Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instrument implimation  (Read 1654 times)

Instrument implimation
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:40:00 am »
Hello, i have been designing a Zelda game for a decent amount of time, and whats starting to bug me is the closeness i feel to OOT2D projects. I'm having that in that kind of style, and the game play is like LTTP with some more features(like rolling and such) and most of the items are OOT like(i have iron boots and hover boots, although they are used in completely different ways.) and i was looking for an instrument to put in my game. but the thing is my mind is stuck on the ocarina playing of OOT. even if i take some random instrument i have a feeling the coding would come out to be something that plays like the ocarina. so i came here to see if someones had some idea sitting around that they feel they would want to use. any ideas? an instrument or how an instrument is played or what it does. i really enjoyed the hero harp from SS, but hated the limited use of it. you did not even get to play, just shake the remote to a beat. oh well. enough rambling. any ideas would be great. i wanted something goddess related. because to open your way to the master sword link has to find 3 pendants to power this instrument to open the door. so something that would maybe be an instrument that could slightly upgrade each time? but what im more looking for is a unique way of playing that instrument.. so its not too restricted, but not confuzingly open either. thank you all,
-Whitay

EDIT: im sorry. this what meant to go into discussion. wrong forum.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:48:32 am by Whitay »
Re: Instrument implimation
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:30:23 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Hmm, well having pendants to "power up" an instrument makes no sense. NOT TO SAY that anything in zelda makes much sense, but you could do something slightly more connected, like having a harp/viola/guitar/whatever, and you have to find three strings to string the instrument so you could play it.
I don't really have any good ideas about how the instrument could be played differently, though, other than having a timing mechanism, like wolf link's howls in TP or kinda like guitar hero, because those are essentially the same mechanism. You have to press the proper note as the measure goes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:13:56 pm »
the power up idea was vauge, just like these three pendants combine power with the instrument for the instruments music to have a magical effect and open the door. i phrased it wrong i guess. who knows. and thats a good idea. im going with the heros harp, but going to make it more playable, with the freeness of the ocarina almost. do you think using something simmilar to how the ocarina plays would be cool? or go with something like the wolfs howl(but that might not make sense, since you play the instrument, while on what you mentioned your trying to copy something, and match the pitch or whatever. so im not sure how to put that into a harp..)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:29:06 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Well, I wasn't really referring to the copying aspect as much as I was to the timed aspect. Besides having to play the notes in the right order, you have to play them at the right time. :/
For the harp, I feel like a free-style kind of ocarina would be better. Like, you have the keys wertyuio each correspond to a note in a scale, or as far as the fact that it's a harp goes, each would correspond to a different string. Then the player could pretty much put together any melody, as long as it's in the scale you choose.
I'd recommend NOT using a plan ol' major scale, though, that would be kinda boring, and not fit with the harp as well.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 02:09:32 am »
Ill have the buttons like the ocarina, just have like 4 strings or whatever. maybe 3 strings and one button, which would change the pitch, having 3 buttons for 6 strings. that may be over complicated because im trying to keep it simple. and yes im going to find something to be different then the plain major scale. thanks for your input, ill see what i can whip up soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 45 queries.

anything