Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Acolyte  (Read 5198 times)

The Acolyte
« on: July 05, 2007, 05:05:32 am »
The Acolyte

The Acolyte comes from a religious family. His father, the late High Inquisitor of the Holy Church of Solaris, taught him to strictly worship Deus and follow the Evangelion. Now that his father has died, The Acolyte has become the new High Inquisitor, and under him, the Evangelion is law. He enforces the law with the sacred Staff of Judgment, a cross-shaped relic possessed only by the High Inquisitor.

One fateful night, The Acolyte was visited by a mysterious man, possessing a giant tome of untold knowledge. Some say that the volume contains all the rules that govern the universe. The man (or apparition) told him that he was a chosen man. He was chosen to be the Ethos of the world, and to hunt down the Apostles with his "Dreamcatcher" (what the man called his holy Staff). The Acolyte debated over whether to listen to the man and begin the quest until, by some twist of fate, he met the Logos of the world at the other end of his staff.

It was a man who called himself "The Wanderer" who faced Judgment before The Acolyte. Charged with murder, the man pleaded guilty. Blood on his hands, no expression on his concealed face, The Wanderer admitted to his crime. But he also described an entity that led him to commit the murder: a shadow that claimed to be a Puppeteer. Witnesses admitted to seeing glowing threads trailing from the defendants hands at the time of the murder. The Acolyte pondered the story, and after thinking of his own encounter with fate, decides to let the man go free. Not only that, but to join him.

Although the two men live in completely different worlds with completely different backgrounds and lifestyles, The Acolyte was shocked to recognize one similarity between them: isolation. The Wanderer choses to isolate himself from all others, and live on his own. The Acolyte, however, is isolated by his status. He has no friends to talk to, for all fear his judgment. Although he has respect in his country, he has no companionship. Although constantly surrounded by thousands: he is always alone.

New Images:

An image of The Acolyte's Staff of Judgment. Could be used as a support banner, I guess.

Final Fantasy-esque banner. Keeping in spirit with The Wanderer, I guess.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 06:52:12 am by InvaderLupus »

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
Re: The Acolyte
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 05:12:47 am »
Good Drawing like usual out of 10.

Emo story like usual out of 10.

Confusing story like usual out of 10.

Nice one Lupus. ...Like usual out of 10.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 05:17:35 am »
Thanks for the positive feedback, Moldrill. I don't quite see how the story is very emo, perhaps the part about isolation. I just thought it was interesting to look at it from that viewpoint. Haven't you ever felt alone in a large crowd of people?

I can definitely see how it's confusing, though. A lot of it is very ambiguous and abstract. I think it's funny how I'm trying to keep secrets about the story, even though the game will never be made.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

uma

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 05:19:33 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
You instantly get my vote. Completely original art = Instant win. Haven't read the story though.

But you know you won't win... neither will I or Moldorma. Seriously, I'll be very shocked if any of use three win.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 05:22:50 am »
You instantly get my vote. Completely original art = Instant win. Haven't read the story though.

But you know you won't win... neither will I or Moldorma. Seriously, I'll be very shocked if any of use three win.

thanks, I'm really glad you like the character. I've been having difficulty with drawing with my mouse, so I decided to give vectors in Flash a shot. I'm really happy with how it turned out, too. Not bad for just a few hours in Flash (almost made me late for work, though).

uma

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 05:24:18 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Hmmm... I should give vector art a try some time. Though I'll just use my tablet to do it lol.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 05:27:17 am »
Hmmm... I should give vector art a try some time. Though I'll just use my tablet to do it lol.

You should. It's surprisingly easy, too. You just place some lines in the general area that you want them to be, then curve them and shape them any way you want. Make them bigger, smaller, whatever. Fill in the lines with color, add some basic shading (or complex shading if you want), and you're pretty much done. I deleted all the lines afterward, but you could leave them if you wanted a more cartoony character (like Moldrill's Chopik).

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 05:35:05 am »
Yeah Vector and Sprite-Work is where my expertise shines as well. Oo and pencil and paper. Who should win is either, Uma, Moldy, or Lupus. They obviously have the most effort slapped into them. But who will most likely win is Neo Geo unfortunately. :/
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 06:53:23 am »
New images. See what the Staff of Judgment looks like! I suppose you can put one of them in your signature if you're willing to sacrifice that much space.

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 12:24:52 pm »
Lookin at the art a bit more there is something about it I find annoying. It's how the eyes if you stare at them long enough get a sort of cross eyed look to them. Other than that nice banner. Wish I could use it in my sig but I need to save space for Chopik.  :-*
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 02:13:19 pm »
Yeah Vector and Sprite-Work is where my expertise shines as well. Oo and pencil and paper. Who should win is either, Uma, Moldy, or Lupus. They obviously have the most effort slapped into them. But who will most likely win is Neo Geo unfortunately. :/
WHAT ABOUT TOASTER BOY D:
F U.
lol jkjkjk

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 02:22:41 pm »
Nice character :)
The drawings and the story are very good.
To tell the truth, I prefer satirical characters such as Goroneater or Torpid Man, but this one is very good too.
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 04:20:05 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
But who will most likely win is Neo Geo unfortunately. :/
"Unfortunately"? Anyway, don't hand out congratulations yet. This competition isn't over yet (in fact it has barely started). Don't forget that InvaderLupus has won the competition in 2005 as well, when before the competition started Grunge Sheep, Potato and Snickers were deemed the most popular characters.

Also, this year five prizes are given.. one for the overall winner and one for the winner of each division. There's a chance The Acolyte gets beaten by Goroneater, but it doesn't seem unlikely this character will still become the winner of its division.

As for constructive criticism, I'd like to see what this staff looks like which the Acolyte wields.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 06:18:09 pm »
True but it ticks me off how everyone loves the crudely drawn ones :-*
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 06:23:35 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
To be honest, it did take me quite a while to think of the best physical form for Goroneater. I invested more time in him than you may think.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 06:31:07 pm »
Oo, the complexity of thy green hamster is all too much for me! :-\
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 07:25:50 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
That's not my point. Goroneater isn't complex, but it took me some serious time before I could come up with a concept that would work and would generate laughs. Previous plans included its old avatar and a plain green ball.

He isn't a serious character, but that doesn't mean his background story and appearance needed time to develop.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 07:53:42 pm »
Why not something more similar to his original design? Such as a green pac man. And why couldnt you take the time to draw the hamster yourself? Are you that lazy or just that bad at graphics?

Back on topic, I like the staff, exactly as I imagined it.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 10:36:33 pm »
  • Silly cat!
This character is amazing, as your characters always are, Lupus.

I probably have to say I like this guy more than Balthasar, but not as much as The Wanderer. The Wanderer was sort of... in all ways perfect. The Acolyte has a great backstory, but I don't think his looks are distinct enough (whether or not they're supposed to be).

That is a minor criticism, though. This character is still awesome. Good work.

Hoffy.
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 10:39:08 pm »
  • :D
Awesome story and character as usual man :)

THIS IMAGE IS !@#$% TIGHT BY THE WAY. :D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 79 queries.