Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buzz sound on Microphone.  (Read 984 times)

Buzz sound on Microphone.
« on: July 05, 2007, 01:21:12 am »
Ok, well I purchased a 70$ headset that was attached with a mike around a year ago. Everytime I record, you can hear a distinct buzzing noise. When I record music you can't really hear it, but it still annoys me. I've turned my recording level volume down and it still doesn't do the trick. I've tried a 9$ headset as well and I still get buzzing (not that that helps much ^__^)
Any help?
Re: Buzz sound on Microphone.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 06:17:46 am »
  • that old name
Ok, well I purchased a 70$ headset that was attached with a mike around a year ago. Everytime I record, you can hear a distinct buzzing noise. When I record music you can't really hear it, but it still annoys me. I've turned my recording level volume down and it still doesn't do the trick. I've tried a 9$ headset as well and I still get buzzing (not that that helps much ^__^)
Any help?
While I don't know the quality of the $9 headset, ..this could mean that it's your sound card/input that is causing the buzzing!

Does your sound card have an input labeled "Line In"? (assuming that you're currently using the input that says "Mic")

If so, try connecting your headset to that input[Line In], then go into the Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices --> Audio, and click "Volume" in the "Sound recording" Section. Now, check the "Select" box under "Line In", and make sure there's volume. This will tell Windows, and programs running under Windows, to "listen" on this Audio Input[Line In]. If "Line In" wasn't an option, then go to Options --> Properties, and make sure that "Line In" is selected/checked.

If this does nothing, or makes it worse: simply reverse the above instructions, and ..that's all the help I have D:.

[The above instructions may differ if your Sound Card uses its own software]
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 01:20:29 pm »
I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong. This is how you should fix it in Windows Vista, I dunz know if it'll work with yours. Go into the Control Panel (Classic View). Open up the "Sound" window. Go into the "Recording" tab. Select your microphone, click on properties, and uncheck "Microphone Boost".

That should do it :D.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 09:54:30 pm »
I totally forgot about this topic. XD
I'll try everything out and edit my post. Thanks guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 41 queries.