Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: A Hoffy Review: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.  (Read 17339 times)

Re: A Hoffy Review: The Legend of Zelda: Twiligh...
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 12:18:14 am »
This game was so much better than TP but that being said it was one of the worse zeldas, though there never terrible. Also why does everybody like Midna she's pretty much Navi in imp form?

Rule 34 works well for her, man. And lol TP was better than TP.  XD

XD lol i meant it's better than OOT.

WTF??  Duplicate accounts?  I thought you were brothers, but....posting under each others accounts?  Seems a bit fishy.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 12:24:08 am »
Id have to say I disagree, Zelda:TP is no where near as good as OOT, MM or TWW. Sure it has great graphics, but its way too linear, pretty much you can't break out of the normal pattern to do something in a different order because the 50 million cut scenes dictate where you go next.
Too much of the lacking story was told through cut scenes, rather than gameplay as it has been in previous 3d titles. Don't get me wrong, I love the cut scene, but just not as many as TP had.

Also, it felt a lot more lonely than previous 3d zeldas, pretty much you just explored by your self, what I mean is, in OOT and after, you went to different towns that were filled with people who you had to interact with in order to complete the next objective. In this game Ordon is the only town like that, and you leave that at the start. Kakariko is deserted and only has the shamen and the bomb guy plus some kids. Zoras domain is small, and you don't really need to talk to anyone there, the Goron place has a few people, but its nothing like it was in OOT. But thats all, the desert, the hidden village, the sky, the sacred forest, have maybe 1 person to talk with at max, but they arent central like they used to be.

Over all, a dissapointing game, nintendo tried to fit too much in, but in the end sacrificed a lot of the classic zelda elements. Hyrule field was large, but it was empty. The story left all these loose ends which were never addressed, but ignored in the end.

EDIT: You got a ruppee, its worth 5. Ok thats fine hearing the first time you find a rupee, but not almost every time afterwoods, what was with that, was it a mistake because everytime i found a rupee on the ground that was bigger than 1 rupee, it would say "you got a blue ruppee worth 5, yellow worth 10 and so on" it actually got me scared of collecting rupees and i started ignoring them in the end.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:26:33 am by redding »
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 12:27:50 am »
This game was so much better than TP but that being said it was one of the worse zeldas, though there never terrible. Also why does everybody like Midna she's pretty much Navi in imp form?

WTF??  Duplicate accounts?  I thought you were brothers, but....posting under each others accounts?  Seems a bit fishy.
Probably just forgot he was signed into his "brothers account"
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 12:29:35 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
EDIT: You got a ruppee, its worth 5. Ok thats fine hearing the first time you find a rupee, but not almost every time afterwoods, what was with that, was it a mistake because everytime i found a rupee on the ground that was bigger than 1 rupee, it would say "you got a blue ruppee worth 5, yellow worth 10 and so on" it actually got me scared of collecting rupees and i started ignoring them in the end.
I think you only get that message for the first rupee you find every time you reset the game. I'm not sure though; it's been a while.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 12:32:59 am »
  • Silly cat!
Id have to say I disagree, Zelda:TP is no where near as good as OOT, MM or TWW. Sure it has great graphics, but its way too linear, pretty much you can't break out of the normal pattern to do something in a different order because the 50 million cut scenes dictate where you go next.
Too much of the lacking story was told through cut scenes, rather than gameplay as it has been in previous 3d titles. Don't get me wrong, I love the cut scene, but just not as many as TP had.

Also, it felt a lot more lonely than previous 3d zeldas, pretty much you just explored by your self, what I mean is, in OOT and after, you went to different towns that were filled with people who you had to interact with in order to complete the next objective. In this game Ordon is the only town like that, and you leave that at the start. Kakariko is deserted and only has the shamen and the bomb guy plus some kids. Zoras domain is small, and you don't really need to talk to anyone there, the Goron place has a few people, but its nothing like it was in OOT. But thats all, the desert, the hidden village, the sky, the sacred forest, have maybe 1 person to talk with at max, but they arent central like they used to be.

Over all, a dissapointing game, nintendo tried to fit too much in, but in the end sacrificed a lot of the classic zelda elements. Hyrule field was large, but it was empty. The story left all these loose ends which were never addressed, but ignored in the end.
Okay, I realise now why I enjoyed this game so much.

Because I'm such a sucker for Zelda, I like to take my time. In taking my time, during both of my playthroughs of Twilight Princess, I visited Kakariko Village, Ordon Village and Castle Town between the dungeons... not always all three, but I did regularly check up on Kakariko to see how the kids were going. I was regularly interacting with characters, because they usually have something new to say. This stuff wasn't forced on me like the cutscenes, I just did it. This made Hyrule seem less empty for me, and I can understand what it would be like for someone who didn't waste time.

Also, I did not say Twilight Princess was better than OoT, MM and TWW. Actually, if you read my review, I said it was the least impressive out of the four 3D games. Yes, I said it was the best in terms of gameplay, but I didn't say it was the best overall game. Please take note of such things before you criticise me.

Though a lot of you do have a point. I realise now I may have rated the story too high considering how many flaws I also noted. I think I might lower that score.

I think you only get that message for the first rupee you find every time you reset the game. I'm not sure though; it's been a while.
Yes, that was it.

Also, don't think I'm "selling out" to you guys just because I changed the scores. I feel better about these scores anyway. I think they back-up my argument a little more.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:42:06 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 12:43:28 am »

Okay, I realise now why I enjoyed this game so much.

Because I'm such a sucker for Zelda, I like to take my time. In taking my time, during both of my playthroughs of Twilight Princess, I visited Kakariko Village, Ordon Village and Castle Town between the dungeons... not always all three, but I did regularly check up on Kakariko to see how the kids were going. I was regularly interacting with characters, because they usually have something new to say. This stuff wasn't forced on me like the cutscenes, I just did it. This made Hyrule seem less empty for me, and I can understand what it would be like for someone who didn't waste time.

Also, I did not say Twilight Princess was better than OoT, MM and TWW. Actually, if you read my review, I said it was the least impressive out of the four 3D games. Yes, I said it was the best in terms of gameplay, but I didn't say it was the best overall game. Please take note of such things before you criticise me.

Though a lot of you do have a point. I realise now I may have rated the story too high considering how many flaws I also noted. I think I might lower that score.
I'm "selling out" to you guys just because I changed the scores. I feel better about these scores anyway. I think they back-up my argument a little more.
Sorry, wasn't meaning to attack your review like that. Its definately not a bad game, and I guess we do have similar opinions on it then.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 12:46:41 am »
  • Silly cat!
That's not a problem. I love writing reviews, and I love the feedback you guys provide whenever I do. I'd just rather that feedback come from actually reading the review.

Hoffy.
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 12:57:08 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

Probably just forgot he was signed into his "brothers account"
Yeah i didn't even realize i was on my brothers account.
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 03:02:07 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
While all of you seem to hate Twilight Princess, I actually like it a lot. Good review, Hoffy :). You were very detailed with your opinions and backed them up. I also liked the screenshots you've included.

Not I. Although I would have liked it if the Wii version had stayed unmirrored, or at least given its players a choice. I'm left-handed (although I use my right hand for the Wii... and virtually everything else) but if I needed to play TP with my left-hand to fully integrate to Zelda... I'd do it. >_>

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 05:05:25 am »
I can't believe you didn't thank me for sending my full paid for TP to you free of charge O_O.

+Rep for a great review.
-Rep for read above. =(.
the a o d c
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 05:08:48 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Your reviews are so professional. Keep them coming.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 05:09:16 am »
I can't believe you didn't thank me for sending my full paid for TP to you free of charge O_O.

+Rep for a great review.
-Rep for read above. =(.

If you send me a free game, i will definitely be sure and thank you :D D

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 05:34:06 am »
I gotta say, the lag between sword motions and the on-screen swingin is oh-so noticeable.

did you play on an lcd tv? =\  Because I didn't notice any lag.

I played on an HD CRT Sanyo. And I've played on an old CRT that was SD. Noticeable lag on both. Maybe my Wii is mentally retarded? =/
ZFGC Veteran since 2004

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 05:36:36 am »
  • Silly cat!
Thank you :).

+Rep for a great review.
-Rep for read above. =(.
Ah !@#$% >_<. Seriously AoDC, when I started writing the review, I was like "will thank AoDC somewhere" but then I just forgot O___o. Now I feel bad. I suppose I'm done with the game now. If you like, I can send it back?

Hoffy.
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 05:53:24 am »

+Rep for a great review.
-Rep for read above. =(.
Ah !@#$% >_<. Seriously AoDC, when I started writing the review, I was like "will thank AoDC somewhere" but then I just forgot O___o. Now I feel bad. I suppose I'm done with the game now. If you like, I can send it back?
wait hoffy, are you the old member Hero of Fire? Back in the day at zfgc? Sort of just clicked with me as hof was the acronym for hero of fire, and yeh so on.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 05:56:04 am »
  • Silly cat!

+Rep for a great review.
-Rep for read above. =(.
wait hoffy, are you the old member Hero of Fire? Back in the day at zfgc? Sort of just clicked with me as hof was the acronym for hero of fire, and yeh so on.
Yes, I actually am Hero of Fire :P. Basically Hero of Fire = HoF = Hoffy. Sorry if I was a bit rude to you before, Redding, you're still one of my favourite Australian members :).

Hoffy.
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2008, 05:58:32 am »

+Rep for a great review.
-Rep for read above. =(.
Yes, I actually am Hero of Fire :P. Basically Hero of Fire = HoF = Hoffy. Sorry if I was a bit rude to you before, Redding, you're still one of my favourite Australian members :).
haha nah no worries, sorry that i was with my comments, its a very thorough review, and awesome that you've written such a thing.
Yeh youd be one of my favourite aussie members here too, good to see theres still a few, despite me being absent a couple of years.
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2008, 06:03:45 am »
woot! go us aussies! XD
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 08:40:23 am »
As a reviewer you should NOT EVER, change your rating score because of opinions of other people.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2008, 08:57:11 am »
  • Silly cat!
As a reviewer you should NOT EVER, change your rating score because of opinions of other people.
I realise this when I did it. I didn't change the review scores as much as I split them up as separate Wii and GameCube scores, as I thought it would better back up my opinions. No one actually told me to do it, and I also realise that when the review is submitted, there's no going back.

It's a good thing this is an internet forum and not a real publication :P. Thanks for the advice, though.

Hoffy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 73 queries.

anything