Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Relica: The Rising  (Read 2234 times)

[WIP] Relica: The Rising
« on: May 17, 2008, 03:09:30 pm »
Relica: The Rising

GM Version: GM7
File Size: 6.0 MB
Full Screen: No
Screen Resolution: Default

CONTROLS
Escape - Menu
Enter - Select Option
Space - Shoot Fireball
Q - Decrease Health
W - Increase Health

PLEASE REPORT ALL BUGS/ERRORS/GLITCHES/SUGGESTIONS

DOWNLOADS - DO NOT RUN GAME FROM WITHIN ARCHIVE
6.0 MB ZIP Archive - Right Click & Save Target As...

SCREENSHOTS
Hi-Res:
In-Game 1
In-Game 2
In-Game 3
Paused
Low-Res:
In-Game 1
In-Game 2
In-Game 3
Paused

***BASIC STORY LINE***

The Coalition of Military Special Operations (CMSO) was formed in December of 2078 with the intention of uniting the World's military to prevent an all-out Nuclear Disaster.  CMSO remained intact with upmost efficiency in preventing world-wide disaster for nearly 20 years.  However, in June of 2097, an unidentified substance was left in the CMSO President's Office.  Dr. J. Dovenfall was put in charge of identifying this substance immeadiately.  He could conclude nothing.  Six days later, Dovenfall's facility was placed under quarantine after a sudden outbreak of biological warfare, believed to be caused by the anarchist party, ASSAULT.  During the quarantine, Dr. Dovenfall re-examined the substance and found it had altered in form.  It's speed of change steadily continued to increase and Dovenfall worried that he would not be able to find a cure and make contact with any officials outside of his facility in time to save anybody.  The organsim quickly became a world-wide concern.  The CMSO issued an investigation on the whereabouts of the ASSAULT group.  Meanwhile, Horace Swanson, the leader of an ASSAULT Tribe was more than ready to prove that the organisms were not from ASSAULT.  He banded together with a few select Tribesmen to investigate the real cause of the outbreaks, but remains cautious as not to get caught by the CMSO and the Creatures he soon encounters that have been affected by the organism.

SUGGESTIONS
none

CONFIRMED BUGS/ERRORS
none

NEXT VERSION FEATURES
TBA
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:52:35 pm by FWGaming »
Re: [WIP] Relica: The Rising
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 04:03:59 pm »
  • Minalien
Sounds interesting, FWG, It's nice to see a promising project going down on ZFGC again.

My only real problem with those screenshots is the fact that they're saved as bitmaps <.<;
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 12:56:58 am »
I will convert them to JPEGs or PNGs...  Sorry it was a long night at work and my brain just wasn't thinking...
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 01:10:43 am »
  • Minalien
Well, it's looking good :P

What are you developing it with?
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 11:34:26 am »
I will be using GameMaker...  This is a side project that i started 3 years ago but decided to restart it with a fresh look.  I am learning a few other languages right now and wanted to use GameMaker for a game to keep my mind busy in the mean time.  Don't go sctrictly by the screenshots as they are only plreliminary.  I just have to have screenshots to post this or I won't get any feed back.
Re: [WIP] Relica: The Rising - A Political RPG
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 04:05:28 pm »
  • Minalien
Well, it seems like an interesting project, based on the storyline. Got anything else to offer, such as information about gameplay?

Keep in mind that if you want interest in your project, you need to focus on informing the users about the gameplay, as that's going to be the main selling point of your game. Your game can have the best story in the world, but if you've got bad gameplay... bye :(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:25:12 pm by Mina Lien »

• Development Blog
Re: [WIP] Relica: The Rising - A Political RPG
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 01:57:31 am »
I added some info.  I was quick about it as I am leaving to work right now.  If you have any further questions, feel free to ask and I will freely answer :D
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 10:55:34 pm »
After nearly a year, we have an update XD

The project was dropped and was recently picked back up and reprogrammed from the ground up using a new 3D system.  The system is designed to make it appear 2D until certain Camera Effects are used...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 53 queries.

anything