Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I did it once and I'll never do it again!  (Read 1041 times)

Mirby

Drifter
I did it once and I'll never do it again!
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:48:44 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
So I got this idea from another forum I'm on... I'll quote the OP from that topic; it describes it better than I ever could.
Quote from: Jax Mandrake
I just want to share, and I also want to know if you've got moments like this.

You probably are familiar with the feeling: you've been playing the same game for a few days in a row, and there's this one thing you've been trying to do. Each time you fail, you get that little bit more frustrated, and at the same time you get that little bit more determined to conquer the frustration. At last, you complete your goal, and you say to yourself, "I did it! And damn me if I ever even try that again!"
Mine would be some of the esper fights in FF12, particularly Ultima. I still haven't fought Zodiark, Hell Wyrm, or Yiazmat (or some of the other elite marks) but Ultima was friggin' tricky. Once I beat her, I let out a massive sigh of relief. ^.^

Also, CHEFBOT-9000 from Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?

Anyone else?

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Re: I did it once and I'll never do it again!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:53:04 am »
What's worse is when you try hard at a boss or a game for hours then take a break and come back and beat that part in one try easily.
I always do the -__________- face when that happens. Or the D:< face.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 04:56:01 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Yeah, I hate that too...

But are there any specific examples of things you've done in a game that you've vowed to never do again?

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 05:41:49 am »
Yeah:
Never try to get all golds again on all licenses on any Gran Turismo game...pretty damn hard.
Never take 2 different characters on an MMO to the max level(looking at you Wrath of the Lick King.)

Pretty much my worse experiences after teh fact.  GT 3 actually cost me more than purchase price since I broke a controller because I literally came within 1/100 of a second of the final gold on a license and I tried 76 times(I started to count after an hour so more than that.)

I raged pretty hard.  then came back and plugged in the crappy PS2 NES controller and beat it first try.

One of Seymour's last forms or something in FFX where you are on a snowy cliff or something made me rage too.  Think I spent 4 hours then finally beat after restarting into a new game and leveling harder >_> which was bs because IMO the end fight to FFX with the summons was horseshit stupid.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

D-Pad

A.K.A. Gyrowolf
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 06:01:12 am »
Nuzlocke run in Pokemon Silver. For those who don't know, the nuzlocke run is a self imposed set of rules you follow in a Pokemon playthrough. It was made to provide a greater challenge or something. But I think it was thought up to break hearts. Because that's what it did for me. The basic rules are:

- You can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each area. If you miss it, oh well. You have to move on without a new Pokemon.

- Any Pokemon that faints is considered dead. And you're not allowed to carry dead Pokemon with you (diseases, you know?) so you have to release it.

- If you black out (or white out), Game Over.

First off, training was a *****. I learned real fast that training was more dangerous than just battling trainers. Then there came a point where I was scraping by with one Pokemon. And then Totodile fainted. :( In other words he died. I almost couldn't go on, though I had a ratatta left in my roster, I lost my best pal. Eventually I blacked out and restarted the game to play the good ol' normal way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 63 queries.