Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Demo 2!  (Read 25924 times)

Re: Demo 2!
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 04:14:32 pm »
Would be great if you could upload a fixed version so that we can test further :)
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 08:15:14 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Back to testing this!

So yeah, famerate is consistently feeling like I'm walking in slow motion and laggy and stuff.
When there isn't much going on, Update time is in the 4-6 range, draw time in the 190-200 range.
When there's enemies or NPCs, I'm getting Updates in the 9-12 range, and draw times in the 300-450 range.

For CPU and RAM info, check this post, I'm doing everything on the same laptop as the last demo, running everything the same way: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=41451.msg450633#msg450633

Anyway, I'm playing around and finding some more interesting stuff. I could easily duplicate the "talking to the man on the bench makes Rumpelstiltskin disappear" thing. Since you can walk around while dialogue boxes are taking place I even went up to see him while still talking to the bench man, and yep, as soon as I finished the dialogue he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Another issue I noticed is that not only does the left arrow fire the bow, but the right arrow does also.

If you jump off the ledge onto the roof of Ingo's shop (I really like this feature! Although it has this issue.) you find yourself in a state where it seems like no collisions matter. You can walk through anything, although it looks like the higher elevation levels of Hyrule Town are still "above" you, but you can walk under them fine. You don't collide with snakes either. I walked around in a weird circle once and it seemed like some random collision masks or whatever mattered, I could walk many but not all places. I could do a big loop and jump down the same place twice before I ever hit the "ground" level. But everything reset to normal once I jumped off Ingo's Pawn shops's roof.

After I was playing for a while, I heard the wolf howl from Majora's Mask. I don't know if the in game clock turned it to night (no visible effect), or if my fiancee's phone is just somewhere in my room, that's her text notification sound.

Also, I was thinking- I feel like it's a dumb workaround that might just cause more problems, but I could probably get a .ogg file of the Hyrule Town music with one extra beat in it, but I feel like that probably isn't the best idea because it's probably not off by exactly one beat, and it's like a messy duct-tape-and-two-by-fours kind of solution that isn't really fixing any problems exactly.

So I wandered around town checking things out. I found a few tiling/layering issues, I'll try to post some screenshots too.

Just to the left of the woman who's concerned about her cats is a tile that seems to be higher than Link.

In addition to the grass just south of Blind's Vault being above Link, the short little building it's in is all below him, walls and roof.

Then I got stuck in the Postage and Trading Company building, which I figure we'll get sorted out once the second floor is built.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:19:10 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2016, 10:00:40 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
It's gotta be due to your gpu.  I haven't had anyone with an integrated chip test yet.  I'm gonna need to look into how to optimize for that.

As for the other issues, I've fixed a few of the ones you mentioned.  Most of the tiling errors are fixed, but I see you found a few new ones!

Also, I was thinking- I feel like it's a dumb workaround that might just cause more problems, but I could probably get a .ogg file of the Hyrule Town music with one extra beat in it, but I feel like that probably isn't the best idea because it's probably not off by exactly one beat, and it's like a messy duct-tape-and-two-by-fours kind of solution that isn't really fixing any problems exactly.

This is a potential fix, but I want to see what the Monogame devs say first

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 02:24:43 am »
Made a few updates to the demo

EDIT: hey max, one more thing! can you open up task manager while running and get me the average cpu usage for the exe?

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 08:34:53 am »
I think something went wrong during compilation (see atachment).
Shoot arrow bug with the right arrow key is not fixed. Game broke after 4 seconds when I went into a house and pressed more than one button at the same time (I think it was wasd+space). Afterwards I really didn't want to start again as the gamebreaks everytime before I can really start playing it.  :o
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 08:36:47 am by 4ndaKava »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 10:29:08 am »
  • .越//
Demo 2.1:

- I don't have the Problem with the screenshot above my post
- if the player enters a house the "black screen" comes 2x and sometimes the player character shows the "walk down" animation, spawn issues still like 2.0
- the well still has no collision, stairs right of the well have layer above the player
- design issue: the hanging flowers (and shields?) should cast a shadow on the ground
- flatroof buildings are soild from the back, other than many other buildings where you can get "behind"

screenshot:

1 - someone should change the tiles so that the roof is seperated from the house
2 - Tile Layer Issue
3,4 - Collision Issue (4 = all chairs)
5 - Collision Issue or Design Choice?
6 - The Light in the Doors is with the big black chunk above the player when entering... it should be unter him or at least without the blackness
7 - Collision: the gate is blocking the taller building like the red lines show
8 - Stickhead Layer Issue
9 - i guess that the npc is just deko? otherwise layer/collision issue
10 - Tile Issue "Black Hole", Level Issue: You cant get out again
11 - No Stairs, the Player goes under the ground and byond level boundaries
12 - Layer~~~
13 - Through the Stairs behind the wall and beyond
14 - Collision: you can go onto some boxes others not and not behind any of them
15 - Collision: thats not how you supposed to go through a gate
16 - Layer
17 - Tiling Issue: What are those?!

by the way: your data even says Rumple xD

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 03:05:28 pm »
Please read the first post, only the issues which I mentioned there were fixed.  As for the post office, I expect it to be fairly obvious that this area is not complete.  I'm correcting the other tiling issues you spotted

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 03:24:49 pm »
I think something went wrong during compilation (see atachment).
Shoot arrow bug with the right arrow key is not fixed. Game broke after 4 seconds when I went into a house and pressed more than one button at the same time (I think it was wasd+space). Afterwards I really didn't want to start again as the gamebreaks everytime before I can really start playing it.  :o

I double checked the release to make sure it went up correctly and am unable to replicate these.  Are you sure you're running the correct exe? xD

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 07:36:08 pm »
I couldn't replicate it either XD

Well, I started again, didn't press any buttons to avoid crashes and voila, it didn't crash.
However there are a few places where I got stuck and I also found some other errors.

1. layer
2. 3. 4. walk through walls (climbed up the wall in the slum)
5. layer
6. layer
7. layer
8. Can't leave the house but can walk through the wall
9. Can enter the house from that position
10. layer
11. Can walk through the "bridge"
12. entered the house near to the well in the "rich area", can't do anything
13. layer
14. layer
15. layer
16. layer
17. Shouldn't be able to walk there + 18. can walk through walls from there on
19. again, walking through walls
20. layer

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 07:39:42 pm »
Addition (limit is 20 atachments)  >:D

1. layer
2. door missing
3. layer
4. walk through walls again
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 09:30:32 pm »
it looks like you may still be running an old version, a bunch of those tiling issues are now fixed.  But I'm looking at the others!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 09:38:03 pm »
  • .越//
it looks like you may still be running an old version, a bunch of those tiling issues are now fixed.  But I'm looking at the others!

you may want to link the 2.1 in your post... i had to search it too

edit: nevermind, i hate it when people say such a thing when they could do it themselves in the same time

https://github.com/ZFGCCP/kot-mono/releases/tag/Demo2.1
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:40:11 pm by dotyue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2016, 12:14:49 am »
  • www.mouffers.com

you may want to link the 2.1 in your post... i had to search it too

edit: nevermind, i hate it when people say such a thing when they could do it themselves in the same time

https://github.com/ZFGCCP/kot-mono/releases/tag/Demo2.1

Well it's a darn good thing you can do it yourself!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 02:21:41 am »
Don't know if it was mentioned before but it bothers me that link cannot move when he bends the bow.
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 04:21:27 am »
Nope, not mentioned yet!  Will keep that in mind.

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 02:14:53 am »
  • Evil's origin begins in TLOZ AO...
Great to see this project is still being worked on.  The town looks amazing.  Great job guys!
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 03:57:38 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Cool, just played the 2.1 demo, but I don't think I saw much of the content. I got stuck in a house and there was no exit trigger on the doorway or something, so I couldn't leave.... :P

Maybe I'll give the demo another go later. I just don't know what's programmed and what's not and aimlessly wandering around is a bit boring/tedious. I ended up going to a bunch of incomplete places in the town instead of finding what the demo has to offer. Since it is just a demo, it would be nice to have a walkthrough of some kind to help people find all of the content. Unless there is one and I'm just Blind.
  • My Music
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 12:13:13 pm »
Hey Frozen. The first quest is to kill all the snakes which are in the slums. Afterwards you go into the shop in the slums and steal the powder. This triggers the boss fight. That is basically it for the demo.
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 02:37:06 pm »
In addition to the above, there are 6 snakes to be killed and all are in the slums

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2016, 12:57:40 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Oh duh, so you guys mean I'm supposed to literally do what the text very clearly implies if I read it and remember it?.... Yes? Ah.... wow, my bad. I guess the problem was that I always avoid doing what I'm told to do in Zelda games and instead I go look around. XD I did try to fight the snakes later, but at that point I had messed up the layer in which Link was at (because I went outside of the bounds of the area and came back in) and I couldn't kill the snakes when I came back to where they were at, and by that time I kinda forgot what the beginning text said, haha, I'm an idiot.

So anyway, on another note, I tried to shoot this man with an arrow and I received this error as punishment.  >:D Actually, I got the error again when I tried shooting an arrow at a wall in there, so I guess it just doesn't like the player to shoot arrows while in the shop?

Anyway, I did fight the boss and 'beat' the demo now. I can say it's cool to see the CP becoming something playable, but it's obviously still quite a work in progress, so no crits from me, just a "keep on doing whatcha doing".

The game was using roughly 10-11% CPU for me, btw. No idea if this info is useful at all though. Just randomly saying so.  :P
  • My Music
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 76 queries.

anything