Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NCFC 2016 Booth Registration is Open.  (Read 21657 times)

NCFC 2016 Booth Registration is Open.
« on: September 02, 2016, 08:35:37 pm »
Ah, I have been busy for a while, so I have not had the chance to get all social-media crazy on this, but I did want to make sure you folks know that NCFC booth regs are open.

http://nintendocfc.com/

As of this posting there are about 25 days left. Excuse the short notice.
Re: NCFC 2016 Booth Registration is Open.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 12:07:30 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
thanks for the update! :)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 12:08:11 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Perfect opportunity for Nintendo to issue DMCAs to everyone in attendance...
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 03:33:50 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Perfect opportunity for Nintendo to issue DMCAs to everyone in attendance...

Exactly, that's why I am a bit neutral on joining or not. Nintendo went after a project like the pokemon game and metroid, both of which that had underwent years of development and such.
This is why I make sure my game remains in a dead state, when it truly isn't, on the side, showing a non-Nintendo project.
I, and I am sure many more, have come waaaay to far with their development of said project to be stopped by Nintendo's legal team, so much for creativity.  >:(

Speaking of Nintendo, just about a month ago, they went after one of my old, noob youtube videos, for twilight princess music, vid wasn't taken down, but I got notice that Nintendo wants revenue from the video from 6 years back.... Those monsters...
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 12:54:08 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Yeah, what monsters for trying to protect their own creative content.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 09:41:30 am »
  • Idk
They are the worst kind of monsters as well! Damn you Nintendo for protecting your IP's!

On a more serious note, c'mon guys. There are a lot of creative minds here on this forum and I'm actually surprised that there are so few original projects on this site. I've been over at the TIG-forums and wow, the projects over on that site is crazy. I would love to see that kind of creativity on this site as well. So, don't be mad at Nintendo for protecting their own content, I bet you guys would be pissed if someone tried to leech on your content as well.

EDIT: I'm not pointing any fingers haha. Since I've been working on fan games as well, but I came to a realisation that hey, if I can come up with cool and original stuff that could make a fan game good and come somewhat close to making it feel like the real deal, then why not make something completely original and actually get my name out there in the industry. I can say that making an indie game is so much easier now then it was a couple of years back. Now we got Steam Greenlight, Kickstarter, Indiegogo and such.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:06:02 pm by Sinkin »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 01:20:16 pm »
  • .越//
There are a lot of creative minds here on this forum and I'm actually surprised that there are so few original projects on this site. I've been over at the TIG-forums and wow, the projects over on that site is crazy. I would love to see that kind of creativity on this site as well.

Actually, original projects are alot harder to realise... i write for quit some time the lore for one and its too less to show anyone xD

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 04:42:22 pm »
Which reminds me, has there been any situation in the past whereas a fan game really harmed Nintendo in some way? I know there is intimidation from a fan made project, but I don’t know if there was a project that had harmed Nintendo in the past.

All in all, if it looks really good, Nintendo will take it down, example, super Mario 64 remake, if it generates revenue, Nintendo will definitely take it down, ex. gamejolt games/flappy bird, if it gains popularity, same end result, Zelda maker.

On a side-note, I do know that oot-2d is somewhat alive, only in facebook though, but haven’t seen much of Sage on youtube. Also it turns out Nintendo is going through channels on Youtube now just to generate revenue or remove from your videos. I had a vid up 6-7 years ago I made and it was claimed that I was using TP music HD…. In like 2009 when the HD edition came out 2016? 0_o

Pretty weird, huh.

Also Sega is kind to it's fans:
http://kotaku.com/sega-takes-shot-at-nintendo-encourages-fans-to-keep-ma-1786527246

They are the worst kind of monsters as well! Damn you Nintendo for protecting your IP's!

On a more serious note, c'mon guys. There are a lot of creative minds here on this forum and I'm actually surprised that there are so few original projects on this site. I've been over at the TIG-forums and wow, the projects over on that site is crazy. I would love to see that kind of creativity on this site as well. So, don't be mad at Nintendo for protecting their own content, I bet you guys would be pissed if someone tried to leech on your content as well.

EDIT: I'm not pointing any fingers haha. Since I've been working on fan games as well, but I came to a realisation that hey, if I can come up with cool and original stuff that could make a fan game good and come somewhat close to making it feel like the real deal, then why not make something completely original and actually get my name out there in the industry. I can say that making an indie game is so much easier now then it was a couple of years back. Now we got Steam Greenlight, Kickstarter, Indiegogo and such.
Yes protecting their IP, but some fans just got a way of expressing how much they like a game franchise. In a way I understand people like on gamejolt who were generating revenue from said games. 500+ games tho, that's a lot.

But yeah making an original idea isn't easy. That takes time if you are starting from scratch.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:45:41 pm by Zhello »
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder

1.6 Demo -

Side Projects:

Aero88

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 04:53:00 pm »
  • .越//
But yeah making an original idea isn't easy. That takes time if you are starting from scratch.

Thats what i've meant... the idea itself is easy, but to detail the content that its consistent is very hard! i rewrote a realm several times, just because my research was heading in another direction than what i've expected.
Other than a Story /Background infos of an original IP are things like the graphic style the UI design and gameplay... there is just everything to consider where fangames have an existing ground to change up ;)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 07:23:18 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Which reminds me, has there been any situation in the past whereas a fan game really harmed Nintendo in some way? I know there is intimidation from a fan made project, but I don’t know if there was a project that had harmed Nintendo in the past.

All in all, if it looks really good, Nintendo will take it down, example, super Mario 64 remake, if it generates revenue, Nintendo will definitely take it down, ex. gamejolt games/flappy bird, if it gains popularity, same end result, Zelda maker.

On a side-note, I do know that oot-2d is somewhat alive, only in facebook though, but haven’t seen much of Sage on youtube. Also it turns out Nintendo is going through channels on Youtube now just to generate revenue or remove from your videos. I had a vid up 6-7 years ago I made and it was claimed that I was using TP music HD…. In like 2009 when the HD edition came out 2016? 0_o

Pretty weird, huh.

Also Sega is kind to it's fans:
http://kotaku.com/sega-takes-shot-at-nintendo-encourages-fans-to-keep-ma-1786527246

Yes protecting their IP, but some fans just got a way of expressing how much they like a game franchise. In a way I understand people like on gamejolt who were generating revenue from said games. 500+ games tho, that's a lot.

Coming from someone who has worked in this industry for years, and has helped/made indie games on the side, it's easier than it looks. It's not impossible. Nintendo cannot copyright mechanics. Think about that. You want to make a Zelda fangame? Write the engine for the base mechanics (or hire someone to do it). Code everything up, the UI, and everything. Black box that !@#$%. Come up with the story and everything later, all the art can be done later. THEN make it unique.

If you can put a lot of time in a fan game and make it great, you can do the same with your own ideas.

I'm not saying it's easy, but it's sort of a cop out to blame Nintendo for your own lack of creativity, you know?

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 08:24:43 pm »
True. Some with the focus of making this mario game or that pokemon game then get a sudden take down just don't come up with ideas easily afterwards. There are others who have a plan if anything like this were to happen, like Dream Mix's project for example.

I ran into one video sometime ago some dude was saying if they take down his game, he's done with game making lol, but I guess some people don't consider making their own thing aka have a plan B then again some people know the risk of making a fan-made project from the beginning.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder

1.6 Demo -

Side Projects:

Aero88

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 11:32:18 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
True. Some with the focus of making this mario game or that pokemon game then get a sudden take down just don't come up with ideas easily afterwards. There are others who have a plan if anything like this were to happen, like Dream Mix's project for example.

I ran into one video sometime ago some dude was saying if they take down his game, he's done with game making lol, but I guess some people don't consider making their own thing aka have a plan B then again some people know the risk of making a fan-made project from the beginning.

Equally, if you do want to continue fan-gaming, just don't publish the exe publicly online. You could always send it over to some people to show off your work, or put screenshots or something (I don't think Nintendo goes apeshit over screens).

And what? Wow that guy! Game making is painful, and honestly making your own thing is like 10000% cooler.
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 06:13:15 am »
Making an original game is hard work and honestly: I've already got a full time job. Yes, originallity is cooler and all that. But there is always a downside in terms of cost (=time etc). Larger then what I'm willing to invest into a hobby. It's easy to say people should change their plans but then I think that converting to another engine has already taken me over 2 extra years. (Also I suck at spriting so going fully original is not very plausible right now). Finally, not everybody is in it for money righ now (being that hobby and all). I'm pretty content just making "unoriginal" stuff if people end up enjoying it. And knowing that I build+own a custom engine.

Personally I'm not worried about Nintendo. Those that receive DMCA's have tried to make money of their resources (=how stupid can you be), or have made games so good that it competes with Nintendo in the sense that it raises the bar on their projects (=it's harder to ask money for a game worse then mere fangames of the same IP now can you). Making money is a choice and I don't believe most/my project(s) are THAT good.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:16:21 am by Martijn dh »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 12:51:50 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Making an original game is hard work and honestly: I've already got a full time job. Yes, originallity is cooler and all that. But there is always a downside in terms of cost (=time etc). Larger then what I'm willing to invest into a hobby. It's easy to say people should change their plans but then I think that converting to another engine has already taken me over 2 extra years. (Also I suck at spriting so going fully original is not very plausible right now). Finally, not everybody is in it for money righ now (being that hobby and all). I'm pretty content just making "unoriginal" stuff if people end up enjoying it. And knowing that I build+own a custom engine.

Personally I'm not worried about Nintendo. Those that receive DMCA's have tried to make money of their resources (=how stupid can you be), or have made games so good that it competes with Nintendo in the sense that it raises the bar on their projects (=it's harder to ask money for a game worse then mere fangames of the same IP now can you). Making money is a choice and I don't believe most/my project(s) are THAT good.

I never said you had to make money lol. It's just one of the many arguments as to why making something original is much better than making a fangame. I'm not saying people should just get up and stop, I mean christ I'm an admin here and I'm helping on a community FAN GAME. If you re-read you'll notice that I'm literally just listing reasons as to why originality is better if you want to dodge Nintendo.

I understand the difficulties of dealing with a hobby when you have a full-time job, man. Come on lol.
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 05:03:26 pm »
My point was not to say that you were wrong or that your arguments were wrong, but rather that there are plenty of equally vallid counter arguments not to do so. Discussions about originality with strong opinions erks me a little because of how easy the comment to change can be made while listening would result in tons and tons of extra work (which like I said in my previous post) people might not want. If we're however talking about not already having a private project and wanting to start something new... then I'm onboard with your comments Starforsaken101.

Also, my last post was made early morning right before work. So if it came across as crude or something: there is your reason. XD
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 63 queries.