Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tutorial - How I Make My Music.  (Read 26099 times)

Re: Tutorial - How I Make My Music.
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2007, 02:43:31 am »
Hmm... I'm not too familiary with Jazz++. I know that Goodnight likes to use it, so you try asking him if it has any options regarding syncing, or... it could just plainly be your soundcard is outdated and just doesn't support that. I wouldn't take this for fact though, because I'm no expert on the technical side of music, so don't run out and buy a new soundcard just yet :P
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2007, 07:55:01 pm »
  • IBV
Just a question. When you worked with the file in non-midi format did you convert it to MP3 every time you saved it, or did you use WAV while working and then at the last step made an MP3 of it?

I need to find MIDI drivers for my soundcard for Linux D:
My signature is empty.
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2007, 08:27:14 pm »
Well, when it was saved, it would be saved as a .flp, because I worked on it in FL Studio. So I wouldn't keep an actual audio copy with me while I was working on it. When I finished though, I would of course first make a wav, which I used to encode to other lossier formats.
Re: Tutorial - How I Make My Music - Update on l...
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2007, 12:49:37 am »
Alright, I didn't really know where to put this, and I think I've made enough seperate topics for music lately, so I'll just stick this here and see if someone notices it. XD

I'm going to release the title track for Crystalline River. It's the last track off the soundtrack I'll put out before I'm done. Hope you like it.
http://www.binaryphoenix.com/projects/Music/Crystalline%20River.mp3
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2007, 01:17:56 pm »
I'm going to release the title track for Crystalline River. It's the last track off the soundtrack I'll put out before I'm done. Hope you like it.
http://www.binaryphoenix.com/projects/Music/Crystalline%20River.mp3
It sounds nice, but it doesn't really sound like a title track... I guess it's because it's too calm and short, and it's doesn't loop... I really expected more.
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2007, 06:37:35 pm »
Well, really it's just the music for the menu screen, you know, New Game, Load, Options. So most people don't spend a lot of time there anyways, and I actually felt it really fit the whole river theme. Nice and relaxing, before you go into the game and fight all this... non-relaxing stuff. Haha. Ah well, I guess I can understand where you're coming from.
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 06:44:44 am »
  • [sic]
hmmm just wondering, can you sing the sound with a microphone and then adapt it so it sounds like a song? That would really make me happy :D
Yes, you can. A program called Music Masterworks does it in real-time, and a program called AmazingMIDI (http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~araki/amazingmidi/) can convert pre-recorded WAV files, but the most effective method I've found is to use the "insert note being sung into microphone" tool in Anvil Studio, next to the insert rest button. This method allows you to redo notes and tweak them as you go along. It's far more precise but requires more musical knowledge.

DarkeSword

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2008, 06:53:16 pm »
Well, you could use a program like that to get your music down, but in the end, I think it's better to just develop your ear and learn your intervals.  That goes a long way in making it easier to transcribe what you hear in your head "onto paper" (in this case, the sequencer on your computer). XD
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 50 queries.

anything