Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions Boxart  (Read 2097 times)

Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions Boxart
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:47:44 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I made a new boxart for MGS: VR Missions, just because. I had to make my own 3D stage for Snake and Grey Fox, seeing as I couldn't find a suitable one.

• Lionfish Apps
Re: Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions Boxart
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 04:02:42 am »
Comparing it to the original:

It's somewhat direct, but it does the job. If you're looking for some continuity, you should replace the ESRB logo with an older one. I noticed you forgot that little box that says NTSC below the Playstation logo. Good job anyway. I'm not good with actual criticism, so I'll just leave it at that.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 05:43:36 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I changed it to the modern ESRB icon because I was actually using it for the case of my actual MGS:VR box and I like the new logos better. I didn't put the NTSC thing in because... I forgot..?
  • Lionfish Apps

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 12:25:55 am »
I'm not sure a screenshot makes for good boxart, and around Snake's food is a strange outline.

Did you come up with the typography yourself? It's alright, but a bit one-word-ish.

Otherwise this is okay. Print it and put it in an actual game-case. I like this satisfactory sight when I do something like that, so you should give it a try.

I changed it to the modern ESRB icon because I was actually using it for the case of my actual MGS:VR box and I like the new logos better. I didn't put the NTSC thing in because... I forgot..?
Then don't be lazy and go put it in, kid.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 02:02:29 am »
I'm not sure a screenshot makes for good boxart, and around Snake's food is a strange outline.

Did you come up with the typography yourself? It's alright, but a bit one-word-ish.

Otherwise this is okay. Print it and put it in an actual game-case. I like this satisfactory sight when I do something like that, so you should give it a try.

(im his brother so i'll answer questions for him k?)

It's not a screenshot actually. He found a model of Snake and a model of Gray Fox and put them next to each other in Photoshop. Then in Blender he made the background and put it in. So it's kind of like... a custom made screenshot. The real game has nowhere near that good of graphics. It's a PS1 game so :P

As for the typography, it's the font used in Metal Gear Solid 4.

He did print it and he did put in the actual game case. He actually made two other covers for his copy of the game before this one. The first one just had official artwork of Gray Fox and was quite similar to the real game's box. Same goes for the second one if I recall. Each of these were at one time printed and put in the box.

Oh yeah, and you can start calling me Moldorma now.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 02:04:41 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
lolwut, get out of my topics. :P

Anyways, Chris speaks the truth, so... I guess that explains that stuff. And yeah, I have it in my game case and I like the way that it looks (you can't see the outlines around Snake's feet when it's printed out and scaled down like that either).
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 04:32:45 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
But the case still looks like a screenshot, Games shouldn't have a screenshot as their cover, they should have them on the back to show gameplay, and have the main character's art on the front along with a fitting background setting, such as in Super Mario Galaxy, it has Mario in space, it kinda looks like a screenshot, but it isn't, and atrracts attention.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 06:22:01 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Well, technically my boxart does have the main characters' art in a fitting background setting. The whole game takes place in those VR chambers.
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 51 queries.

anything