Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (request) Decompile DS game code into PAlib?  (Read 3388 times)

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
(request) Decompile DS game code into PAlib?
« on: October 06, 2007, 02:51:55 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
I want to decompile the code from Goldeneye: 007 into PAlib and edit its code and models. Is there any program I can run it under?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 03:04:25 pm by Malonfan2012 »
Re: (request) Decompile DS game code into PAlib?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 03:08:24 pm »
*Laughs*, you could decompile the code but the best you would ever end up with is ASM, it would be impossible to decompile it to the original source code.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 03:18:52 pm »
A lot goes into compiling complicated code like that, there's no way to get the full source from an exe. At best you could get hex code or some ASM that may influence the game, but is certainly not the full blown source. The only true way to get the source would be to work at the studio and flip through their library.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 03:23:32 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
It's not an .exe. It's a .nds file. All I want to do is change models, waepons, and levels.
Re: Decompile DS game code into PAlib?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 03:31:42 pm »
No, not to mention any of those things you wish to do would be far too difficult for you to do anyway.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 05:28:07 pm »
  • IBV
It's not an .exe. It's a .nds file. All I want to do is change models, waepons, and levels.

Executable code nonetheless. The extension is just eye-candy. It has no real purpose technically.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 10:45:42 pm »

Executable code nonetheless. The extension is just eye-candy. It has no real purpose technically.

Indeed. GNU/Linux systems don't need extensions to work out what a file contains or what program to open it with. It's a shame that Windows isn't that intelligent, really.
Actually thats not neccessaraly true, quite a lot of programs in Windows do open applications irrispective of extension, they decide what the program contains by reading the signatures in the file headers.
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 06:15:45 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I want to decompile the code from Goldeneye: 007 into PAlib and edit its code and models. Is there any program I can run it under?
Sounds like someone wants to make a Halo game  XD

But seriously, don't even attempt it. Seriously. Way to much effort.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 12:52:09 pm »

Indeed. GNU/Linux systems don't need extensions to work out what a file contains or what program to open it with. It's a shame that Windows isn't that intelligent, really.
Actually thats not neccessaraly true, quite a lot of programs in Windows do open applications irrispective of extension, they decide what the program contains by reading the signatures in the file headers.

Since when? Windows Explorer relies on the extension to determine which program to open. Extension information is stored in the registry along with the relevant command/program to invoke by default.
I was refering to specific programs, not windows explorer specifically. If its just explorer your refering to then yes your right it relies on extensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 52 queries.