Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend Of Zelda: Tower Of The Goddess(Goddesses..?)  (Read 2302 times)

Legend Of Zelda: Tower Of The Goddess(Goddesses....
« on: January 17, 2012, 12:39:01 am »
Legend Of Zelda: Statues Of The Goddess(Goddesses..?) is my fan game that is currently under development. as soon as the engine is finished i will be looking for spriters/composers/level designers/ maybe a coder to help me out if i get stuck. i am trying to create a zelda game that has a feel of all the greatly admired zelda games out there(well atleast in my eyes.) like OOT, SS,TP, and such. thats the style im going for, but in a 2D aspect. like those games mixed with aLTTP. C+C is what i am looking for here.

BACKGROUND STORY:
It has been many years since the Hero has last visited the land of Hyrule and slain the evil that lurks to destroy and conquer all. The land of hyrule understood that while the triforce was able to be used by evil hands, even with the hero to save them when the everlasting war comes around again, that one day, the hero will not be able to stop him. that the purest of evil forms will one day rule over the land, and demolish everything in its way. so after slaying the evil once again, the hero made a desision. as he held the triforce of power, upon defeating the evil, and courage, which is naturaly his peice to take, he rose 3 statues in the reigons, one for Nayru(lake Hylia/zoras), one for Din(Death Mountain/Gorons), and one for Farore(forest/uninhabited? abandoned?). and with the power he held, split the triforce in each peice and stowed them deep into each of the goddesses statues, that for someone wanting the triforce, must display unbelieveable ablities in power, wisdom, and courage, and the other two peices would NOT find those chosen by destiny. these towers were impenatrable, and the secret of the power within them soon became a faint legend. all as the hero hoped it would, the evil did not find his way to any power whatsoever, to a point where the hero was no longer needed. both the bloodline of the hero and the distant evil started to faint. and Hyrule soon became a prosperous, peaceful place. for a LONG time. As one of the desendants of the hero was walking out of Castle Town, to just take some time to explore having finished with sword/guard training for the year, and graduated to a knight of hyrule. he saw the forest entrance and started to walk towards it. at that time he heard a faint scream, of a girl. so he ran to the woods. not knowing that this little "adventure" would soon turn out to be bigger then any legend he ever heard.
STORY THAT IS THE GAME
So as stated above, the triforce was split into peices and hidden. knowing that having it as a whole would gain easy grabbing for ganondorf if he were to come back(and when doesnt he..?) and the location of these kept secret. and soon the knowledge faded, to a point where the location of the peices had many rumors and legends, and none were true. so one of the desendants of link(who just got out of knight training) took a stroll to the forest, and heard a scream. being a knight he automatically ran to help whatever that came from. he went into the forest and then found his way into the temple. at the entrance he finds princess zelda, who tells him he must slay the evil that is taking over the forest. so he does. and then gets rewarded, with something like the kokori gem(not like it, just something like the pendants, or the gems, or something that all zelda games have.) and the guardian who was holding this tells him of the other two guardians that are in trouble by an ancient force growing stronger, that you need to vanquish before they spread and repeat Legend. so you do just that, going to zoras place and gorons place. the third spirit tells you of the old waterway that the fountain in the middle of hyrule, and that one of the vents can be used to access the temple of time(not final. but the temple is hidden somewhere within hyrule.) and then you find the master sword. drawing it would "perish all evil who ever crept up again" and needed to be found as a saftey measure. upon drawing it the temple starts to collapse. so you get your sword and get the hell out of there. and see ganondorf running a raid on Hyrule, with a SHITLOAD of help. so you get out of there and you get yourself a little compainion(like a navi, fi, whatever.), because you are now the chosen hero. then you have to go to the three goddess temples and get past them to find the godess statues and info on the triforce to beat ganon and whatnot. well, thats what i have right know. who likes the story? alot of it is WIP and the second section just says what you do in game
-forest temple
-goron place temple
-water temple
-go to hyrule
-find master sword
-find goddess temples
-find triforce peices
-kill ganondorf.
is what my game is hoping to be. as of now i only have an engine that is progressing nicely so im hoping to throw this into a full blown game. so now that all the background stuff is out of the way, time to talk technical gameplay elements.
-has the Goron and Zora tunic. not sure how to sum up why you have heros cloths/green tunic though...
-7 temples. and then ganons castle based out in greudo desert.
-Epona is in this game. i will be posting the overworld map(well it actually doesnt show anything except which rooms/areas are where..) and epona seems nessisary.
-It is in the style of LTTP/ the OOT2Ds everyone is throwing together.

ITEMS:
this is where i need alot of help. what items out of zelda were your favorite? any ideas on some new items? when should i get these items?
as of now i have
-Boomerang, gotten at first forest temple.
-Bombs, goron place FTW.
-Bow, at the zora place.

i need lots more ideas for items. on and off the main quest. i am looking for about 15 items total.
Bosses: NONE. Ideas anyone
MAP:
this is what the overworld looks like. ignore the room numbers, they are for coding purposes only. as you can see there is alot of messy stuff. there is a key on the side. Yellow = Hyrule field. Green = Forest. Blue = Zoras Domain/Lake Hylia. Red = Goron City/Death Mountain. and maybe a small kakariko under all of that.
Brown = Greudo Desert. Grey = Hyrule Castle/Castle Town/Temple of Time
http://i43.tinypic.com/16iv478.png
Re: Legend Of Zelda: Tower Of The Goddess(Goddes...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 04:03:37 am »
  • It's just Max.
Well, you sure wrote out a whole, whole lot of story to basically say, it's exactly the same as every other zelda game. Perhaps, if you're inclined towards lots of writing and planning in terms of story, you could add in something original, or some theme that links things together.
 For example, Majora's mask had the themes where everyone was fighting amongst themselves, in each region (Deku v. Monkeys in the swamp, Zora v. Pirates in the bay, carpenters v. Soldiers in the town), and by working together, their problems were solved. Majora's mask's theme was about characters learning to trust each other, and only through gaining that trust can they find happiness. Kind of long and off topic since it was just an example, but something like that could be beneficial, since you've got paragraphs and paragraphs of "plot" that you summed up entirely in the little list of these three temples, these three temples, then Ganon's castle. It's not really a plot or story so much as a list.

As far as suggestions for items go, I think old concepts reworked into new items is really successful. For example, one of the games on here (ant remember whose, sorry whoever you are!) employed things like ice shards, which worked really similar to ice arrows but brought the mechanism in a new box. They also had an anchor instead of metal boots. It's nice to see familiar, trustworthy concepts in a new form that relates better to your individual game, and caters to its unique qualities.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:19:02 am »
Ah, thanks for your input! And yes, i pretty much spit out a big story that could be summed up in a list because as of right now the game has no stoy progress out of my mind yet. I got passed links vital movement today so gameplay will increase, improving details to the story. Im trying to make my game as true to the zelda series as possible, so that means having the same core story(do this, go here, finally take down ganon) that all if them had but with my own twists. I do have a couple ideas that werent posted or were on the map just because i dont feel like spitting out every word i thought about this game when im not even past full coding vitals. As for the items, that sounds like a good idea. I was going for a simmalar item feel, without having them to out there(like the items in SS.. Just didnt feel that cool to me) ad the LTTP ones and OOT ones did. They were simple, but greatly thought out in puzzles. Im not sure if a hookshot will be added because with 2D it just doesnt feel that useful.. Well thanks for all the suggestions. Im suprised on how i could write this muxh just in a reply..
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 08:58:10 am »
First of all your OP is a big wall of text with an irregular mark up, which makes it difficult to read. The story could use paragraphs and the entire text could use some more white lines.

ITEMS:
this is where i need alot of help. what items out of zelda were your favorite? any ideas on some new items? when should i get these items?
as of now i have
-Boomerang, gotten at first forest temple.
-Bombs, goron place FTW.
-Bow, at the zora place.

i need lots more ideas for items. on and off the main quest. i am looking for about 15 items total.
My suggestion is not to start with what 'items' do I want in the game, but to start with what 'actions' will the player be able to do. And that look at how these actions can be implemented in a game. For example:

Action: Walking
Explanation: The player has to move from one spot to another only to be impeded by solid objects.
Implementation: Nothing special it is the most basic of actions which get used when the player presses the directional keys.

Action: Retrieving objects
Explanation: 1: The player needs to collect objects in the world that improve the player's status. 2: There are collectible objects that are placed some distance away from the player. The player might never be able to walk towards to places. The player still needs to be able to obtain these objects. 3: Some of these places are not placed in one of the cardinal directions from the player. And the player needs to be able to get these later in the game.
Implementation: 1: The player can move the avatar over the object and it will be automatically collected. 2: The use of an item activated by the item key can collect the object over a distance. The item travels from the player in the cardinal direction that the player is facing towards the item. 3: By holding down the item key and using the directional arrows the player can control the path of the retrieval item.

Action: Hitting switches....

Action: Stun enemies...

From the actions provided above I can give deduce at least one item that can do three actions. This item can be visualised as 1: (Magical) Boomerang, 2:[/2] (Origami/Wooden/Magical) bird, or 3: (Magical/Robotic) sphere.

MAP:
this is what the overworld looks like. ignore the room numbers, they are for coding purposes only. as you can see there is alot of messy stuff. there is a key on the side. Yellow = Hyrule field. Green = Forest. Blue = Zoras Domain/Lake Hylia. Red = Goron City/Death Mountain. and maybe a small kakariko under all of that.
Brown = Greudo Desert. Grey = Hyrule Castle/Castle Town/Temple of Time
http://i43.tinypic.com/16iv478.png
Don't know about the map. It seems more of a map for a 3D Zelda game instead of a 2D. It has a lot of open space. My suggestion is to condense the map to a more rectangle form with less empty space.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 01:09:26 pm »
Im on a shitty phone so sorry if these posts are just walls of text.. Haha:P but yes! Thats what i was asking. Of course im going to have atuff from old games, but other then that.. What do you want link able to accomplish with the use of an item. Magic power will be implimented into the game, i forgot to mention, and that most items will atleast have one upgrade.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 10:26:28 pm »
  • It's just Max.
One thing to do with the items is making sure they can all be used for many puzzles in multiple ways. For example, besides the obvious use of blowing enemies up, bombs can blow up walls, which essentially opens a certain type of path (the bomb-able wall). Also, they can be thrown, this can activate switches that can't be reached by walking there. Also, the explosion is timed. Sometimes you have to leave a bomb somewhere and run somewhere else really fast before it explodes and activates a switch. Things like that are what make items good, their many uses. Don't add too many items into a game if you can't use every item for many things.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:32:17 am »
Now THATS what i was going for. I cant stand when in a game a certain item needs to be used 24-7, and then after the boss.. BOOM. Never using it again. I want to have a decent choice of items, and most of them are used recently in dungeons. Im hoping for some pretty elaborite puzzles with various weapons. Thanks for all the input on this!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 52 queries.

anything