Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Request] Zelda GB Gibdo example  (Read 2198 times)

[Request] Zelda GB Gibdo example
« on: August 16, 2011, 04:34:07 pm »
Well, I guess the title of the topic already gives a good idea of my current problem.

As I'm currently in the phase where I create all of the enemies except for bosses and sub-bosses I've managed to create a nice amount of enemies so far. Unfortunately I have to admit that I have no idea how to create the gibdo.

The moving around is not a problem, but I have no idea how to make it grab / release the object link ( for a set time or to release after a number of key presses ) Does anyone have an example of this function that I can study?

D-Pad

A.K.A. Gyrowolf
Re: [Request] Zelda GB Gibdo example
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:00:28 am »
Old topic, I know but this seems pretty simple in my head, and I may make an example for practice...

• On collision with (or when the object comes within a certain distance) Link object (oPlayer), stop oPlayer from moving.
  • When the player mashes a key, subtract a bit off of the release timer. This way, when the player mashes keys like crazy, the timer will deplete faster.
  • Then, when the release timer is finished, stop the sap health timer, and release oPlayer.
  • Start two timers, one to sap health (like a quarter heart every 60 steps or so) and the other to release oPlayer.

You may want to disable the gibdo object from performing the event right away again, or make oPlayer invincible for a little while.
Re: [Request] Zelda GB Gibdo example
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 04:32:06 pm »
Already managed to create the Gibdo some time ago, but thanks for trying to help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 44 queries.

anything