organised list of who does what and about what needs to be done. We also need a person to lead this project and possibly submit this so it can become a Community project or fuse it with the MC Engine project. I nominate Mammy to be the leader. Before I get out of hand here, what do you guys purpose?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2010, 07:16:17 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay so Mammy, FrozenFire, and I are workin on this style atm.

????????????

When did I ever agree to work on this style?
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2010, 07:26:08 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Nabeshin is right, the thought of KoT hadn't even crossed my mind. The current CP is the GM Minish Cap Engine (which I also plan on helping out with that as soon as I get back into GML a bit more).

I do think that the GM Minish Cap Engine is more important than the ZFGC style though. I mean, what's the point in having great graphics if they won't be used in-game? You need an engine first. So it'd be great to be able to focus on finishing all of the basics and a few advanced scripts for the CP before getting really deep into this. The next logical step after completing the basics for the CP would be to begin making ZFGC-Styled sprites to replace the MC ones (then could extend from there to remake OoT, MM, etc, or completely new custom sprites). By this time, Zelda fan game developers would have lots of resources to help them.. and THEN, maybe a person could start thinking about continuing KoT with the ZFGC-Styled graphics.

Honestly though, I haven't really even read much on KoT to even know if I'd want to try to continue it, and, like Mammy said, I think it's pretty dead.

Okay so Mammy, FrozenFire, and I are workin on this style atm.

????????????

When did I ever agree to work on this style?

ROFL! 6,6
  • My Music
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2010, 07:28:00 am »
Okay so FrozenFire and I are working on this style atm. Niek, Mammy, and .TakaM are not working on it. The rest have either been working on it and said nothing as of yet or has not been confirmed. I don't know who to nominate to be the leader.
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2010, 07:32:44 am »
Okay so FrozenFire and I are working on this style atm. Niek, Mammy, and .TakaM are not working on it. The rest have either been working on it and said nothing as of yet or has not been confirmed. I don't know who to nominate to be the leader.

Don't worry about it.  I'm sure if people actually posted sprites instead of talking about sprites, the site staff will probably pick someone they feel can handle the "job".

Instead of saying,"Hey, let's bring this back!", how about you contribute by posting your own renditions of ZFGC style.  Trying to get people to be active in this topic without posting content yourself tells me you really really like the style, but do not want to put forth the effort to make your own sprites, like you want others to do the hard work.
Not saying that is what you are trying to do, but the saying goes:Less talk; more work.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2010, 07:40:24 am »
I agree with FrozenFire. In my opinoin, this is the order things should get going.

MC Engine -> MC Customs -> ZFGC Style -> King of Theives -> MC-OoT Style -> MC-MM Style -> MC-WW Style -> MC-TP Style? -> ALttP Engine -> ALttP Customs -> ALttP-OoT Style -> ALttP-MM Style -> ALttP-WW Style -> ALttP-TP Style? -> Same with OoX

Okay, I am not trying to be all talk but no walk, but we have to find were we are at first.
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2010, 07:45:32 am »
I agree with FrozenFire. In my opinoin, this is the order things should get going.

MC Engine -> MC Customs -> ZFGC Style -> King of Theives -> MC-OoT Style -> MC-MM Style -> MC-WW Style -> MC-TP Style? -> ALttP Engine -> ALttP Customs -> ALttP-OoT Style -> ALttP-MM Style -> ALttP-WW Style -> ALttP-TP Style? -> Same with OoX

Okay, I am not trying to be all talk but no walk, but we have to find were we are at first.

What the hell are to talking about?

MC Engine and ZFGC Style are two totally separate projects.
One does not take priority over the other.  ZFGC Style was not meant to be in the MC Engine.  In fact, it was started way before the MC-Engine.  ZFGC Style was meant to be a means of showing off ZFGC and it's skilled spriters at the time.  It was supposed give members something new and fresh to use in their fan games.  People moved on, however, including the main supporter, .Takam.

I don't even understand where you came up with all these >>>cccc>>>>>xxxxxxx>>>>xxx crap.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2010, 07:46:27 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Don't nominate a leader. For one I don't think you're in the position to do so (<_< can't just charge in and act like ya run it :P). Instead of focusing on that, do what TFS stated- just work on it and contribute.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 74 queries.