Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In doubt between 3 RPGs  (Read 1849 times)

In doubt between 3 RPGs
« on: September 30, 2007, 09:36:58 pm »
I'm almost done with Final Fantasy VII I bought 2 months ago. I'm finishing it tomorrow.
The problem is, I noticed I'm out of RPGs in home to complete (Kingdom Hearts excluded), something that usually doesn't happen, however I'm out of money to buy Final Fantasy VIII or X-2 or XII.
So, I felt like finishing one RPG from the SNES, the thing is: I'm in doubt between Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI, the RPGs I feel like playing.
Hmm, so, can you tell me which of the three I pointed should I go with? Your thoughts and comments. :P

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: In doubt between 3 RPGs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 10:59:53 pm »
  • b e p i s
My experience with V is somewhat limited, but gameplay-wise it's a very fun game. The story left me wanting, personally. Dascu is always singing its praises though.

Of VI and CT, I'd say CT is the most worthy choice, but the decision is so close that you'll be fine regardless. Both are superb examples of the 16-bit RPG era, and will entertain you with great stories and gameplay.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 11:22:25 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I say, play CT since its shorter (or at least, as short as you want it to be). After you've played the heck outta CT, play FFVI. Play FFV afterwards, I'd say. :P Then again, I didn't really get too in to FFV. (BTW, for FFV, play the GBA one. The translation is alot nicer than the SNES fan one or the PSX one).

P.S. If you can tolerate longer loading times for menus, play the PSX CT.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 11:27:17 pm by Garoth Moulinoski »

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 12:17:54 am »
6 is better than 5 in my opinion.

Chrono Trigger blows them both away though.

• Yiddish Nebbish
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 12:33:35 am »
I think FF6 is the best. It has a fantastic story, which made me play the whole game 3 times :P. The gameplay is very good; there are lots of equipment, extra dungeons, rare items; plus the relics system and the magicites. The only thing you might not like in it the difficulty - it's very easy.

I didn't play the others fully; I stopped in the middle of them. Chrono Trigger has the best gameplay; there is an interesting time-travelling system and the story is also very good, but not as good as FF6 and FF5. FF5's gameplay is better than FF6's, and it's much harder, but FF5 has a too short range of characters (5 characters in FF5 and 14 in FF6), so its story isn't as good as FF6's.

uma

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 01:28:52 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Stopping in the middle of Chrono Trigger is like stopping in the middle of sex!! How could you!? :huh:
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 01:30:12 am »
If you are TRULY in doubt, download the roms of each and play them for like 5 minutes and see which one grabs you the most in that short of time.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Busternaut

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 01:32:04 am »
I'm almost done with Final Fantasy VII I bought 2 months ago. I'm finishing it tomorrow.
The problem is, I noticed I'm out of RPGs in home to complete (Kingdom Hearts excluded), something that usually doesn't happen, however I'm out of money to buy Final Fantasy VIII or X-2 or XII.
So, I felt like finishing one RPG from the SNES, the thing is: I'm in doubt between Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI, the RPGs I feel like playing.
Hmm, so, can you tell me which of the three I pointed should I go with? Your thoughts and comments. :P
Chrono Trigger you can NEVER go wrong with CT.
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 01:53:34 am »
Stopping in the middle of Chrono Trigger is like stopping in the middle of sex!! How could you!? :huh:
Because I stupidly saved the only slot I had saved right before a battle I couldn't win - I don't remember very well, but I think I had low HP, no items, and a badly chosen team, so I virtually couldn't win. I didn't want to restart the whole game again, so I stoped playing it. But what makes me more stupid than that is having deleted the ROM XD (EDIT: and the save file). But yeah, I don't have as much time for gaming as I used to, so now I'd rather buy a new Wii game such as SSBB rather than playing CT again...

And FF5 I stopped because I lost interest in it.
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 02:19:52 am »
  • :D
Why don't you buy FFIX?  Otherwise, I suggest VI.

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 02:49:16 am »
  • b e p i s

FFIX is a far superior game, but I was just limiting my answer to his choices.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 02:52:40 am »
Although I've played them all, I've never finished any of them(and due to some problems with my *computer*, I only have a possible chance at FF5 Advance >.>), so I'm not sure I could make a fair judgejment.  FF6 definetly had a good story, but for some reason I just didn't like the fighting style of the game, while it was sort of the other way around in FF5.  Chrono Trigger has both, though, IMO, perfectly done, so I'd go with that.  All that somewhat annoys me about that game is that the art for the characters look similar to DBZ, and that's not really a "fault".
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 01:17:13 pm »
No money, saving up for a new racquet. xP That's why I'm going with roms for now...
I already tried the three, but for not long enough to decide between them.
I think I'll go with Chrono Trigger for now.
Thanks guys.
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 02:08:54 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
No money, saving up for a new racquet. xP That's why I'm going with roms for now...
I already tried the three, but for not long enough to decide between them.
I think I'll go with Chrono Trigger for now.
Thanks guys.

You can't go wrong with Chrono Trigger ;)

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 04:56:20 pm »
Just a side bar: Definitely don't waste your money of X-2. :] And if you're looking for riveting storylines, you can forget about XII, too.
  • My Photostream
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 05:06:39 pm »
Just a side bar: Definitely don't waste your money of X-2. :] And if you're looking for riveting storylines, you can forget about XII, too.
I'm not sure on how X-2 is, but, I thought, "I loved X, so I may like this.", also, Yuna's model was improoved. 8D But I still don't know how it is, I may check some reviews later or some in-game movies.
About XII, meh, I know it's different, and battles without turns makes it horrible, but I've been checking and feel like playing it. I won't like it as much as VII (finished 10 minutes ago xD) and X, but I still think it's worth a try.

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 05:29:02 pm »
  • b e p i s
I'm not sure on how X-2 is, but, I thought, "I loved X, so I may like this.", also, Yuna's model was improoved. 8D But I still don't know how it is, I may check some reviews later or some in-game movies.
About XII, meh, I know it's different, and battles without turns makes it horrible, but I've been checking and feel like playing it. I won't like it as much as VII (finished 10 minutes ago xD) and X, but I still think it's worth a try.

X-2 is not that great. The battle system is hella awesome but the writing and story really are just a joke. XII is okay, but it failed to keep me interested. The political story is a nice change of pace from the rest of the series though, and gives the game a unique vibe.

Dascu

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 06:08:40 pm »
Chrono Trigger, then FFV and then FFVI.

Don't play FFVI before FFV. FFVI has a better story and better graphics, but FFV has the better gameplay. If you play FFVI before FFV, you'll be a bit spoiled on the presentation compared to FFV.

Chrono Trigger is better than both and arguably the best RPG ever, so play that first.
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 06:13:38 pm »
Meh, go digging around for maybe Chrono Cross...Even though I played CT before CC, I beat CC before CT...I did not ruin the story for me.  I enjoyed CC's battle system better than CT's.  CT felt like a modified FF system.  I enjoyed the double and triple techs,but it was very easy for me to beat.  CC was more difficult.  I loved the elements.  There were several boss fights that I had to literally try over 50 times nefore I could beat it.  Also, you can run from bosses in CC to regather your team to try again.  CC also had a huge playable characters list,albeit many operated the same.  Find CT and CC,both PS1 versions.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 76 queries.

anything