Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classical Music  (Read 1177 times)

Classical Music
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:14:07 am »
Ok, make fun of me all you want, but lately I've been really into listening to classical music. I have odd taste in music: I love both classical and metal.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here knows of any good classical pieces? I've mostly been listening to Beethoven (Moonlight Sonata, 5th Symphony, Piano Sonata No. 8), Vivaldi (his seasonal pieces), and Bach (Air).

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Pedlya

Pederp
Re: Classical Music
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 08:16:21 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Anything monotulde from Beethoven is awsome, also if you like metal/classical listen to the Transiberian Orchestra, its metal and classic, and they are amazing.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 10:45:23 am »
Folk > Classical > Country > Pop > Rock > Light Metal > Heavy Metal > Noise
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 05:50:18 am »
  • Huzzowee!
I have odd taste in music: I love both classical and metal.
Not unusual at all. In fact you can find all sort of metal/rock covers of classical music. Classical music played by a talented guitarist is just unbeatable.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 06:00:16 am »
I would recommend Flight of the Bumble Bee, Funeral March, Ode to Joy, Symphony #6, and Fur Elise.  I think my favorite was Toccata and Fugue in D minor by JS Bach though, and I think it is good if not one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 06:10:43 am by 4Sword »
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 06:36:58 am »
I would recommend Flight of the Bumble Bee, Funeral March, Ode to Joy, Symphony #6, and Fur Elise.  I think my favorite was Toccata and Fugue in D minor by JS Bach though, and I think it is good if not one of my favorites.

holy crap! I just started listening to Toccata and Fugue and recognized it immediately. I love this song! Anyway, I'll be sure to check out at least Funeral March and Symphony #6, as I'm not sure I recognize them.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 07:34:11 am »
I forgot to mention that the Funeral March can either be from Beethoven's Symphony No. 3 or Piano Sonata No. 2 in B flat minor by Fr??d??ric Chopin (as well as many other pieces).  The Chopin version exists in popular culture, mainly dealing with the Grim Reaper, and can be listened to in MID form here: http://www.visionteam.com/midi/funerl.mid
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 08:10:42 am »
  • The Broken King
Anything monotulde from Beethoven is awsome, also if you like metal/classical listen to the Transiberian Orchestra, its metal and classic, and they are amazing.

I was going to recommend the exact same thing XD
Luca Turilli/Rhapsody are also good in that sense, although very different from Transiberian Orchestra.

As for classical pieces...I liked Haydn's 'the bear'. As well as Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (I KNOW I spelled that wrong) by Mozart, although that one's VERY well known. [As is the 1812 overture, which will never be the same to me after seeing V for Vendetta. pwn movie.]

Hmm. What else. obviously, you have to know pachelbels canon already. Nothing else comes to mind atm. But I know that there are plenty of other good songs.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 54 queries.

anything