Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull? (SPOILERS)  (Read 9825 times)

Re: Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull? (SPOILE...
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 09:01:33 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
How the hell did [spoiler=Spoiler]Indy's dad die? I thought he (as well as Indy) drank from the Holy Grail in Indy 3. Shouldn't he (and Indy) be immortal[/spoiler]?

As I understand it
Show content
you have to drink from the cup repeatedly, hence the cost of immortality is never being able to leave the chamber the cup is held in (the cup can't leave the temple thingy, remember).
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 01:53:53 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
How the hell did [spoiler=Spoiler]Indy's dad die? I thought he (as well as Indy) drank from the Holy Grail in Indy 3. Shouldn't he (and Indy) be immortal[/spoiler]?

Show content
Yeah, as TheDarkJay said, you need to stay where the cup is. Because of that, Indy and his dad could not drink from the cup.

[spoiler= Spoilers for IJatCS]Oh and about the aliens: at least it wasn't all wee-woo-wee-doo! With flashy red and green neon lights and stuff. Aliens have been used to explain crop circles and the statues at Easter Island so yeah, it is plausible that the Mayans actually did come in contact with alien beings from outer space long before South American was exposed to other alien beings: the Spanish.[/spoiler]

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 05:59:28 pm »
[spoilers]Aliens?[/spoilers] WTF? Still, I guess they had to give a better explanation for things that "God did it" like they did in the other Indiana Jones Films XD

No, there's no way that
Show content
!@#$% child Shia is the spawn of Indy's loins.

!@#$% that.

Yeah, everyone knows when Indy's child appears, it should be followed by the world splitting in two and him kicking arses of everyone on both halves, using his rattle...or is that James Bond's child?
lrn2spoylertag.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 10:26:31 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I was thinking and having aliens isn't that much different from the other crazy stuff the series has had.
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 11:20:28 pm »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
Can't agree with you more, Temple Of Doom is a good example of crazy stuff this series has been packed with.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 11:23:51 pm »
Well I watched it today. I'm glad to see they haven't !@#$% this series up. I mean the
Show content
Aliens
were handled well and didn't seem tacked on or anything. And
Show content
Indiana Jones' son at first seemed like an annoying !@#$% but turned out alright

tl;dr

It was actually a welcome return :)
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 11:34:53 pm »
I was thinking and having aliens isn't that much different from the other crazy stuff the series has had.
Exactly. People complain too much. I think everything was tied in quite nicely and made sense.

Some of the special effects were a bit obvious, but aside from that I really enjoyed the movie.
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 11:37:41 pm »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
Also the fact that there wasn't any poor acting EVER still makes it a great series. Some actors just don't 'fit', which can make or break a movie, thankfully I didn't notice any of that in any of Indy's films (even the monkey in Raiders Of The Lost Arc would own many actors :P).
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 11:38:04 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQW5rWMGqbg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQW5rWMGqbg</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OipUKkawkx4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OipUKkawkx4</a>

Stopped after 5mins, he started spoiling everything (I haven't seen it) but jesus he makes it sound beyond bad.
the a o d c

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 05:47:40 am »

If I wanted to see an alien movie, I would've watched close encounters of the third kind.

And yes, SURVIVING A NUKE IS SO BELIEVABLE LOL. (especially when the heat from the blast would melt that !@#$% anyway. not to mention how he doesn't even have a scratch on him from being thrown miles out of town)

Well I watched it today. I'm glad to see they haven't !@#$% this series up. I mean the
Show content
Aliens
Show content
Indiana Jones' son at first seemed like an annoying !@#$% but turned out alright

tl;dr

What irony. I hope to god you're being sarcastic. You must have horribly low standards; Lucas and Spielberg took a giant dump on the series.

Exactly. People complain too much. I think everything was tied in quite nicely and made sense.

Just watch the vid I posted, there's tons of inconsistencies and nonsense.
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 05:50:44 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

If I wanted to see an alien movie, I would've watched close encounters of the third kind.

And yes, SURVIVING A NUKE IS SO BELIEVABLE LOL. (especially when the heat from the blast would melt that !@#$% anyway. not to mention how he doesn't even have a scratch on him from being thrown miles out of town)

Show content
Aliens
Show content

tl;dr

What irony. I hope to god you're being sarcastic. You must have horribly low standards; Lucas and Spielberg took a giant dump on the series.

Oh stop it, you're just over-acting. I'm pretty sure it's not as bad as you say it is. Hell I've heard more reliable people say it was good.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 05:58:06 am »

Show content
Aliens
Show content

tl;dr

Oh stop it, you're just over-acting. I'm pretty sure it's not as bad as you say it is. Hell I've heard more reliable people say it was good.

It was just a half-assed nostalgia trip that was made for a quick cash-in. Quit living in denial, that movie was terrible.
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 09:17:17 am »

Show content
Aliens
Show content

tl;dr

If action movies started being realistic then they would be the most boring pile of !@#$% ever. I say yay for over the top unrealities, its what made Die Hard so amazing.

And no; it stuck to Indiana Jones movies quite well; at least it wasn't like 'OH LOOK GOLDEN STUFF SEXSEXSEX'
And its already been stated the actors were good for this movie and didn't !@#$% it up.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 11:22:37 am »

Show content
Aliens
Show content

tl;dr

If action movies started being realistic then they would be the most boring pile of !@#$% ever. I say yay for over the top unrealities, its what made Die Hard so amazing.

And no; it stuck to Indiana Jones movies quite well; at least it wasn't like 'OH LOOK GOLDEN STUFF SEXSEXSEX'
And its already been stated the actors were good for this movie and didn't !@#$% it up.

Yeah, Phantom menace must be the best Star Wars movie ever since it has such crazy action in a star wars movie. (MOTHERFUCKING SARCASM)

no it was "ZOMG LOOK AT THE GOPHERS AND MUNKIES LOLOLOL DER SO CUTE AND FUNNI HAHA LET'S WATCH LEDOUCHEBAG FENCE WHILE GETTING HIT IN THE BALLS. BALL JOKES ARE FUNNI."

It wasn't all the actor's fault, it was also the shitty script. And that they were basically phoning in their roles.
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 11:54:10 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Swiftu...

Saw it last night. I enjoyed it immensely. Felt like one large roller coaster. The silly parts, like him hiding in a fridge, the fridge totally not burning to a crisp and him not having serious head trauma is as stupid as it come, plus the magnetic thing being magnetic only when it cared was dumber than dumb... But aside all that, putting into your mind that you see an Indiana Jones film for the action, for the fun, not for the realism, and it becomes a really, highly enjoyable movie.

Oh yeah... "Call it a rope!!" XD I ROFLed.

And in another quote, I mentioned the
Show content
aliens
. Seriously, none of the other movies were any more realistic than this one. And the other ones had jokes in them too so I don't get why you're so upset.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 12:06:04 pm »
Swiftu...

Saw it last night. I enjoyed it immensely. Felt like one large roller coaster. The silly parts, like him hiding in a fridge, the fridge totally not burning to a crisp and him not having serious head trauma is as stupid as it come, plus the magnetic thing being magnetic only when it cared was dumber than dumb... But aside all that, putting into your mind that you see an Indiana Jones film for the action, for the fun, not for the realism, and it becomes a really, highly enjoyable movie.

Oh yeah... "Call it a rope!!" XD I ROFLed.

And in another quote, I mentioned the
Show content
aliens
. Seriously, none of the other movies were any more realistic than this one. And the other ones had jokes in them too so I don't get why you're so upset.

Just watch that video I posted; Spoony explains perfectly why the movie was bad.
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 03:03:35 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I just have one question:
Why was that plastic skull stuffed with tin foil?

As for my self, sure action movies don't have to be realistic, but I like them to be believable, even if it takes a solid stretch of the imagination.
Show content
Surviving a NUCLEAR !@#$% EXPLOSION in a !@#$% FRIDGE cannot be believed no matter how big a stretch of the imagination you take. If he was within even miles of the nuke, his atoms would be split apart, if he was in the explosion radius, the fridge would be reduced to ash and the heat would cook him to death. If he somehow survived and stepped out of the fridge immediately, his hair would have fallen off and his teeth fallen out in minutes from the radiation <_<. It just was a stretch too far for me to make.

Show content
The aliens, I could have took if they didn't focus the whole thing on them and psychic powers and such to such an extreme. The other ones were pretty much Indiana fighting Nazi's until they found the artefact that suddenly showed supernatural powers. This was just too focuses on them rarely

Also,
Show content
WTF happened to the women at the end? She turned into pixies or something and floated away for no apparent reason. WTF was up with that?

Finally, At the end,
Show content
at the wedding
was I the only one expecting Indy to look up at the sky and see Sean Connery's face in the clouds or there
Show content
in the wedding
as a ghost something ridiculous like that?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 03:11:46 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 04:51:34 pm »

Show content
Aliens
Show content

tl;dr

Yeah, Phantom menace must be the best Star Wars movie ever since it has such crazy action in a star wars movie. (MOTHERFUCKING SARCASM)

no it was "ZOMG LOOK AT THE GOPHERS AND MUNKIES LOLOLOL DER SO CUTE AND FUNNI HAHA LET'S WATCH LEDOUCHEBAG FENCE WHILE GETTING HIT IN THE BALLS. BALL JOKES ARE FUNNI."

It wasn't all the actor's fault, it was also the shitty script. And that they were basically phoning in their roles.

Phantom menace was about as action movie as !@#$% bambi.

This movie was a welcome return to the series because it was !@#$% good. Kthnxbai.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 05:02:36 pm »

Show content
Aliens
Show content

tl;dr

Phantom menace was about as action movie as !@#$% bambi.

This movie was a welcome return to the series because it was !@#$% good. Kthnxbai.

Except that it's terrible and the plot falls apart when you think about it.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 12:23:13 am »
  • b e p i s
Swiftu, you hate almost everything. You're extremely jaded.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 75 queries.