Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3DS apparently plagued with Black Screens of Death  (Read 1242 times)

3DS apparently plagued with Black Screens of Dea...
« on: April 01, 2011, 08:38:59 am »
http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/28/3ds-black-screen-of-death-error-reports-creep-in/

3DS “black screen of death” error reports creep in

Reports from multiple users suggest the 3DS is suffering from a recurring crash issue, across multiple titles.

Posts on NeoGaf, AVForums, and DigitalSpy are reporting instances of the freshly-christened “black screen of death” error requiring a hard reset of the system.

Super Monkey Ball, Street Fighter IV 3D, Pilotwings, Ghost Recon, Lego Star Wars, and Mii applications have all been mentioned in connection to the error.

Some users have found the issue is resolved by the reset suggested on-screen, while others have reformatted their SD cards to FAT-32 format and eliminated the problem.

Others have had less luck resolving ongoing crashes, and have resorted to returning the console to the retailer for replacement.

We’ve reached out to Nintendo for official comment and more information.

A new console/handheld with problems, oh what fun.

Though it does look a little like the screen that happened with flashcart users and the DSi.

Good to know Nintendo is on the ball with errors..

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: 3DS apparently plagued with Black Screens of...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 11:58:29 am »
HAHAHA thank goodness I haven't got one yet
  • Phoenix Heart

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 09:50:28 pm »
Hey, we already got a topic on that: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=38237.0

OH
NEVER MIND.

Anyway, I'm quite surprised that this problems seems so "common" in comparison to whatever errors previous Nintendo-consoles returned. I read about it on TinyCartridge, too. You might be right with your guess about DSi- and flashcarts, FISSURE. But apparently, this seems to affect normal 3DS-games as well.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 10:23:10 pm »
Hey, we already got a topic on that: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=38237.0

OH
NEVER MIND.

Anyway, I'm quite surprised that this problems seems so "common" in comparison to whatever errors previous Nintendo-consoles returned. I read about it on TinyCartridge, too. You might be right with your guess about DSi- and flashcarts, FISSURE. But apparently, this seems to affect normal 3DS-games as well.

According to one report, i think people are saying it has to do with wifi connectivity or something. According to Nintendo it's happening to people who haven't downloaded the recent update.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 43 queries.

anything