Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: To all Californians...vote NO on prop 8!  (Read 34070 times)

Re: To all Californians...vote NO on prop 8!
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2008, 09:46:00 am »
Wow they are still making problems of gay marriage? Can't they just grow up and let 2 man or 2 women just marry if they want to? If that makes them happy why trying to take away that privilege?

Many people dont think it's as simple as that, H_B.
Mostly because they are religious zealots. Who say things like "No because the bible says this and this". therefore it's wrong! Because the bible is always right. >_>
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2008, 09:47:37 am »
  • Fight the Power
Mostly because they are religious zealots. Who say things like "No because the bible says this and this". therefore it's wrong! Because the bible is always right. >_>

You're a bit close-minded.  :-\

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2008, 09:50:41 am »

No people that are against gay marriage are close minded.
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2008, 10:00:18 am »

No people that are against gay marriage are close minded.

No, H_B, have you even read most of the topic? Just because somebody's Christian doesnt mean they pledge their life and soul to the book.

Most of the previous posts give the reasons why people are against homosexuals marrying, and it's a lot more than just "the Bible says so".

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2008, 11:24:18 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
H_B, just get out of every topic that requires a single brain cell please.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2008, 04:15:13 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2008, 04:31:43 pm »
I'm surprised to see that you managed to write a normal sentence instead of the Starfox crap.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2008, 04:36:19 pm »
  • b e p i s
I'm surprised to see that you managed to write a normal sentence instead of the Starfox crap.

I'm surprised you're even trying to debate such a difficult and divisive issue, seeing as how you can't even make a cohesive argument as to why a particular video game is good or bad.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2008, 04:47:48 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Ok guys, cut the crap here. That means HB, stop posting, or else I'm going to start removing your posts and anything that quotes them. Get back on topic people.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Press Z or R twice to save this thread from destruction!

Also Zealotism has nothing to do with people thinking this is right or wrong.

Look at me; I'm a Christian; but I'm not ill-informed as to what "marriage" is. Marriage is a Hebraism for having sex. Biblically, it means to !@#$%. Laying your skirt over someone (bedsheet). Has nothing to do with the civil ceremony.

So why is not wanting a civil ceremony "zealotism"? I think you're a dipshit for thinking that. Has nothing to do with the other. Many people have their own opinions and views on this that have absolutely nothing to do with religion.
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2008, 05:10:08 pm »
I'm not against anything, we all think different and I understand that.
If they are homosexual(or however you want to call it) and they love each other, I don't see why they should be bother with a stupid law like this.
My opinion about marriage:I'm pretty sure that signing a paper won't increase or decrease the love you have/feel for the other person...
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2008, 07:25:50 pm »
  • Fight the Power
I'm pretty sure that signing a paper won't increase or decrease the love you have/feel for the other person...

You didn't get the point. They just want to be like any other couple.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2008, 07:33:34 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
I'm not against anything, we all think different and I understand that.
If they are homosexual(or however you want to call it) and they love each other, I don't see why they should be bother with a stupid law like this.
My opinion about marriage:I'm pretty sure that signing a paper won't increase or decrease the love you have/feel for the other person...
Quoted for mother-!@#$% truth! High-five!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2008, 07:39:54 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm pretty sure that signing a paper won't increase or decrease the love you have/feel for the other person...

And that goes back to MY point; they live a lifestyle that is not accepted by people as a whole, and thats something they have to accept right now. A piece of paper will not make people see them any differently then they do now. It just doesn't work that way.

Wanting to be accepted is one thing; but having the delusion of grandeur that everyone will accept them once its legal is absurd. They don't care about legally getting married at all. They can still do what they're doing either way.
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2008, 07:45:30 pm »
  • Fight the Power

And that goes back to MY point; they live a lifestyle that is not accepted by people as a whole, and thats something they have to accept right now. A piece of paper will not make people see them any differently then they do now. It just doesn't work that way.

Wanting to be accepted is one thing; but having the delusion of grandeur that everyone will accept them once its legal is absurd. They don't care about legally getting married at all. They can still do what they're doing either way.

That's exactly what I've been ranting about.

« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2008, 08:00:22 pm »
It's not just "a piece of paper".

Being married or having a civil partnership means that you are allowed to invest in things together. It means that you become next of kin to your partner. It means that if your partner dies, you at least inherit some of what they left behind. It means that there is less chance of a homosexual being driven out of his home by his dead partner's family, even though he's lived there a long time.

All the reasons why most people who aren't religious actually do get married, because of all the legalities of it.
Homosexuals dont want to be married just so they can be like everyone else.

If marriage was just about religion, then I would say "who cares" but it's not just religious.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2008, 08:01:44 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah but you can also use your will to assign assets to your partner when you die; it's easy peasy.

It's all just a contract. That piece of paper is just a few contracts in one. :P
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2008, 08:04:30 pm »
A marriage, by definition, bestows rights and obligations on the married parties, and sometimes on relatives as well, being the sole mechanism for the creation of affinal ties (in-laws). These may include:

giving a husband/wife or his/her family control over a spouse’s sexual services, labor, and property.
giving a husband/wife responsibility for a spouse’s debts.
giving a husband/wife visitation rights when his/her spouse is incarcerated or hospitalized.
giving a husband/wife control over his/her spouse’s affairs when the spouse is incapacitated.
establishing the second legal guardian of a parent’s child.
establishing a joint fund of property for the benefit of children.
establishing a relationship between the families of the spouses.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2008, 08:15:49 pm »
  • :3
Boys and their big egos ::)
What the hell are you on about? Egos aren't even relevant. If someone said all your posts were nothing but arsey !@#$% you'd be offended, oh wait I forgot you have no ego or feelings whatsoever.

What in hell?

GIRLS AND THEIR WORTHLESS POSTS 8)

lol, owned.

Regardless, I think, as has been said before, allowing gay marriage is not only an outright bastardization of the sanctity of marriage- a sacred, holy, religious ritual, (applies to all religions, so you're basically offending the vast majority of the population) but it is also pointless when we have reached the fair compromise of civil partnership. !@#$% minority groups, whatever we do, they'll never be satisfied...

OLO I ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH CERTAIN PEOPLE THIS GIVES ME SPECIAL TREATMENT

Come on, marriage shouldn't even have anything to do with gay people, since most of the ones out of the closet aren't even religious anyway.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2008, 08:21:46 pm »
What the hell are you on about? Egos aren't even relevant. If someone said all your posts were nothing but arsey !@#$% you'd be offended, oh wait I forgot you have no ego or feelings whatsoever.

What in hell?

GIRLS AND THEIR WORTHLESS POSTS 8)

lol, owned.

gtfo my post, silly kyubi! :P

Regardless, I think, as has been said before, allowing gay marriage is not only an outright bastardization of the sanctity of marriage- a sacred, holy, religious ritual, (applies to all religions, so you're basically offending the vast majority of the population) but it is also pointless when we have reached the fair compromise of civil partnership. !@#$% minority groups, whatever we do, they'll never be satisfied...

OLO I ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH CERTAIN PEOPLE THIS GIVES ME SPECIAL TREATMENT

Come on, marriage shouldn't even have anything to do with gay people, since most of the ones out of the closet aren't even religious anyway.

You are mistaken.
In the UK we call it Civil Partnership. In the USA I think they just call it marriage. (as civil partnership and marriage are basically the same thing, just CP is minus the religious aspect) It's not like the homosexuals in California already have CP and now want marriage. Without marriage they wont have anything to legally bind themselves to their partners.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 72 queries.