Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Project-reviews  (Read 2073 times)

Project-reviews
« on: October 03, 2006, 03:54:01 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Like you might remember in the old zfgc, HoF reviewed almost every fan-game there was and the topic was stickied. And i thought, why don't we have one here!
So my suggestion is, that we should have it back. It could increase the inspiration of the gamemakers. Tell me your opinions!

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
Re: Project-reviews
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 04:03:05 pm »
  • Minalien
That would be more something a member could set up (reviewing games & such), then perhaps, if seen fit, the topic may end up being stickied. You have to remember, the ZFGC staff has enough on their minds atm to worry about than small things such as this. Members should start to take initiative to change things and to bring about something that they want that we dont have at the moment that can be done by members.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 04:11:08 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Well as far as we know, there is a site team, that is building a website, maybe that will be included?

Anyhow, I once started to make those reviews, a long time ago, when this forum was just re-opened (under Drewdelz administration), but the problem is that :

- It's VERY subjective, the reviewer might hate a part of the game that someone else would love. (also applies to graphical quality of the game)
- It takes a lot of time, you MUST be patient.
- Some topics are very old, you don't know which to review and which not.

If you still want that topic I was making, I still have it saved as a .txt.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 04:12:33 pm »
  • Minalien
Regardless of what teams they may have, they still have a lot more important things dealing with ZFGC to worry about than making a reviewing team.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 04:13:16 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Well as far as we know, there is a site team, that is building a website, maybe that will be included?

Anyhow, I once started to make those reviews, a long time ago, when this forum was just re-opened (under Drewdelz administration), but the problem is that :

- It's VERY subjective, the reviewer might hate a part of the game that someone else would love. (also applies to graphical quality of the game)
- It takes a lot of time, you MUST be patient.
- Some topics are very old, you don't know which to review and which not.

If you still want that topic I was making, I still have it saved as a .txt.
Yeah, you could send it to me. I'll propably then continue making it ;)

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 04:20:39 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
MiNalien, you might be right, but the website will have some content, I believe they'll review one or two games.

TomPel, sure I could send it to you, but it's really outdated (all the links don't work anymore I think, since we have changed servers), and some of the games no longer exist.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 08:06:07 pm »
What, you mean this?
http://web.archive.org/web/20050315180213/www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=8936.0.

I've been looking at the Waybacked ZFGC for months now, felt compelled to post this...
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 08:31:58 pm »
*whistles* Look trust me, if you've thought of it, the site team is working on it.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 02:15:13 am »
Didn't someone already start a topic like this? 
 ???
That sounds kinda creepy, Helios, some people think of some really wierd stuff.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 02:21:13 am »
Come to think of it, yes.
The site will be terrifying.
  • Google Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 54 queries.

anything