Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: President of '08?  (Read 10995 times)

Re: President of '08?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 09:12:23 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
(Possum, I know you're straining not to reply to that, but tell me what hes done that has been successful and not-harming to anyone? No Child Left Behind *wrong* thats why a Bunch of states.. including Utah *cough* wants to rid of it, risking its federal Education aid.)
Yeah, that's because Utah's messed it up.  Like honestly, I'd want it out of here too if I was the state legislature.  Doesn't mean the president's idea is bad... just that Utah handled it poorly (remember, the states make up their own tests and criteria).

I could name a number of things.  The 04-05 tax cuts... 2005's a favorite year that conservatives like to cite in furthering their point of "Reaganomics".  Intelligence reform proposals... lots of stuff that NEVER gets talked about, because it can't be used to bash Bush.  If you really want me to make a list of a dozen or so things, then I'll do it... but I'm sure you can think of some yourself.  I think you just overgeneralized that statement ;)
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 09:35:25 pm »
Possum, Hes done good things, all people do good things at some point, however I think we can all agree.. even if its painful for you to do, that the corruption outweighs it. Little to no corruption is possible.

None the less, this just in...

Chuck Hagel with Michael Bloomberg, get this.. not on a republican ticket, but an independent ticket.

I respect Chuck greatly, hes a republican, but hes one of the few politicians in general who realize they know they have to react and represent their people. For that he gets my kudos. Bloomberg isn't bad either. They could.. easily pose a massive threat to the republican, and democratic party.. Since the democrats are pulling a lot of independents, and the republicans have no one to run who doesn't support Bush in full (not counting Ron Paul -- hes radical in my book). This could pose a massive.. massive threat. Teddy Roosevelt ran progressive and swung the election... It could make this a fun election. :p

I still say i'd like to see.. a republican and a democrat work together to solve problems, rather than people from separate parties.. we'd get more compromise out of the administration.  Hagel should look to Richardson, or some of the other democrats that are running, maybe even cakefarts (though he said he'd not run on a VP ticket). -- We'll see.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 09:57:45 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Possum, Hes done good things, all people do good things at some point, however I think we can all agree.. even if its painful for you to do, that the corruption outweighs it. Little to no corruption is possible.
I'd say that's a cynical-pessimists attitude.  He's done more good things than bad, although there has been a lot of bad... there's clearly been more good ;)
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 10:20:36 pm »
I'd say that's a cynical-pessimists attitude.  He's done more good things than bad, although there has been a lot of bad... there's clearly been more good ;)
Yes, but the bad things are a lot bigger and more influential than the good things, even if there are some good things.
Bad:
1. No child left behind. Why do you think every teacher you meet is against it?
2. Dumb Cuba thing, pretty self explanitory
3. Immigration
4. For the most part: Iraq, despite what you say, its bad, people are dying for no cause other than Bush's whims.
5. Wire tapping
6. search engine tapping
7. email-tapping
8. Talking with his mouth full ::)
9. Denying global warming
10. Ties with oil companies
11. Lying about what has happened and is happening
12. Cheating on both elections

Etc.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:27:01 pm by Bboy94 »
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 10:27:32 pm »
Bboy94, most if not all of your examples are bad.  Wise up and get better ones. 

1) At least it was an effort.  It is only bad because the kids are dumb.
2) Guantanamo?  Holding enemy combatants is a new thing in war, and reports of torture are like hyperboles.
3) What is at fault? He has a plan and is actually trying to work it out rather than liberal towns that offer sanctuary.
4) No duh it is bad, but they are dying for a reason.  Every terrorist killed over there makes me sleep better.
5) For foreign calls with suspicious contacts.
6) If you search for a terrorist website, you probably get flagged, but beyond that, you suffer no legal ramfications.
7) Haven't heard of this one.  Have a credible source that does not pander?
8:) Really?  You had to put that one on there.  Seems like you needed it to fill a list.
9) Actually, he has publicly acknowledged it as global climate change.
10) He's from Texas.  Most important people from there do to.
11) Too ambiguous.  Needs more information.
12) Really?  He won the electoral vote in the first one, and the second one was more cut and dry. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:38:25 pm by 4Sword »
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 10:41:08 pm »
Bboy94, most if not all of your examples are bad.  Wise up and get better ones. 

1) At least it was an effort.  It is only bad because the kids are dumb.
2) Guantanamo?  Holding enemy combatants is a new thing in war, and reports of torture are like hyperboles.
3) What is at fault? He has a plan and is actually trying to work it out rather than liberal towns that offer sanctuary.
4) No duh it is bad, but they are dying for a reason.  Every terrorist killed over there makes me sleep better.
5) For foreign calls with suspicious contacts.
6) If you search for a terrorist website, you probably get flagged, but beyond that, you suffer no legal ramfications.
7) Haven't heard of this one.  Have a credible source that does not pander?
1. No, for example, kids that have just arrived here and don't know English, if they've been here for two months, they as a group have to score the same percentile as everyone else. And standardized tests don't measure intelligence, just how well you test and how much you have been taught of the test.
2. Well, I wasn't thinking Guantanamo, but thats number 13. I was talking about people not being allowed to go to Cuba, and if they do and come back, they can get fined $1,000,000, for their "safety."
3. The whole system needs to be reworked, these people that are immigrants aren't bad people, most of them are simply in poverty. And if you see the conditions they live in in Mexico, you won't really think hopping the border is such an "evil" thing anymore.
4. If by terrorist you mean innocent Iraqies? No? Well then... I have no idea what you are talking about.
5. No, its set listening in to millions of calls, and waiting for keywords.
6. Actually, its every word, all the searches do it anyway, but the government pays them millions of dollars to give up the reports. Google resisted for a while, but the government forced them, for "The sake of the children." Which is bs.
7. School, actually. We had a disscusion in history class about our privacy and phone/e-mail taps.

EDIT: Kudos, you beat me too it DFOTW, and you defended my points better than I can articulate.
Really?  You had to put that one on there.  Seems like you needed it to fill a list.
Take a joke, man, I could have put other things on there too. Don't believe me? Tax cuts on the rich to name one, then a bunch of things in DFOTW's post.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:49:31 pm by Bboy94 »
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 11:12:17 pm »
1) Standardization of American education is a key national priority.  I hate standardized tests as much as everyone else, but to some extent they have to exist.  Besides, colleges are looking less at them nowdays.
2) It might be easier with Castro dead.
3) They should not be in America if they are not paying to it.  That only makes the areas they go to poor.  Mexico needs to bear more of the social burden.  It is more of a Mexican problem.
4) There are some key terrorists who have plotted against America and the western world and others that were killed.  They are the ones that admit to killing Americans out of religious hate, and they are hardly innocent.
5) Good source please.  I want to read this one in depth.
6) Even if I get a source, it does not really matter if the government knows what you look for.  Just use a public library if you are that paranoid.
7) I do not go to your school, so that discussion you had there does little to help me.

Devout:
- Who cares what Bush thinks, the immigration thing is spurred on by Mexico's non-involvement.
- Did I say 9/11 had anything to do with Iraq?  A terrorist is a terrorist.  We took out Saddam and then had to make things right, it could not be helped because nearly everyone saw Saddam as a threat
- Anything that questions the government has to at least be monitored to some degree.  Not all radical groups start off radical
- Are you referring to Bush's first term policy?  If so, then it had to change as the threats on the US changed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:18:45 pm by 4Sword »
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 11:42:39 pm »
>_> This arguement is getting pointless, back on topic please.
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 11:52:18 pm »
Ok, seriously now, back on topic. :P
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 11:57:36 pm »
Ok, seriously now, back on topic. :P

Look, we've been discussing presidents of 2008 quite a bit. If I want to respond to someones defense of the Bush administration, I shall. If you want to change the direction of the discussion so bad, then you be the first to make a statement about the 08 candidates.
0.o Anger much? I just didn't want to get too far into a disscusion of Bush instead of the candidates.
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 12:01:48 am »
Devout:

And yet you fault Mexico nothing?  It is not just our border, but it is also their's.  It seems like the United States is the only side that is doing anything, and the Mexican government is just being passive about it.  A lot of your reasons are hypotheticals and irrationalities.  How the hell is anyone supposed to respond to that !@#$%.  It will, it will...has it?

Not our responsibility to throw down dictators?  We have done it before.  Namely the British monarchy in the American Revolution and the dictators in Latin America we helped put down.  It is not something new.  Freedoms and liberty should be everywhere, and if you cannot agree with that, then you are almost selfish.  Monroe Doctrine.

As for nation building, when you take out a leader of a country, it is kind of your responsibility to set things back up.  If we were mainly the only ones in Iraq, then I could understand your idea that we are solely trying to manage and play puppet strings, but we also had other countries who were there helping us.  The Iraqi government is not even fully based on the American system, so that is saying something.

The last bit of what you said was merely conspiracy.  If it were really true, then it would be called out.  If the Democrats did not jump on it, then it probably is not real.

Bboy94:

Things change.  If want it back, then provide other candidates ideas to what we are saying.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:03:24 am by 4Sword »
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 12:05:17 am »
  -_- I give up. *throws hands in air* But 4S if this was another topic, as a mod, I'd bet you'd say to get back on topic.
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2007, 12:09:52 am »
  -_- I give up. *throws hands in air* But 4S if this was another topic, as a mod, I'd bet you'd say to get back on topic.
Debates go off-topic all the time.  There was once a topic on DSRevolution that was about presidents, and the topic went the same way as this one is happening now.  If this were a topic in Community Speak about someone getting a car and then someone else posted saying how they just discovered a new flavor of potato chip or crisp, then that would be horribly off-topic.  This is a debate.  It has progressed naturally to this point. 

I thought that the Democrats had a thing against Fox?  I like to see that some can step up.
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2007, 12:33:46 am »
Because you see into the hearts and minds of these elites, is that how know how they feel?  The economic system of the country benefits from people doing shitty jobs, but the health care and other systems suffer.  These problems are not being ignored.

I also mentioned Latin America and the Monroe Doctrine, but you looked past that just as I supposedly looked past your "facts".  As long as we are there and setting up a government, I think setting up a democratic system with liberty and other things would help prevent problems later.

Ignorant?  The world is not out to get you.  Or, maybe it is and I am one of them.  That only makes sense because I am in direct opposition to what you are saying.  If that is so, then I must prove the existence of the higher ups!  They have to be real because I see their influence.  CBS ran with the story initially, but they did not go far with it did they?

About the thing with the Democrats and their non-jumping, notice the word "probably".  I never stated it as sure fact, did I?

I think that you form the beliefs you do as a way to feel better about yourself. 

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:36:16 am by 4Sword »
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2007, 01:13:43 am »
What was I talking about?  What I was talking about was your observation of the elite.  You assume you know how they truly feel, and one can never really know that.  The only thing that really matters in politics is actions anyway.  I could say that someone probably wants to do something or that they probably feel a certain way, but being over-factual and saying that it is how it is is being presumptuous.

You missed the second part about the economy buckling on health care.  Important part your missed again.  If Bush wants the illegals over here so bad, then why are people, including conservatives, complaining about the health care system failing in those areas as medical care is being provided to people that do not pay for it?  What about the crimes in the area and the recent changes in local laws regarding illegal's ability to own property.  Trickling away.  A governor can do a job to you know.

As more people save money, inflation will go up.  While banks circulate and borrow the invested money, it is still harder than having the money just spent.  I have not seen anything recently about inflation by Dobbs, so who knows?

The reason to go into Iraq was Saddam and the possible threat he caused.  Liberty and freedom had to be a result as we rebuilt what we took down.  If we left it the same, then there would have been no reason for us being there.

Pathetic argument.  If you say so.

You have to realize, that to a lot of people, you appear just as irrational as you see me.

Also, when one forms a belief, it does not mean that they necessarily pulled it from nothing.  It could also mean that they took the influences around them and made a plan of values and what they might do in situations.  I do not know what is going on, I do not know what is going on?  Assumes a lot, does it not?  Maybe I am just picking my side because I like it.  How would you ever know?

I like your use of the 90% figure.  I was 32% entertained.

I am educated, so I take offense to you thinking of me as dumb.  Assumptions are a dangerous thing, no?
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2007, 06:12:27 pm »
I'd just like a democrat to win. That's because I don't trust Republicans.

But for that matter I don't trust any American in politics.
I'm not American but this is my opinion.

Dascu

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007, 06:24:12 pm »
I'm going to stay out of this debate, simply because I have too little knowledge on the matter, and I'm not living in America, so I can't really comment on Bush's internal policies, however, I'd like to ask you three (Mr Vash, Posh and 4Sword): where are you getting all this? Just from the news? Or do you guys keep track of political sites? Honestly, I'm impressed. Certainly beats all the "Bush sucks because he lied about WMDs"-"debates".
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007, 06:36:38 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
My two cents..

Bush sucks because he lied about WMDs.
My name is Pitt

Dascu

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2007, 06:40:06 pm »
My two cents..

someon ban neo hes dumb
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 06:43:03 pm »
  • <3
My two cents..

someon ban neo hes dumb
dum*
I'm not on ZFGC a lot anymore, but I'm on the IRC channel.
Online Multiplayer Uno Card Game!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
  • My Website
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 79 queries.

anything