Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: Two Swords  (Read 7205 times)

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: Two Swords
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 03:03:16 am »
  • With a Capital G
Who knows, maybe never. I haven't worked on it for over a year because I got burnt out with it and everyone wants online play which at this stage would mean completely redesigning the game.

darklink99

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 09:07:50 pm »
How about you finish up the game and just don't do online... Or just finish up the game send it to the public and then make an online version. That way everyone who wants no online won't have it and the ones that do want it will.

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 07:09:17 am »
  • With a Capital G
Well, I appreciate someone caring for an offline version of the game. I've started a new game project (not a fan-game), but once there's some reasonable progress on that, I'll take a shot at adding another level and the hidden characters to Two Swords.

Also I'm not totally against making the source code public, but you've gotta trust me when I say it's damned complex; just read some of the production notes in the included text file.

This is not to try and draw attention to myself, but I really could use all the encouragement I can get because I'm dealing with personal issues that often make my time feel wasted. I set out to make a fun game and set an example for this place so I'd like a better sense that people will enjoy it.

darklink99

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 12:21:36 am »
You need help?   8) http://www.64.vg/z64/index.php?sid=  Ask around... There are a lot of people who know how to make a game... Have you ever heard of all that beta findings in ocarina of time? That was this place! They could show you how to take a game apart and put it back together in a hour! If you ever need anything just ask around there.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 04:11:55 am »
I figure, if you don't want to make it online, don't make it online.  :)

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 06:10:15 am »
  • With a Capital G
That's the spirit. :P

I've added corner-cutting to make movement a little bit smoother, but as far as major updates, it may still be a while. I'll post more once I'm back in the game-making groove.

darklink99

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2007, 08:31:03 pm »
If I were you I would not try to do online... ALL OF THE ZELDA ONLINE GAMES SO FAR HAVE EITHER HAD SERVER TROUBLE OR NINTENDO HAS FORCED THEM TO STOP! Copyright infringment. That is what Nintendo calls it. Expert programmers have tryed and failed to make their games online. That and I have some friends that want to  play me at this and it is hard to do that on a beta game... (Not to author) If you right click the game and go to compatibility and check run game in 640 x 480 resolution the game goes to fullscreen!!!!!! Or goodnight can make a option in the game for fullscreen XD? And I hope your game is good... I will put a good word in for you at the fourm I normally go to.

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2007, 10:41:44 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Thanks for the support.. and you know what, there IS a fullscreen toggle programmed into the game but for some reason I took it out of the demo... and I have no idea why. Maybe just a mistake. :P

Tile ripping and level design took a LONG time for this demo, that's the main reason I'm hesitant to work on the other levels. One of these days I'll get going on it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 51 queries.