Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [Trailer] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance (Updated: Jan 18th)  (Read 20655 times)

FelipeD

Nothing...
[Trailer] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance (Updated: ...
« on: November 22, 2011, 03:33:19 pm »
Hi
Well, first of all I introduce myself. I'm a chilean fan of some nintendo games and I decided make my own game.

It's called The Legend of Zelda, The Midnight Radiance (thanks to King Tetiro), and it's made with the Zelda LA graphic resources.

The history isn't still well defined but i can point out that you can use a magic saxophone to bring the light day or the night.
With that some enemies will get sleep at night, others will appear and a lot of changes more.

Screenshots

Trailer (finally)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFVuEp8Q00M

In conclution, I'll let you know about every progress in the proyect on this topic.
That's all. Greetings to all...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:29:29 pm by Donokron »
Re: [Screens] Zelda, The Cursed Tower
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:45:38 pm »
Looks very promising :)

thestig

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 01:05:08 am »
I liked! :D You seem to be following the GB/GBC era Zelda games quite faithfully... I believe dlbrooks33 on this forum has plenty of experience toying around with that style, as well...

That being said, I look forward to hearing more details about the game itself. It certainly does look interesting. Are these mockups?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:20:18 am by thestig »
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 02:00:58 am »
  • It's just Max.
Welcome to the forums Donokron.
How far have you progressed so far with this game, are you still in the idea phase? The screenshots look pretty nice, very true to the OOX style. Man, I loved those games. As far as the screens go, the middle one, with the flower, is a bit busy, as far as colours go it's a tad overwhelming. I'd like it if the flower was a different color, like blue or green. But you know, that's just me, I have very sensitive eyes, haha.

So the first shot, without Link, he's under the sand? That's an interesting ability, I'm sure you must have lots of sand in your game, haha. Take those mole mitts to the next level! I'd be interested to know how that'll work out.

I'm with Stig, though, are these mockups or screenshots from the game? Because if you've already got that much progress, that's great.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 03:08:46 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
I have to agree with everyone so far.  This looks really good to me!  The ability to go under the sand sounds like it could have very interesting applications.  I like it.  The screen shots look good to me as well.  From what you said it sounds like you already have some of the engin built.  If so that is great news!  I look forward to seeing more.  Keep it up!

Edit:  Just Curious...  Are you making this on GM 5?

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 01:06:58 pm »
I have to agree with everyone so far.  This looks really good to me!  The ability to go under the sand sounds like it could have very interesting applications.  I like it.  The screen shots look good to me as well.  From what you said it sounds like you already have some of the engin built.  If so that is great news!  I look forward to seeing more.  Keep it up!

Edit:  Just Curious...  Are you making this on GM 5?
That's right. I already have my engine so probably I would be able to upload a video in which you will see the playability, some abilities, etc.
I'm developing it on GM 5. I think that's all what you need to make a good retro fan game.

About the progress, I'm writting the history because the map is ready, the distribution of the items and the secondary missions too.
Obviously there will be optionals dungeons and some extras.
The screenshots are just mockups. I was testing the engine when I took those but don't worry about the progress. Those screenshots are old.
Well, that's all. Thank you for comment!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:13:10 pm by Donokron »
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 02:28:25 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Looks pleasing and sounds pretty great. And a few neat ideas. ^^
Any thoughts about a possible demo?
Anyways, good luck!

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 11:07:31 am »
Looks good, GBC style is the best of all! ^_^ Hell, LA was the first Zelda I ever played, magical!

The day and night cycle also sounds very interesting.

I notice that there is only one action button on the HUD? Does that mean the sword is a fixed button and you can only equip one secondary item? That would mean you cannot implement neat things like pegasus boots + roc's feather.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:10:04 am by TC Gamer »

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 12:35:54 pm »
Looks pleasing and sounds pretty great. And a few neat ideas. ^^
Any thoughts about a possible demo?
Anyways, good luck!
Thanks dude!! Well, about a possible demo I think it could be available the 2nd week of december with a little dungeon, perhaps.

Looks good, GBC style is the best of all! ^_^ Hell, LA was the first Zelda I ever played, magical!

The day and night cycle also sounds very interesting.

I notice that there is only one action button on the HUD? Does that mean the sword is a fixed button and you can only equip one secondary item? That would mean you cannot implement neat things like pegasus boots + roc's feather.
Yes!! I agree with you about the GBC style. The Zelda LA was my first zelda too.
About the X button you're right. The sword is a fixed button but you still can use the roc's feather running. You will see

Well, I want to show you some screenshots from the game itself, not from a mockup.
From left to right: Just fields, the dark forest and the village (included the hittable cuco)

So... that's all. Thanks for the comments

FelipeD

Nothing...
Re: [Screens] Zelda, The Light of the Night
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 03:03:01 pm »
Sirs, sorry for double post but I had to let you know that I changed the title of the game because... there's no tower!!
About the progress... It's ready the cementery and the path to get the first dungeon.
BTW the menu, the text system and the platform system are ready too.

here are some pictures for you!!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 03:51:31 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Dude. Looks nice, especially the little tweaks you've done from the game boy system style. And you're moving at a great pace!

The title, though, The Light of the Night, seems kind of awkward in that it rhymes... Maybe call it the Night's Sun, or The Moon and the Sun, or Oracle of Hours, haha, or something that doesn't rhyme? It is just really weird to say in my head.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 04:04:41 pm »
Dude. Looks nice, especially the little tweaks you've done from the game boy system style. And you're moving at a great pace!

The title, though, The Light of the Night, seems kind of awkward in that it rhymes... Maybe call it the Night's Sun, or The Moon and the Sun, or Oracle of Hours, haha, or something that doesn't rhyme? It is just really weird to say in my head.

Maybe "The Midnight Radiance"? I dunno I'm not good at suggesting names
  • Phoenix Heart

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 06:19:37 pm »
I'm not good at suggesting names
Seriously!!?? "The Midnight Radiance" sounds great. I'm gonna think more about an appropriated name but I really liked it. Thanks dude

Thanks dude!! Well... I'm progressing fast because I had lot of free time last weekend but the next one won't be so productive :(

Well... that's all. Thanks for the comments

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 06:36:58 pm »
Seriously!!?? "The Midnight Radiance" sounds great. I'm gonna think more about an appropriated name but I really liked it. Thanks dude

Thanks dude!! Well... I'm progressing fast because I had lot of free time last weekend but the next one won't be so productive :(

Oh right well feel free to ask for my aid in the future for title names lol Didn't expect "The Midnight Radiance" to be sounding so great!

How goes the progress?
  • Phoenix Heart

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »

Oh right well feel free to ask for my aid in the future for title names lol Didn't expect "The Midnight Radiance" to be sounding so great!

How goes the progress?
Well... I've thinking a lot about the name (...) and definetly "The Midnight Radiance" is just beautiful
King Tetiro... if I need help with any name or something like that I won't hesitate to ask for your advice (now I've to change my userbar now lol).

About the progress I've done the path (except for the dialogues) until the entrance to the first dungeon but that's just the beginning (perhaps 10%). But the main engine (dialogues, chests, some enemies, playability, etc) is finished.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 09:08:36 pm »
Well... I've thinking a lot about the name (...) and definetly "The Midnight Radiance" is just beautiful
King Tetiro... if I need help with any name or something like that I won't hesitate to ask for your advice (now I've to change my userbar now lol).

About the progress I've done the path (except for the dialogues) until the entrance to the first dungeon but that's just the beginning (perhaps 10%). But the main engine (dialogues, chests, some enemies, playability, etc) is finished.

Then feel free to have the name. The problem with projects is that if it has a weird name, people steer clear and this project looks like alot of potential. So Im more than happy to produce a decent title name.

Oh right that's pretty damn good progress! Bravo sir!
  • Phoenix Heart
Re: [Screens] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 04:59:30 am »
First, it was The Cursed Tower. Then, it was The Light of Night. Now, it is The Midnight Radiance?
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:

FelipeD

Nothing...
Re: [Screens] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 01:18:22 pm »
First, it was The Cursed Tower. Then, it was The Light of Night. Now, it is The Midnight Radiance?
That's right. Beautiful name, isn't it??  XD
Seriously that will be the final name. In fact I'm already working (again) on the title screen

FelipeD

Nothing...
Re: [Video] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 01:17:07 pm »
sirs, I want to let you know I uploaded a little video showing a little bit of playability.
You can find it in the first post.
That's all... greetings to all of you!!
Re: [Video] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 07:02:46 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Video looks nice. I am curious, though, when you hit the zombies, do they take damage each time? It looked like you hit each a couple times and they deflected it (they didn't flash or anything) before one of your hits connected and killed them.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 77 queries.