Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: About Mods!  (Read 40060 times)

Gilgamesh

Re: About Mods!
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2006, 11:51:33 am »
It's very difficult to say who or who wasn't a good mod at ZFGC-X. It's not like you had to deal with a lot of problems.
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2006, 04:47:18 pm »
You and Fox were good mods, you just weren't super active. :P
Hah! I was the most active mod of the entire board. Im sure of that. Drewdelz was away for some time, Fox also has slower internet so hes not on that often, Alex joined in the last few days, and Lunar...well. I guess Lunar was the one most active after me.
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2006, 06:23:53 pm »
KLEAVER FTW.
FOX FTW.
LIMEY FTW.
Discuss.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2006, 09:05:22 pm »
This whole topic is kind of filled with useless stuff. The admins should just pick some of the older members, who are mature, never had problems, don't have an attitude, have some respect, and know what they are doing, and not people who just want recognition.

Why dose everybody want to be a mod so bad. like 90% of the people who posted here that wanted it, only care about the respect they might get, or seniority, or "special" privlages over other people. I want to see mature members get it. Who don't care about the title.

Some people I would have in mind...

Hero of fire.
2awesome4apossum.
Neo.
Dayjo.
Alex.
Gilgamesh.

I feel like I am forgettign somebody important right now. But six mods is a lot never the less. Not all of these people are closs to me, a couple I don't even associate with. So I'm not suggesting my "friends" or who I htink is cool.
Theese people are all mature enough to handle it. They are old enough, and they have experiance. They illustrate the type of person I was talking about above. The type that isn't just out to get a title as staff and be recognized.

We don't need "no-!@#$%" stuck up 13-14 year old mods either. Who edit peoples posts and banter on about how "if I ever see this crap again your done". No offense to you lunar. But I think that whole thing is a power trip. Self proclaiming yourself as the king of zfgc (in the past) and going around tearing apart peoples posts in front of everybody else. editing it or deleteing it and then pming them works just fine. So it takes a few extra minutes. That is part of the job. On another note. Being a mod is not a popularity vote. Winning a poll where the community choses their favorite dose not automaticly make somebody grade A mod material.

Personaly, I would prefere it to be invisible mods like on GA. But never the less. This is my opinion. I know some mods were already chosen, or maybe all have been chosen. I just wanted to throw this out there.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 09:46:11 pm by skull kid »
We may be human. But we're still animals.

bran371

« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2006, 09:31:14 pm »
Actually, skull kid, Lunar is 14. Not that it really matters...
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2006, 09:45:26 pm »
Actually, skull kid, Lunar is 14. Not that it really matters...
Haha. It actually took longer then I thought it would for somebody to point that out. I didnt relise tell after I wrote it though.

Anyways. You are another one that should be on that list too... I respect you and think you also would be a good candidate. Not that it really matters though, since you already are :P Again.. Not that I really know you terribly well. I havent socialized with people privately that much since early IF days. But I know your a good person for the job.

And just for the record. Its not like I got anything against you at all lunar. Sometimes I think you are a prety cool guy. But I have opinions, and I don't really have a problem with saying them. Maybe you might take offense to some of my "accusations" but I'm just telling it like it is. At least through my eyes.

Limey

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2006, 10:01:11 pm »
Skully, you'd make a pretty good mod! n__n
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2006, 10:25:58 pm »
Thanks. It might sound modest. But its not at all. I would make a horible mod. I'm no where even close to being active enough. I only really ever check a few topics in community speak, and graphics sections, and post now and then. Mods have to be on this forum like flies on !@#$%, and constantly monitering all topics, and all forums at all times. You have to be commited to the job, and be willing to give up free time to make sure you check up on the place, and make sure you make free timee to make it to staff meetings. I havent been extremly active for at least a year, maybe a year and a half.

I could think of 30 people off the top of my head easily who are better for the job. But then the list could go on and on filled with just people who are active and continuasly check all forums. But with all of that aside. Would I want to be? No, its just another responsability I have to live up to and I already got to much crap to deal with in real life right now to be that much time on a zelda forum moderating peoples posts. Its really not as great as people make it out to be. Once you have it, you relise it isnt so special.

Youve probably never seen the ugly side of me either though. Sometimes I'm a complete A**hole. Namely when it comes to people like lunar, scooternew, regulas, etc. Sometimes when things people do !@#$% me off. I cant help but "bash" them. Even though I preach about what mods should be like, and how they should PM people. That is just another reason why it owuld never work.

Limey

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2006, 10:28:35 pm »
Thanks. It might sound modest. But its not at all. I would make a horible mod. I'm no where even close to being active enough. I only really ever check a few topics in community speak, and graphics sections, and post now and then. Mods have to be on this forum like flies on !@#$%, and constantly monitering all topics, and all forums at all times. You have to be commited to the job, and be willing to give up free time to make sure you check up on the place, and make sure you make free timee to make it to staff meetings. I havent been extremly active for at least a year, maybe a year and a half.

I could think of 30 people off the top of my head easily who are better for the job. But then the list could go on and on filled with just people who are active and continuasly check all forums. But with all of that aside. Would I want to be? No, its just another responsability I have to live up to and I already got to much crap to deal with in real life right now to be that much time on a zelda forum moderating peoples posts. Its really not as great as people make it out to be. Once you have it, you relise it isnt so special.

Youve probably never seen the ugly side of me either though. Sometimes I'm a complete A**hole. Namely when it comes to people like lunar, scooternew, regulas, etc. Sometimes when things people do !@#$% me off. I cant help but "bash" them. Even though I preach about what mods should be like, and how they should PM people. That is just another reason why it owuld never work.

Yeah I guess you're right about activity.  We DO have a really active mod NOW though, Bran is pretty active! n__n (Though I think I still have the most posts on the forum :D)

bran371

« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2006, 10:34:22 pm »
He's right on many levels. Being a mod isn't so great, it's just another responsibilty in the pot of life... you'll realize soon enough that it actually does have a little bit of the stressy feeling former moderators talked about... and I have to make sure to not turn into a "holier-than-thou" type of mod. Like those people that let their "power" get to their heads. <_<

And also, although it's not so much of an issue, never ask to be a mod. Alex and I never did....

Busternaut

« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2006, 11:50:08 pm »
I'm sorry Drewdelz...after some thought i decided that Drewdelz=awesome
but i still think Lunar != cool

btw i seriously beleive that i'd be a good mod. Because seriously have any of you been to a forum where i have actual power on it? I'm really good and i keep people in line and when i become a mod i seriously stop spamming also.

bran371

« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2006, 12:19:38 am »
If you want to be a mod than stop asking and start acting like you'd make a good mod. -_-

Busternaut

« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2006, 12:22:47 am »
i wasn't i was just saying that if you were to mod another person i'd be the best choice
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2006, 12:57:57 am »
I'm sorry Drewdelz...after some thought i decided that Drewdelz=awesome
but i still think Lunar != cool

btw i seriously beleive that i'd be a good mod. Because seriously have any of you been to a forum where i have actual power on it? I'm really good and i keep people in line and when i become a mod i seriously stop spamming also.
Lunar's Awesome, don't diss the Lunar.
And if you'll stop spamming when you become a mod, why not just not spam!
Hey, wonder where I thought of that!  It's such a GENIUS idea!
i wasn't i was just saying that if you were to mod another person i'd be the best choice
No, you wouldn't, not even CLOSE to the best.
Discuss.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

Busternaut

« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2006, 01:05:01 am »
Yeah i would...you don't even know me
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2006, 01:08:09 am »
Yes I do, your RegulusImpact, and I strongly dislike you.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

Busternaut

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2006, 01:10:57 am »
well who the hell are you?
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2006, 01:16:08 am »
Someone cooler than you, also known as..
halotank
Discuss.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

bran371

« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2006, 01:18:22 am »
Regulus, no one cares how you act on other forums, it's how you act on this forum that matters, and the way you act here is obviously not what Drewdelz is looking for.

And both of you, stop arguing :/
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2006, 01:23:08 am »
I is sorry bran.
*hugs*
Are we still dating?

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 78 queries.