Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character Sprites  (Read 8098 times)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: Character Sprites
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 03:10:32 pm »
He doesn't walk, just has four directions of rubbing his hands together. Shouldn't be too hard. I might give it a go if Tlozpop doesn't beat me to it :P
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 04:56:12 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
ok, thought that he might be the shop owner. Very nice sprite Tlozpop, think you could make the sprites for the other directions?

Honestly I think he'd look better in this incarnation of LA if he just moves his head those directions. I think that's what they would have done had the game had higher resolution sprites to begin with, but LA sprites look weird with only the heads moving. Remember lttp, and the head movement on the sprites?

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 05:15:51 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
it might look kinda weird though with just his head moving, what about when he turns around? he'd look like an owl, lol
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 05:22:44 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
it might look kinda weird though with just his head moving, what about when he turns around? he'd look like an owl, lol

well for stuff like that; yes you'd need a rear facing sprite. It's just kinda odd for a shopkeep to turn his entire body just to watch a single customer :P The limitations of the GB's resolution is probably why they did it that way :P

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 05:25:59 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
yeah, that could work, maybe whoever ends up working on the sprites could do both version to compare, but the head turning one sounds good, as long as he has the back view :P.
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 07:35:13 am »
My memory is a bit fuzzy about the shop, but I though that you could speak to the shopkeeper from all 4 directions. If you only turn his head while you stand at his back, wouldn't that look weird? As if he could twist his entire neck around.
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 10:45:08 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
My memory is a bit fuzzy about the shop, but I though that you could speak to the shopkeeper from all 4 directions. If you only turn his head while you stand at his back, wouldn't that look weird? As if he could twist his entire neck around.

You are correct there, thats how you could steal things from the shop. He needs to be able to turn around.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2009, 10:47:59 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Or should we even have stealing from the shop allowed? Let's think about that.

Otherwise, that's a nice starter sprite you have there, Tlozpop. Sheet please?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2009, 11:10:01 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
We have to have stealing. That was a big thing in the game, it just wouldn't be the same without it :/. Two things I would change about it though, first, when people call you Thief it should be "Thief" instead of "THIEF", it just drives me nuts when games put names in all caps (I know, I'm weird :P), second we need to make an alternate photo for the stealing one so you can complete the album without having to steal.

I know it's a little early to be thinking about that kinda stuff though, just wanted to put that out there.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:43:47 am by RyuKage2007 »
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 11:16:20 pm »
Hmm, I tried to make some, I kinda hate how they ended D:, I need gods (Tlozpop) help.
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 11:36:17 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I found this on Google.  Not sure if the guy ripped them or if they're custom.  D:

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 11:56:31 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
@Kren: The Sweeping Lady's sprite looks pretty good. Think you could make the animations for it? Also, I had a different idea for Madam MeowMeow to make her a bit more unique looking, I might use yours as a base if thats okay, I was only gonna do a few small changes.

@Shefali: Nice find :). I think those sprites are ripped not sure from what though :P, either way we can still use them, they look like they would match MC style pretty well.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:03:18 am by RyuKage2007 »
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 01:13:39 am »
The second chain chomp looks pretty good. Might want the chain separate from hi, and he might need some reshading to get him into the MC style and away from M&L. Kren, good looking sprites yo!
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 65 queries.

anything