Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: [Engine Demo] tLoZ: Echoes of Aurelia  (Read 119480 times)

Re: [Trailer] tLoZ: Echoes of Aurelia
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2012, 10:44:59 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I had to post and tell you guys that I like this Zelda game more than any other 2D Zelda fan game I've ever seen (yes, "EVER"). The music is incredible, the atmosphere is awesome, the engine looks like it's coming along very well, and the world already looks pretty vast and also perfectly designed imo and the details with rain, snow, tree leaves casting a shadow that gives the impression the wind is moving them, etc. - it's all very beautiful. As I was watching that trailer, I was actually saying stuff out loud, like, "dang", "wow", "shoot", "it's still going?! O,O" and "holy mudder chunkin waffle fries!". And that last one sounds gross, but it just randomly came out... ok, that sounds even more gross... uhh, I just have strange ways of voicing excitement when being in awe of something truly epic. Don't kill me guys, but I like this better than any OoT2D I've seen. :o As I said above, this is my favorite 2D Zelda fan game ever. The EoA team wins. /fanboy rant

Thanks for the support everyone! "Visual" game progress and planning/mapping continues, however coding has started to slow down. Freki has been very busy and inactive and we've lost connection with him for now.
We currently have one active coder, and one who is coding when he has free time from his main projects.

If anyone is interested in helping/joining, as anything, contact me via PM.

Just figured I'd quote that so other people would see it (because my post went on a new page). Unfortunately, I can't help. I'd love to, but I have to withhold myself because my own projects will never see the light of day if I don't have enough self control in this area. XD
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:47:23 pm by Frozen炎 »
  • My Music
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2012, 10:55:34 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I really like the way it is turning out, seriously, it is the greatest fan game ive ever seen, this should be given a price or something.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2012, 02:04:58 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I really like the way it is turning out, seriously, it is the greatest fan game ive ever seen, this should be given a price or something.

As much as that would be awesome, to compensate the developers and everyone in charge of this project, it's not legal. It's a fan game using copyrighted characters from Nintendo.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2012, 03:13:12 am »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
This game does look intensely awesomazing. It's the downright best looking 2D Zelda ever. It looks better than the official games even. I hear you're killing it on NCFC (if I said that right) which is great. I hope you guys win because the amount of effort put into this game is evident.
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2012, 04:38:57 am »
  • Let's do this.
This game does look intensely awesomazing. It's the downright best looking 2D Zelda ever. It looks better than the official games even. I hear you're killing it on NCFC (if I said that right) which is great. I hope you guys win because the amount of effort put into this game is evident.
Well, NCFC is over...We had the most promising Zelda Fangame but didn't win due to the fact that we hadn't a demo yet. >.<
This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Click here to check out my Deviantart!
  • Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2012, 01:30:31 pm »
Thank you for the overwhelming support, everybody. I am really glad you like our game!

So I suppose most of you would like to try out the game yourselves. We are doing our best to get a demo out as soon as possible, but I am afraid I can not give you a definate date.
I can, however, tell you what the demo would most likely contain! 'Chapter 1: The Sheltering Forest' covers most of the Whispering Woods island which includes the Tidal Forest, the Forgotten Grove and the Skyforst Shrine (first dungeon) among other places. I am not sure whether the 'Prologue: Nightfall' will be featured in the first release of EoA, though. I guess that depends on how soon we want to get the demo out.

On that note, I might as well explain how the plot in EoA progresses. As you can probably tell from the above, we have organized EoA in 'chapters', pretty much. Naturally, you can revisit all the areas of previous chapters at any time. A chapter usually ends with Link learning another part of the Echoes of Aurelia (the song that is played at the very end of the trailer, btw!) and learning his next objective. EoA consits of five chapters and the prologue. I suppose the conclusion will be presented in form of a short Credits cutscene at the end of the game.

The original plan for EoA was to release a new 'demo' of the game each time one chapter is finished. This would mean that you get to play the game while it's being developed more or less. I'm not sure whether that still is the plan, but it seemed like a solid concept to me back when I suggested it.

Edit: I might as well post some screenshots, I suppose. :) The first one shows a part of Reliaton, Aurelia's central village. Do you recongnize the house? It was drawn by some pixel artist (I don't have the name available right now, sorry!) who has kindly given us permission to use his graphics in EoA. The second screen shows Link just having arrived in the Quiet Mists.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:29:01 pm by Sheik »

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2012, 12:54:31 pm »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
I am falling deeper in love with this project.
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2012, 01:01:03 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Edit: I might as well post some screenshots, I suppose. :) The first one shows a part of Reliaton, Aurelia's central village. Do you recongnize the house? It was drawn by some pixel artist (I don't have the name available right now, sorry!) who has kindly given us permission to use his graphics in EoA. The second screen shows Link just having arrived in the Quiet Mists.

The name you are looking for is llshadow from PixelJoint. I noticed we didn't add him into the credit list yet.
Just want to post that in order that we don't forget.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:09:37 pm by Rayo »

• Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2012, 07:10:16 pm »
Thanks for the support everyone!  Good to hear you like our game. :)
Here's an update explaining one of the features added, and a sneak peak of the upcoming dungeon in Chapter II: The Insightful Ice.

Dungeon sneak peek:  Skyforest Shrine & Cave of Ice.

(I'm sorry you missed the miniboss fight.)

Feature: Seeds & Planting:

Here's a mockup image of the planting system. You can find the seeds of various types in chests hidden around the world, and then bring them to their corresponding soil. As shown in the image, you have to pour water or let it rain on the soil after planting the seed, and wait a night for the seed to grow into its plant.
Each plant has its own use, such as the Tidal Plant in this picture that naturally grows in the Tidal Forest. Which has the ability to supply infinite water.
There are currently 10 planned seed, some of them grow into collectible items such as Heartplant and Bombflower.

(tl:dr eoa now has farmville)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:12:06 pm by Gonken »
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2012, 06:58:42 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Wow it is getting really intreaging! Is that the head of gleerok on the wall of the cave of ice?
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2012, 06:35:29 pm »
I haven't seen something this exciting since KingMob's The Shadowgazer, which he unfortunately decided not to finish. I hope you guys would make something of this project. The game looks very solid from the trailer.

By the way, whats with the ghostly silhouette in the image above?
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2012, 11:04:25 am »
I haven't seen something this exciting since KingMob's The Shadowgazer, which he unfortunately decided not to finish. I hope you guys would make something of this project. The game looks very solid from the trailer.

Aslong as the coding team is active I believe the game will see a finish. We are working a lot on everything that has to do with concepting and planning.
By the way, whats with the ghostly silhouette in the image above?

Thanks,
That's because of the image editing, I thought it would'nt be a big deal. It's just a mockup.
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2012, 07:38:38 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
PLZ DO A DEMO! PLZ PLZ!!!!!
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2012, 11:26:45 pm »

...We will. Just need to get things finished.
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2012, 01:09:44 pm »
  • Just call me Brad

...We will. Just need to get things finished.
ok then...
 *Malefor waits...*
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2012, 06:43:02 pm »
Menu has been worked on for a few days, It is currently functional in-game with an opening/closing effect and the item page.
The tabs are still missing a headline, the second tab is almost complete.

Here's the menu showing every item in Echoes of Aurelia.
Equipment such as Swords and Shields are on the quest status page, along with dreamshards/heart pieces plus the four notes of Echoes of Aurelia and other quest items.

Tabs: Item Menu, Quest Status, Map
Credit to MartjinDH for coding it.

Suggestions, comments?
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2012, 09:11:59 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
It is really good, it reminds me of the one of wind waker for some reason...
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2012, 01:24:15 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

Tabs: Item Menu, Quest Status, Map
Credit to MartjinDH for coding it.

Suggestions, comments?

It seems just a tad too generic, imo. I'd like to see some kind of detail in the border and/or a more defined theme, like some kind of wing-like or cloud/floaty border design and the headline would be surrounded by a bigger design having more detail and being different but staying with the same theme, of course. Zelda games have gone with a map texture style with serrated edges, also stone tablet with hieroglyphic-type marks to make up a border, etc. Of course, they always had a theme that lined up with the game. For example, Wind Waker used a sort of palm leaf style that fit well with the theme of islands. The current style does fit well with the game, as it feels clean/refreshing/air-like, but it just doesn't have quite enough detail. I guess my advice is to "expand the detail" on the theme idea that you already have going there. You might want to check out the Skyward Sword inventory graphics design (excluding the layout design, of course, since that is made for motion control and such). That seems like it would be fitting inspiration for this.

I think the layout is awesome, it's just the graphical design that could use some more detail.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:27:33 am by Frozen炎 »
  • My Music
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2012, 02:32:21 pm »
Definately! I'll do something like that.
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2012, 12:23:19 am »
  • Let's do this.
Merry Christmas you all, we hope you all had a good year! :)

• Zelda Time Walker
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 74 queries.

anything