Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recruiting for project: Legend of Zelda:Shadows of the Past  (Read 2695 times)

Recruiting for project: Legend of Zelda:Shadows ...
« on: October 18, 2007, 04:05:20 am »
You may or may not have seen my topic in Zelda Ideas and Literature.
I am beginning work on this project.  I already have begun spriting and coding.
The game is going to play as a mix with Zelda LttP and Sword of Mana.
Combat will be based on SoM, but health and magic meter will be based on LttP.
Item usage will also be based on LttP.
What I need help with:
Music Composer-I need someone who can either create original music with a feeling of both LttP and SoM..or can remix music from both games to give it the same feeling.

Sound Ripper-I have no idea how to rip sounds from GBA roms.  I've looked it up about a dozen times with no success.  I know I can find LttP sound effects but I want someone who can rip Sword of Mana sounds.

Story-I have the story already,but I just want someone I can bounce it off of to refine it.

Spriters-I have already begun work, but help is appreciated.  Mostly dealing with converting enemies into a SoM style from LttP and maybe ripping some tiles from SoM...

Coding-Just someone to mentor me if I have a question.  I am going to try to do this with GM6.1, but my skills aren't exactly awesome.  I will be going over multiple examples that are here and at other sites.  If all else fails, I will be doing this with MMF 1.5, which I do not need help with.^^

I know that sounds like alot but, you can see I have already started and I intend to finish.

PM or reply.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: Recruiting for project: Legend of Zelda:Shad...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 08:46:08 am »
  • Silly cat!
I'd be willing to hear what you've got in the story department, and possibly giving you some advice on what you can improve, and what you've done well... if you like.

You can show me what you've got over MSN, or you can just PM me ;D.

Hoffy.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 11:32:37 pm »
Come on, guys....I need mostly a spriter/pixel artist badly!  Just for a few things at the moment such as: title screen, face portraits, and converting Alttp enemies into a Sword of Mana style.
That's it!  I just need like a few generic enemies at the moment.

I can handle the other needs I have for now.  I just need a spriter/artist.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 11:37:37 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
I can do edits, HUDs and MAYBE titlescreen(by putting edits/customs together) in the GFX section.
  I also want to code, as long as we stay with GM6
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 11:48:23 pm »
I can do edits, HUDs and MAYBE titlescreen(by putting edits/customs together) in the GFX section.
Wow...I never expected anyone to want to help code.  Seriously.  Definitely! I use GM 6.1 so we are good there and I could use your spriting skills as well.  You have a preference of communication?  I use MSN, PM, and google when I'm logged in.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 12:52:54 am »
  • Minalien
Whenever you get on, accept my buddy list add on MSN, I have something I can offer to help out with this project.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:56:16 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Wow...I never expected anyone to want to help code.  Seriously.  Definitely! I use GM 6.1 so we are good there and I could use your spriting skills as well.  You have a preference of communication?  I use MSN, PM, and google when I'm logged in.
I prefer PM, but I'll try to have a IM working soon.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 07:12:40 am »
  • Minalien
I'm playing Secret of Mana right now. Tomorrow I'll go ahead and whip up a walking demo in C#/XNA tomorrow if you want to see some of my work before taking me as the main programmer (as we discussed earlier).
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 07:20:39 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
I'm playing Secret of Mana right now. Tomorrow I'll go ahead and whip up a walking demo in C#/XNA tomorrow if you want to see some of my work before taking me as the main programmer (as we discussed earlier).
Aren't we doing it in GM6?
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 07:25:17 am »
  • Minalien
Not if he decides to have me step in. It's nothing personal, it's just that C#/XNA/TorqueX is a lot more powerful than Game maker, and there's a lot more that we can do.

Anyways, I just got done playing a bit (I just got back to the village after getting the sword), and I've realized something. Although I haven't played Secret of Mana, I have played Secret of Evermore for the SNES, they use the same engine (I have no clue if they're actually in the same series or not, but anyways). I loved that game, and I'd feel more than just comfortable programming a game like this. I'll get to work on a walking demo tomorrow morning after I get some breakfast, then finish it up and let you see it after I get out of my classes tomorrow. I'm looking forward to working with you on this project even more now that I've learned this :P I love the Secret of Mana/Evermore engine XP

• Development Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 09:50:35 pm »
Regarding the matter, I would like of you to bring something to the table.  MiN is good with XNA.  LynkW, I would really appreciate help with graphics.  Although, if you feel that you can whip up something of equal or better value than MiN, by all means, show me something.  I have already chatted with MiN and he won't take it personally if I still decide to go GM6.  My walking demo is in GM6,but that is just a walk demo.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 01:41:00 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
The only backside of doing C# or whatever is if MiN quits, were screwed, since more peeps here know GM.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 02:08:37 am »
The only backside of doing C# or whatever is if MiN quits, were screwed, since more peeps here know GM.
True.  Let me know when you want me to send you what I have accomplished thus far.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 03:49:22 am »
  • Minalien
Hmm... I'm not going to quit on a project like this, but I do see where deployment would become a big problem... !@#$%, I hadn't thought about that, because there's a high chance of me being deployed to Iraq :/

I think that it'd be best for you to stick with GM6 then, on the count of the possibility of me being deployed. Sorry things didn't work out as planned.

• Development Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 03:51:45 am »
Hmm... I'm not going to quit on a project like this, but I do see where deployment would become a big problem... !@#$%, I hadn't thought about that, because there's a high chance of me being deployed to Iraq :/

I think that it'd be best for you to stick with GM6 then, on the count of the possibility of me being deployed. Sorry things didn't work out as planned.
Not a problem...lol...I may one day get deployed to Iraq as well...  Do you have any communication via internet while in basic training?  Else, I won't be able to do anything in about 2 weeks....
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 04:24:58 am »
  • Minalien
Yeah right, like your Drill Instructors (Sorry, I guess it's Drill Sergeants in the Army) would let you get internet access even if you COULD XD. Nope, it's training day in and day out for you :P

• Development Blog

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 11:26:28 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol no internets until you're in school for your military career choice :P Its only 2 months... without internet... electronics... anything cool.... you know the drill lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 73 queries.

anything