Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guitar Hero DS. Screens, Video and Info. You won't believe it..  (Read 6832 times)

Re: Guitar Hero DS. Screens, Video and Info. You...
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2008, 11:58:04 am »
  • All Hail Crappy Sprites!
Personally I think this will be fun, and i most likely will buy it, but only if it works with the original DS and not the lite. I play GH because it's a game to complete, I don't play it like some hardcore peps who sit there day and night, thinking that they are proper guitarists, when all they are doing is hammering 5 buttons on a plastic guitar. Also, to those saying that it has shitty graphics, wooptey freaking doo, its on the DS, not exactly the best graphics in the world, and personally I think the characters look better than phantom hourglass (yeah, I said it, you gonna fight me?). But I don't really care about the graphics, it's the gameplay that counts, so aslong as it plays the same as the old Guitar Heros, minus one fret (which I didn't care for anyway, it was getting too tedious playing hard) , I won't give much of a damn about the graphics. And anyone who says it doesn't simulate a real guitar, wtf are you on about! Guitar Hero 1-3 = 5 Frets, 1 Strum, 1 Wammy and 2 buttons on a plastic guitar, click frets with left hand, play with right (unless your a lefty). GH on Tour = (currently) 4 frets and a strum bar, Click with let hand, play with right.

Anyone see something there? The fact you click frets with a hand and play with the other is basically the main thing in GH, big whoopde doo that it is so small that it doesn't look like a real guiter, the actually controllers for the other games look hardly anything like a real guitar. I'm pretty sure a real guitar has 5 strings, 20 frets, no wammy bar and no start/stop buttons! Plus it's about ten times harder than playing a GH guitar!
~Project List~
-Untitled RPG - Barely Started!
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2008, 12:56:11 pm »
  • *whistle*
Anyone see something there? The fact you click frets with a hand and play with the other is basically the main thing in GH, big whoopde doo that it is so small that it doesn't look like a real guiter, the actually controllers for the other games look hardly anything like a real guitar. I'm pretty sure a real guitar has 5 strings, 20 frets, no wammy bar and no start/stop buttons! Plus it's about ten times harder than playing a GH guitar!

Actually, your average electric guitar will have at least six strings, twenty-two frets, and very often a whammy bar.

Guitar Hero is easy for non-musicians, who enjoy being able to have very quick success without any real skill, while real guitarists often find the game very difficult.
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2008, 12:59:08 pm »
why would a guitarist find GH hard?
3 of my friends are very good with guitars, as they often play in pubs and bars, and they're all insane at GH
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2008, 01:09:28 pm »
  • odens knop
I don't think I'll be getting this.  Looks a bit gimicky for my taste.  Like notice in the video that the guitar can catch on fire and you have to blow in the mic to put it out....
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2008, 01:15:13 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I don't think I'll be getting this.  Looks a bit gimicky for my taste.  Like notice in the video that the guitar can catch on fire and you have to blow in the mic to put it out....

The whole mic thing is a mistake to me, but meh. Im still buying it.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2008, 04:55:28 pm »
why would a guitarist find GH hard?
3 of my friends are very good with guitars, as they often play in pubs and bars, and they're all insane at GH
I don't think it's so much that good guitarists find Guitar Hero hard, just that they find it pointless and don't really want to play it.  That's the way it seems here, at least.  I mean if you can play a song on guitar easily, then why play it on some "crappy plastic controller"?

Isn't there a two-player mode?  I'm sure this is just one of the ways you can attack your opponent, which would be a neat way of taking advantage of the DS.  I highly doubt your guitar will randomly catch on fire in the middle of normal play, that would just be stupid, and surely they know that.

As far as me, I do not think I will purchase this game.  I do not like the fact that it only has 4 frets.  For many people who are good at Guitar Hero, the challenge comes from being able to use the 5th fret effectively.  Therefore, I do not think this game will provide any challenge for me, and without a challenge, what is the point of buying it?  So I can be a "hardcore" guitar hero fan, owning all the games in the franchise, and having bragging rights that I beat them all on expert?  No thanks.  I'd rather play the old guitar hero games casually with my friends.

The graphics really aren't that good, I have seen the DS produce far better graphics than that, and with a franchise such as Guitar Hero, isn't it about time we get some better graphics?  But graphics have never stopped me from trying a game.

Also, this makes me wonder how great the sound quality is.  Producing this game on the DS has two restrictions as far as I can see.  The first being the size restrictions - I guess there are three things to take into consideration here that will all drastically effect the price and quality of this game.  The cartridge size, number of songs, and the actual quality of the tracks.  I hope for their sake that they find an equal balance amongst these, too low of sound quality will drive customers away, too high of sound quality will mean that we will either get a lot less songs or the price will increase as they need more space on the cartridge.  The second is the speakers themselves.  I guess you could purchase a nice pair of headphones (who doesn't have those already) or connect it to other speakers (or even a receiver to play it surround sound!) though that would kinda defeat the purpose of having it on a handheld.

Obviously this is all speculation, and I'm not sure on a lot of this (such as cartridge costs, I only know that flash cartridges can get pretty expensive if you want a really big one).  Graphics aren't that big of a deal right now, seeing as it's not like we're seeing the finished product.  I just hope they update them a bit more before releasing the game.  Sound quality won't be a bad thing unless they chose to make it really crappy quality or (potentially really expensive and make the game cost more than it should).  As I said, pretty much the only thing that is turning me away from the game is the fact that it has four frets.  And for that I don't want to purchase it only to find out that it's way too easy for me and doesn't provide a challenge.  I mean sure I'll try it if I see that one of my friends has it, but I don't want to purchase this without knowing that it will be fun or that it will provide a challenge to me.
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2008, 11:05:56 am »
  • All Hail Crappy Sprites!

Actually, your average electric guitar will have at least six strings, twenty-two frets, and very often a whammy bar.

Guitar Hero is easy for non-musicians, who enjoy being able to have very quick success without any real skill, while real guitarists often find the game very difficult.

ok, I miscounted the strings, it is six, but 22 frets? Is an electric one a bit longer than an acoustic, 'cause my acoustic one has 20, 21 if you count right at the edge of the fret board, or does all hands off count as well? And yeah, i can agree with the Real ones finding it hard, I have an uncle who blames his skills as a real guitarist for his failure in GH. Whereas I just blame the song, goddarn you Wolfmother! (I still beat that song, I just got murdered by the second encore O_O)
~Project List~
-Untitled RPG - Barely Started!
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2008, 11:16:29 am »
  • *whistle*

ok, I miscounted the strings, it is six, but 22 frets? Is an electric one a bit longer than an acoustic, 'cause my acoustic one has 20, 21 if you count right at the edge of the fret board, or does all hands off count as well? And yeah, i can agree with the Real ones finding it hard, I have an uncle who blames his skills as a real guitarist for his failure in GH. Whereas I just blame the song, goddarn you Wolfmother! (I still beat that song, I just got murdered by the second encore O_O)

Yeah, general rule of thumb is that electric guitars have longer fretboards than steel-string acoustics, which have longer fretboards than nylon string acoustics. I actually have an acoustic here with a twenty-two fret fretboard - the one in my DP - (and an acoustic bass with a twenty-four fret fretboard), and Jackson Soloists frequently come with twenty-four frets.

The problem is, GH and real guitar are nothing alike, so guitarists often have a psychological block about the game because the concepts are nowhere near similar. Personally, the game doesn't appeal at all - rhythm games are just coloured shapes, a bit of timing, and a gimicky peripheral. If you really want to play music, just get a real guitar. There's a much better feeling from it, it's more useful, you can do more things with it, and guess what? It's far less nerdy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 51 queries.