Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixfest 2007 in Boston  (Read 772 times)

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between
Mixfest 2007 in Boston
« on: September 30, 2007, 04:39:11 pm »
  • ...Is it recording?
For those who don't live in this area, Mixfest is a concert run by a local radio station. There were some awesome artists that played here - three opening ones and two major ones. Anyway, I just wanted to review the concert, because I'm bored. I can tell you right off, though, that I left the concert with a very raspy voice from all the screaming. Heck, my mom didn't even get her voice killed as much as I killed mine xD

Blue October - This band was, in my opinion, the best out of the first three performers. I remember hearing one of their songs on my uncle's MySpace, but I don't remember the name of the song. They have an excellent drummer, excellent guitar players... They even have a violin player which sounded great when all of the other instruments were quieted down.

Colbie Caillat - One of the top listened-to artists on MySpace. The only female performer the whole night, and she was great. I absolutely loved her singing voice, and her accompanying band did an excellent job holding the entire performance together.

Mat Kearney - My first time hearing this artist. He was good, however I didn't quite like his music as much as the others. Another thing, he was louder than the others, especially the vocal.

And then for the performers that everyone went to see:

Daughtry - F*cking AWESOME! If you were here, you would agree with me: They sound a lot better live than they do on their album, which is great by itself. They had to play "What I Want" without Slash on guitar, of course, but they still were probably the best band to play last night.

Matchbox Twenty - I've seen these guys live in the past, at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH. They did just as well this time as they did when I saw them five years ago. This was their first show in a long time, since they split up so Rob Thomas could do his solo record. One thing I noticed, though - and Rob pointed it out as well - their drummer now plays guitar, and they have a new drummer. I think that the ex-drummer does a great job playing guitar. They did a great job playing, and I hope I get to see them live yet again sometime.

Yeah, so every artist rocked out. Some better than others, but so what? If you had gone, it would've been well worth it.

Now for a question similar to those I always add in at the end of most topics: Did anyone else happen to go to this?
06/29/2014 - forever and always <3
Re: Mixfest 2007 in Boston
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 09:48:03 am »
No offense, but Daughtry is so generic it hurts.

But there are much worse bands around.

To me, that line-up isn't all that appealing. Though I don't have a problem with anyone enjoying that kind of music.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 09:49:28 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I like Matchbox 20, lol thats about it though for that, but I'm all for listening to live bands regardless of who they are; its just fun lol its all about the experience
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 04:16:36 pm »
No offense, but Daughtry is so generic it hurts.

But there are much worse bands around.

To me, that line-up isn't all that appealing. Though I don't have a problem with anyone enjoying that kind of music.
That about sums it up for me too.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 46 queries.

anything