Zelda Online is my new project including multiplayer features like Four Swords.
Goal of this project is to create a multiplayer game in which each of you can interact together, solve puzzles etc. The maps in which you play will be created by the community or yourself(see section "Level Editor").
- Host/Join a game(Each player has a name and a colored tunic, no player limit)
showing hosted games(If you have nodody to play with)
- Ingame chat(Press "C" to open console. Remembers the last three messages sent)
- Zelda gameplay a lá Minish Cap
- 10+ items(Not all finished, see "Progress" section)
- Enemies and NPC's(Work in progress, as well)
- Level Editor(Not included yet, see "Level Editor" section)
- XBox 360 Controller support(Needs to be plugged in before the game starts)
Not all pictures are up to date and yes, the skull is a bug!
Let's Play by SpritingBrad(Spanisch Commentary). Click here
to see the full playlist.
- Player synchronization(Works)
- Obstacle synchronization(WIP)
- NPC synchronization(WIP)
- Chat(Sometimes a message will not be sent if you send a message while the chat is fading out)
- Website(Works, hosted games are shown. Bug: Sometimes dead hosts are shown)
- Lobby browser ingame(Not implemented yet)
- Level editor(Works, not available yet)
|Bombs||Can be lifted, exploding after some seconds. Can be put into inventory if not thrown.||Works|
|Frostfire Boomerang||Turns water to ice, damages enemies(freezing only working against chuchus)||Not visible|
|Bottle||Catch/Release water and drink potions||Works|
|Bracelet||Lift heavy things||Works|
|Cane of Somaria||Create/Remove a block||Not visible|
|Roc's cape||Jump, no, FLY!||Works|
|Hammer||Strong attack weapon||Works|
|Lamp||Bring light into darkness||Works|
|Magnetgloves||Be attracted by magnet objects||Works|
|Ocarina||Play a song||Works|
|Pegasus Boots||Move fast, fast double tap on a direction to use||Works|
|Slingshot||Slingshot not visible, fires a deku nut||Not visible|
|Telescope||See further||Not needed|
The level editor won't be included at first but it is planned and partly implemented.
You will create your own level with Tiled
, a common map editor. You can use each tileset you want, but will be limited to these objects:
Of course there will be more objects, but currently there are no more.
After the map is done you can convert your map with the help of a tool in a .lvl file. This file is readed by Game Maker and you can play with your friends in your own map.
A more detailed explanation how this will work will come when I introduce level editor.
The game can be downloaded from the official website
Each time you start the game the game will check if it is up to date and inform you if you need to update the game. The game saves automatically after entering a new room.
If you have nobody to play look at the official website, there you find all games which are currently hosted. Since there are not much level editor maps yet you will play in Aurelia
Not all multiplayer features are included, but it is enough for the first release.
- Website: http://rayo.bplaced.net/zelda-online
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ZeldaOnlineGame
- Help! Nobody can join my game.
Make sure that the host set up a new firewall rule for this game. Furthermore, the host must forward his port. An alternative way is the use of tools like Hamachi.
There is a detailed thread about how to make sure that other people can join your game. Click here
to see it.
- Are there official servers?
Currently, no. Every now and then I am hosting a server but I don't want to run the game the whole time. Especially because this game is still in alpha status and a lot of errors occur so that the server would crash.
- Can I play this game offline?
Yes, you don't need internet to play in Singleplayer mode. And of course, nobody will join your game.
- I have a fast computer but the game still runs slow. What to do?
Sometimes there is a leak of memory or another problem due to other applications. Restart Windows.
- Will there be a MAC or Linux version of the game?
No, this game was supposed to be Windows-only. But if you use Wine
you could play it on Linux.
Nintendo(the Legend of Zelda franchise, various sprites and sounds from various official Zelda titles)
Ruven Wegner(Title and menu music, Youtube
EoA Team: Rayo(Coding), Gonken(various sprites), InvertedMean(Music and sound)